Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest EXPAT
  2. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Breaking News: @BarbraStreisand to perform on the #Oscars for the first time in 36 years! http://ow.ly/hg9Iw

    • 0 replies
    • 540 views
  3. Started by AdamSmith,

    The title of this thread is quite literal. Self-Portrait in a Convex Mirror John Ashbery As Parmigianino did it, the right hand Bigger than the head, thrust at the viewer And swerving easily away, as though to protect What it advertises. A few leaded panes, old beams, Fur, pleated muslin, a coral ring run together In a movement supporting the face, which swims Toward and away like the hand Except that it is in repose. It is what is Sequestered. Vasari says, "Francesco one day set himself To take his own portrait, looking at himself from that purpose In a convex mirror, such as is used by barbers . . . He accordingly caused a ball of wood to be made By a turner, and ha…

    • 13 replies
    • 1.7k views
  4. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Well so much for me being allowed to carry the Gay Card anymore. I always try to support gay causes and if presented with a reasonable option take the gay friendly road. But tonight I was weak, I looked at the devil and he winked at me ... I just could not control myself I I I I I had dinner at Chick Filet Save Me!

  5. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    A new fad has gotten off the ground, literally, in Russia. Skywalkers -- or roofers, as they proudly call themselves -- climb a skyscraper, a construction crane, a tall monument, a tower or a bridge. When they get to the top, they balance themselves — sometimes on the tiniest of ledges — and take a lurch-in-the-stomach picture, like this one, of the view hundreds of feet below. Then they post it on the Internet. "Human problems seem insignificant when you are hanging out on a star," said Artyom Lakhtionov, 19, a college photography student. "Even traffic jams that paralyze your life down there don't seem so hopeless. Read more:http://lat.ms/X9YmZl

  6. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    Anyone watch this show? I think it's the best thing on television - and the only show I've seen that presents a bisexual character in a reasonable, realistic light.

    • 1 reply
    • 826 views
  7. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    LOOK I'm not dead!! although there is some serious doubt in my mind with the college workload I'm under. Anyway I have a few questions that I'd like to ask to our knowledgeable members. Both questions are about porns.. 1. I used to like some movies on videotape back in the early 90s maybe or even 80s? I don't really recall their names however but I often wish I could find these videos again. No, they're not Bijou or anything like that. Anyway do porn companies ever take films completely out of circulation for whatever reason? Are there any online companies that you know old movies can be bought from directly? 2. I was shocked this weekend when I went to reliable GOOGLE…

  8. Started by TotallyOz,

    I like shoes, booze and boys with tattoos!

  9. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I'm sure hito will have something to say about these. . . .

  10. Started by TotallyOz,

    Great little article about Vicco the smallest municipality in Kentucky, and possibly the country, to enact such an ordinance banning discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/29/us/vicco-kentucky-passes-ban-on-gay-bias.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1

  11. I have read it. Best regards, RA1

    • 0 replies
    • 874 views
  12. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Who do you think is this leg attached to in this famous picture from "The Graduate"? I'm sure many of you would think it's Anne Bancroft but that is NOT correct. Then who is it?

    • 5 replies
    • 790 views
  13. Started by TotallyOz,

    "Love is for Pussies. Now do we have a deal?"

  14. Guest NCBored
    Started by Guest NCBored,

    http://youtu.be/hfEvG6zRsJU I have a problem with heights = just watching this gave me knots in my stomach!

  15. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    People has the first family portrait of Sir Elton, David Furnish,Zachary, and new arrival Elijah, and it's a cute family. For now, they're staying in Los Angeles, but plan to return the family to England in a few months.

    • 1 reply
    • 581 views
  16. Guest Jovianmoon
    Started by Guest Jovianmoon,

    Ordinarily I wouldn't dream of posting the content of a private message on the forums, but this guy is so obviously a scammer that I have no hesitation. Some of you may have received similar messages yourselves. And most rational people would dismiss such messages with a chuckle. What amuses - and at the same time - disturbs me is that this guy is going to the extent of claiming gayness to further his scam. I have received a number of similar messages via email (mostly from Nigeria, but also from other West African countries as well) with the same kind of 'advance fee fraud/419' message - usually including some reference to god and Christian charity with the usua…

  17. Started by TotallyOz,

    Anyone stayed at this hotel before? They have a fabulous deal for 5k points per night. That is just an incredible deal IMHO. http://www.priorityclub.com/hotels/us/en/global/redeem/pointbreaks/centralsouthamerica http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g303631-d582246-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Express_Sumare_Ave-Sao_Paulo_State_of_Sao_Paulo.html I have booked the Intercontinental for 14 nights at 40,000 per night. This was save me nearly 500,000 points if I stay at the Holiday Inn. I just need to know it is OK and good Internet. Anyone?

  18. We had talked about this a bit back but it looks like a powerful group of Senators want to include an exit system when visitors leave USA. A proposal would also require that an exit system be in place for tracking departures of foreigners who entered the country through airports or seaports, before any illegal immigrants could start on a path to citizenship. http://www.nytimes.c...on.html?hp&_r=0

  19. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

  20. How To Deal With Homophobes Online In many ways, the Internet has been great for gay men. It's given us ways to contact others like us, make allies in the straight community, get laid, and generally feel less alone. But there is a downside as well. It also allows us to come in contact with right wing homophobes who will try to tear down everything we've accomplished. Some of these homophobes mean well, but have simply been given wrong information because of a general lack of education about homosexuality in our public school systems. Others are hateful and are trying to convince other people who may not have an opinion on homosexuality one way or another to come over to…

  21. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Several months ago, I met this boy off of Craigslist. He is 18 yrs old, a senior in High School, latino. Our original "arrangement" for for a meeting for $40. He is tall, thin, smooth, with a big, fat uncut 8-incher. He lives just a couple of miles from me.. So far, sounds like a blessing.. Here is the "curse"--he is straight (in his mind, anyways). He texts me every couple of weeks when he is looking for some money. If I am available, he comes over, cums and goes. The problem is that total time from in the door til back out is less than 15 minutes. He comes in.. drops his pants.. (he is usually already semi-hard at this point. He loves to get sucked and/or fuck.. nothi…

  22. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Doing some research on the internet, I came across an interesting newspaper book review published in 2011.The topic about a famous actress was more than interesting. Had we been closer to Christmas, I thought some of this could serve as the basis of several questions for the Quiz. But as we are not, and as this is clearly overlong, I decided to post it now just for fun and to see if anyone can come up with the right answers. Actually, when you piece together the jigsaw, it’s really not difficult, especially as much is given away in the first paragraph. But even if you don’t get the answers, it’s quite an interesting read. We are talking about a family of actors, all of …

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  23. We had talked about this a bit back but it looks like a powerful group of Senators want to include an exit system when visitors leave USA. A proposal would also require that an exit system be in place for tracking departures of foreigners who entered the country through airports or seaports, before any illegal immigrants could start on a path to citizenship. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/28/us/politics/senators-agree-on-blueprint-for-immigration.html?hp&_r=0

  24. The Russian Lower House has passed at the first reading a bill banning homosexual propaganda towards minors, which has already been labeled by opponents as anti-gay. The bill was supported by 388 MPs with one vote against and one abstention. The ban was submitted by deputies from the Novosibirsk Region in Siberia, who had earlier introduced similar local regulations. If approved, it would introduce heavy fines for the promotion of homosexuality among children. Those found guilty of the offence could be fined up to 5000 roubles (about $160), but the fines increase 10-fold for officials and 100-fold for companies. Hearings were initially scheduled for December, but got p…

  25. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Today I saw a sign for a street cafe I had not see before - the Dope Cafe! It's one of the things I like about Bangkok. All the different signs that often mean not quite what we think they mean - or ought to mean!

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.