The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Springfield, IL — A Catholic priest from the Springfield diocese headed by Bishop Thomas J. Paprocki, who testified against Illinois' marriage equality bill, is on administrative leave after calling 911 to report that he was unable to remove a pair of handcuffs he'd been "playing with." Father Tom Donovan as seen in his Linked-In profile "I'm going to need help getting out before this becomes a medical emergency," Father Tom Donovan told a dispatcher during the Nov. 28 call. "You're stuck in a pair of handcuffs?" the dispatcher asks. "(I was) playing with them and I need help getting out," Donovan responds. His voice on the 911 tape released Friday by police sound…
- 19 replies
- 1.6k views
-
http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2013/01/15/planet-earth-abandons-death-star-project-in-face-of-superior-galactic-imperial-power/ IMPERIAL CENTER, CORUSCANT – The overwhelming military superiority of the Galactic Empire has been confirmed once again by the recent announcement by the President of the United States that his nation would not attempt to build a Death Star, despite the bellicose demands of the people of his tiny, aggressive planet. “It is doubtless that such a technological terror in the hands of so primitive a world would be used to upset the peace and sanctity of the citizens of the Galactic Empire,“ said Governor Wilhuff Tarkin of the Outer Rim T…
- 10 replies
- 1.2k views
-
I'm having knee surgery next Wednesday. about 2 weeks ago I tore the ACL in my right knee.
-
- 10 replies
- 806 views
- 1 follower
-
-
This has been going around this week. It is absolutely hilarious.
-
I am NOT a smoker at all but I once loved smoking these Nat Sherman Fantasia cigs. I use to take them with me to Thailand and the BF loved them. I have not seen them in ages and I thought they were no longer made. Then, low and behold I was in a casino in Vegas and saw them. Heaven. I am Heaven. I just love lighting up ones of these sexy fags and puffing on it (I do it with my red ruby slippers).
- 17 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
I spent some time today chatting up this cute guy. I knew I had no chance with him but as he was cute, I thought I would try. Then, I got inside the convention hall and he had his own booth. Who knew it was James Deen. Hottie!
-
- 9 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
NBC is doing another birthday party for her that will air on Feb 5. But she turns 91 today. Happy Birthday to one of my favorite entertainers who apparently has quite the potty mouth in private.
-
Moving piece by a female sex worker. Good to see such a viewpoint presented to mainstream readerships. The Good Men Project / By Charlotte Shane Why I'm Happy I Became a Prostitute Some of the nicest men I've ever met were my clients. We must move beyond cartoonish depictions of villainous, lustful men victimizing vulnerable women. November 22, 2010 | This story first appeared on the Good Men Project. I was in my early 20s, teaching undergrads in the morning, taking graduate classes in the afternoon, and selling nighttime webcam sex shows on a site that regularly featured professional porn stars like Jenna Jameson. The man watching me that night bought 90 minut…
-
Time perhaps to reflect that despite all the comments about Suvarnabhumi, there are many worse airports out there. This is from a relatively recent CNN poll. 10 Worst Airports Paris, Charles de Gaulle LAX London Heathrow Tegucigalpa, Honduras Manila, The Philippines Nairobi, Kenya JFK Kathmandu Perth, Australia Sao Paolo International, Brazil. http://edition.cnn.c...nngo/index.html I have only been through 5 in the last 5 years – Paris, LAX, Heathrow, JFK and Kathmandu. I now totally avoid LAX and JFK for international flights. I’ll fly in to another airport and then take domestic flights. Paris was very overcrowded. Heathrow Terminal 5 is general…
-
-
For those that have not read the information on Lucky's recent trip, he has posted several amazing reviews. Be sure to check these treasures out! http://www.boytoy.com/forums/index.php?/forum/253-theater-art-and-literature/
-
- 12 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Now THIS is the way to work. Until you get caught! Software developer Bob outsources own job and whiles away shifts on cat videosVerizon's hunt for firm's mysterious hacker exposes 'top worker' at firm who let Chinese consultants log on to do his daily work The Guardian, Wednesday 16 January 2013 13.12 EST Could this kitten possibly be more interesting than the job in hand? Secret outsourcer Bob probably thought so... Photograph: Dan Kitwood/Getty Images When a routine security check by a US-based company showed someone was repeatedly logging on to their computer system from China, it naturally sent alarm bells ringing. Hackers were suspected and telecoms expe…
-
It's Not Just The Wind That Blows: Boytoys Gay Guide To Barcelona How would you like to go to a gay friendly city with fabulous architecture, cheap liquor, sizzling beaches, and some of the hottest nightlife in the world? If that sounds like your cup of tea then, you simply must visit Barcelona, where the winds blow just like the boys in the torrid Spanish gay neighborhood! Barcelona is the second largest city in Spain and sits on the western coast, right by the French border. Everything is about half the price you'd pay in New York or San Francisco, and the Barcelona boys know how to boogie! You'll find that it's almost always warm in this sinful city which is…
- 4 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
http://gawker.com/5976326/satanists-are-now-supporting-florida-governor-rick-scott
-
- 0 replies
- 595 views
-
-
On another thread, several comments were made to the effect that you 'pay for' boyfriends but in a different way than escorts. I inferred form the comments that the posters picked up the tabs for their boyfriends. Is that common among most posters here? And if it is - why? Do the boyfriends have less money, or does it have to do with roles of some kind that define the relationship? My own relationships were generally those of 2 equals, and we each paid our own way or took turns picking up dinner tabs, etc. I have always been wary of having someone dependent on me, I think.
- 29 replies
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
Until today, I had never heard of Aaron Swartz, the computer whiz who took his life at the age of 26. A lot is being written since the young man was clearly a genius, and his death a particular loss of a wonderful mind. He had ideas that went against the mainstream, and in fact was under indictment at the time of his death. He had a quite liberal attitude about file sharing, and he knew how to get the files he wanted to share. So, a young rebel with a promising future is dead. But one thing that interested me is his 2007 article on why he isn't gay. I quote via towleroad.com: "Also, some have wondered whether Mr. Swartz was gay. In fact, he was not. Not by his definit…
- 9 replies
- 1.1k views
-
Looking back to your late teen and early twenties at a time when escorts worked the streets bars and Advocate Pink Pages would you have been an escort? Do you feel you had what it would take to please countless older men?
-
- 15 replies
- 973 views
-
-
How To Bang A Straight Guy Men cum in all shapes and sizes. And, all are adorable in their own ways. But for many of us, the holy grail is to get in the pants of a straight guy. Sure, I know you have to pretend to your hot straight male friends that you don't like them that way but many of us are dogs who would do the humpty-hump with our jogging buddy in a moment's notice if given the chance. And, why not? Forbidden fruit has always been one of the biggest turn-ons for people in bed. Transgression is fun. Plus, sex can often be about conquering, and what's a more brag-worthy conquest the twink in the dark room of The Cock who's blown three guys that night, or a hunky…
- 13 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
This will be analyzed for days to come. It was an odd coming out speech even though she was already "out", she made it official or did she? Yes she did. . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qclsRq6tYi8
- 26 replies
- 2.2k views
-
Since this is not gay-themed, I won't corrupt the Gay Movie Forum with it...
-
- 7 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Scientists take to Twitter to reveal their less than scientific methods Scientists across the world are tweeting about how experiments really get done. Some are brutally honest, most are very funny Weird science … not all scientists are as methodical as you might have expected. Photograph: The Ronald Grant Archive Scientists are a precise bunch. Our experiments are carefully planned down to the last detail, the methods we use are selected with great care and forethought and our sample sizes are perfectly calibrated to ensure statistically valid results. But first our hypotheses are constructed only after carefully reading our peers' work. You can see evidence …
-
- 3 replies
- 876 views
-
-
Gay Prague Take A Tour! Tired of the increasingly expensive cost of Western Europe rent boys, boy toys and beverages as the dollar slides against the Euro? Then, my beautiful bears, terrific twinks and cravilicious cockaholics, it's time to look East and explore Prague. Prague is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe and, with the advent of low cost airlines, has quickly become one of the few that has no off season. You can dance the night away and get your gay on 12 months a year! The city has a rich history and is where Mozart's Don Giovanni was first performed. It retains a medieval city center, is an easy to navigate pedestrian city, and is the most gay-fr…
-
- 1 reply
- 900 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I was kicking back this morning thinking about some of my conquests from years long ago. I remembered an odd event in two different cities within two days of each other .... The first city was Atlanta where I met this twink at a skate board park bathroom. I chatted him up a bit and we made plans to meet at my place that evening just to get stoned.Well the hottie arrived I was a bit nervous at first hoping I wasn't being set up to be fag bashed ... so we smoked a little and talked some. Turns out the kids father was a well known national weatherman. After we were nice and toasted I had sex with him. It was fun .... and very early the next morning he took off never to be …
-
There is a website called biddingfortravel.com at which I participated for a long time and contributed quite a bit of information. The website is owned by a woman named Sheryl, and she rules the place with an iron hand and a short temperament. She has driven so many posters away that the site is of much less value since so few contributions come in. The purpose of the site is good. You post the bid that won you a hotel on Priceline, and this helps others make more intelligent bids on Priceline. You no longer bid so blindly. If you have no trouble following Sheryl's rules, the site might make your bidding much better. Sheryl does not like the fact that I find her rules c…
- 24 replies
- 3.1k views
-
Kate was reportedly veddy veddy pleased with her official portrait (naturally) ... http://m.guardiannews.com/uk/2013/jan/11/duchess-of-cambridge-portrait ... The Guardian's critics, however, less so ... http://m.guardiannews.com/uk/2013/jan/11/duchess-of-cambridge-portrait-emsley Furthermore, 'Twilight' undertones? ...The Guardian 'Twilight...' article notes approvingly, by way of contrast, Lucian Freud's 'uncompromising' portrait of the Queen: Had not known about this before but like it a good deal. Would have been fascinating to see him image Nixon.
- 11 replies
- 1.3k views