The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Wow. BBB, very impressive. Thank you for being such a great part of this site!
-
- 5 replies
- 726 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey all just curious what your most used device is to play and work online?
-
- 8 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
If you have a web browser with a Java add-on (not javascript) and there are few who don't - You really need to consider taking this action. If you use a Mac, Apple has you covered. However if you have a jailbroken iphone, then you too, are at risk. Don't ignore this simple fix. The latest Oracle Java patch released today, still has serious security risks and vulnerabilities. For some reason the embed informal links with the article did not carryover, so it might be more helpful to read the article via the accredited link at the end of this post. By Will Oremus Posted Monday, Jan. 14, 2013, at 11:49 AM ET The last time hackers found a hole in Java’s browser plugin s…
-
-
-
Watching tonite's episode of Bones.. It is about a mysterious death of a dancer who was about to audition for a tv dance competition. The dead girl's partner is none other than Dimitri from SYTYCD.. And another of the contestants is this past year's winner, Chehon...
-
This is a thread for animal lovers, so if that does not describe you, my apologies. You can move on! Almost any dog food one buys these days has the three magic words that put fear into the heart of the owner: "Made In China." Take a look at your treats and tell me which ones are made in the USA. Why does that worry me, along with oh, say, fifty million other dog owners? Because Chinese food cannot be trusted! Just last week the NY Times had an article about a run on baby food in Australia. What's that got to do with this? Well, the run was due to Chinese tourists buying baby food in bulk to take home. They don't trust baby food made in China. So if the Chinese skimp o…
- 10 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
A Baptist pastor was presenting a children's sermon. During the sermon, he asked the children if they knew what the resurrection was. Now, asking questions during children's sermons is crucial, but at the same time, asking children questions in front of a congregation can also be very dangerous. Having asked the children if they knew the meaning of the resurrection, a little boy raised his hand. The pastor called on him and the little boy said, "I know that if you have a resurrection that lasts more than four hours, you are supposed to call the doctor." It took over ten minutes for the congregation to settle down enough from their laughter for the worship service to be co…
-
- 2 replies
- 555 views
-
-
I was informed that some on the board do not see different forums that were outside of the "main" forum. The term Main was used many years ago and it just stayed that way. It was not ever meant to be a more important category. But, it was just intended to be the first forum. I have changed things around a bit and organized them in a more logical manner. (at least logical to me and I am not sure that says a great deal) I hope this makes it easier for all to see all the forums and participate more in other areas.
- 27 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
Vader could have been Japanese. http://kotaku.com/5975671/how-star-wars-mightve-had-a-different-darth-vader?utm_source=jezebel.com&utm_medium=recirculation&utm_campaign=recirculation
-
- 0 replies
- 697 views
-
-
Jezebel has a thread going today telling straight girls to stay the fuck out of gay bars. What do you think? Straight girls in gay bars - loud annoying sacks of tuna, or fun female allies?
- 21 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
Nicholas Hoult is now single, having split from Jennifer Lawrence. But before you make a play, you should remember, .
-
- 1 reply
- 740 views
-
-
"Brokeback Mountain" and "Milk" may have captivated audiences and swept award shows in recent years, but it seems Hollywood still has some reservations when it comes to portraying gay content on the big screen. Oscar-winning director Steven Soderbergh has revealed that many studios weren't exactly keen on "Behind the Candelabra," his much-anticipated Liberace biopic which is now set to air on HBO. Nobody would make it, Soderbergh told The New York Post of his new movie, which stars Michael Douglas and Matt Damon. We went to everybody in town. They all said it was too gay. Soderbergh, whose credits include "Ocean's Eleven" and "Traffic," as well as last summer's smas…
- 10 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
I am curious about ip addresses and the ease with which these can be tracked/changed. I most often access this Board from my home computer or an office in Hong Kong. Since I travel to other places, though, I assume other ip addresses must tell whoever wants to check that my posts on this or other Boards are being made from several different countries. Or is my ip address generated by the computer, in which case only my desktop and laptop would appear? I know about proxy servers, thanks in fact to HeyGay who responded to a post I made on this Board when it was impossible to access SGT from Bangkok. I also know these enable someone to access a site using a totally d…
- 51 replies
- 7.7k views
- 1 follower
-
Fiddling While Rome Burns Dept.: http://m.guardiannews.com/environment/2013/jan/12/us-scientists-effects-global-warming
-
- 1 reply
- 744 views
-
-
This is the start of a mildly interesting article in today’s Observer from London. It deals in part with the frequent conflict between the public utterances and private behaviour of some of the most outspoken critics of homosexuality. Field Marshall Viscount Montgomery of Alamein tried to stop the repeal of the criminal laws against homosexuality in the UK - Then his biographer revealed that Monty had “passionate, if unconsummated, relationships with young men.” The ever-sharp pen of the late Christopher Hitchens was more direct – The writer of the article generally concludes that men who are secure in their heterosexuality have “little interest …
-
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
I Live for a good Controversy and bitch-slapping fight. Just noticed the Sandbox Forum here, and am wondering wHY there is not more action THERE ???? You can just hug and air-kiss each other so much, and then it gets Tired..... Lets play in the Sand ! :hyper:
- 18 replies
- 1.9k views
-
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/isnt-petition-response-youre-looking
- 23 replies
- 2.2k views
-
I will be attending this fun party tomorrow night at the Factory night club, While it is mostly for "The Industry" there will be a LOT of cute fellas there. And while it is not an escort or rentboy event you should be able to make some contacts if you are at all interested, (hint- don't be a letch,a perv,or a jerk-and DON'T BE CHEAP!)for future engagements. http://www.cybersocketwebawards.com/index.php
- 10 replies
- 1.4k views
-
I love thrillers and ghost story's and really want too see this. just the trailer gives me chills
-
- 3 replies
- 711 views
-
-
OMG I found a live version of what used to be a very cool song OMG I just cannot believe what I was watching OMG is it possible OMG the original version of The Boys In The Band was really a band of black fairy bros OMG who wears short shorts apparently the bass player does OMG plus what did Eric swallow his fucking watch OMG why did I have to see this OMG http://youtu.be/3i0DMbCKnAg WTF a group of old white people pretending to be gay black people WTF did he just wipe sweat off his balding forehead WTF how did such a iconic song go so wrong on video WTF at least the top vid is the real guy WTF http://youtu.be/5XwpafmmRX8
-
The Seattle Seahawks and the New England Patriots will play in Super Bowl XLVII, famed forecaster Nate Silver is predicting. You remember Nate's notoriety for predicting successfully the 2012 Presidential race. Not that I really care, but I agree with his prediction. http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item/nate_silvers_super_bowl_prediction_20130110/ What's your prediction? Or is that too straight of a question to ask here?
- 6 replies
- 846 views
- 1 follower
-
WARNING if you listening to the song below you might find yourself in a field of beautiful flowers with a beautiful boy toy smoking some colorful fag and hearing the rush of the sunlight cut through the haze ... you've been warned my friends... you're all too beautiful http://youtu.be/VJzcF0v1eOE
-
Oz asked me to delete my cache and cookies and then reply to a post to see whether it's doing something strange.. I didn't want to reply to someone else's posts just to test.. Edited
-
- 21 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
2 things. 1. For quite some time I was "automatically" logged on whenever I entered the site and chose forum. Not necessarily a bad thing but I did not have "keep me logged in" selected. Lately it seems to be working as I expected it to do. 2. Many times when I try to post I get the "saving" message but no post within what I consider a reasonable amount of time. Often I have to go back and re-enter my post, a nuisance. I have segued into entering one letter or one word of a post and then hitting "post", then finishing my post using edit. Not a very satisfactory solution but one that works most of the time, but not always. What is going on? Best regards, RA1