The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
-
- 0 replies
- 997 views
- 1 follower
-
-
They seem to be everywhere. http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/31/tech/china-nyt-hacking/index.html?hpt=hp_t3
-
Anyone here among the 90,002 on the Pan Am reservation list to take a flight to the moon? Are you wondering if your reservation is still good? Even though the Pan Am that was in existence at the time those reservations were taken is no longer, the current owner of the list could resurrect the list if a "commercial" flight were to become available. I have serious doubts any such flight would be on a flag carrier using the name Pan Am but they could "sell" the tickets to such a flight from their list. Similar to one carrier putting customers on another carrier's flights when their flight breaks down, is cancelled or whatever. So, any such reservation may still be good, …
- 25 replies
- 3k views
-
Great article in the New York Times: Millions of people across the globe have cut the tethers to their offices, working remotely from home, airport lounges or just about anywhere they can get an Internet connection. But the political party governing Thailand has taken telecommuting into an altogether different realm. For the past year and a half, by the party’s own admission, the most important political decisions in this country of 65 million people have been made from abroad, by a former prime minister who has been in self-imposed exile since 2008 to escape corruption charges. The country’s most famous fugitive, Thaksin Shinawatra, circles the globe in hi…
- 11 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
This is Steven Tyler from American Idol last night. Hilarious.
-
- 4 replies
- 856 views
-
-
...Have I been missing something? CORNHOLE BOARDS (new) - $90 (Raleigh) $90 for this premium cornhole set. Made to ACA specs and covered with laminate for the ultimate finish . (No need for paint) The legs are made of solid hardwood and have been sprayed with a clear lacquer finish. Regulation duck cloth bags (set of 8) $20 call or text Chad at...
-
- 5 replies
- 1k views
-
-
I hope this man loses his job. The link provides an audio excerpt of this bigot spouting his hate: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4c5_1359782889
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
If you have breast cancer, or even if you don't, this is worth watching. Remember men to breathe deeply. Like it says in the video, have a friend check you out! This has been a pubic service announcement.
-
Methinks NFC is going to trounce the AFC next week, Fellow sports fans, thoughts?
-
This post was prompted by the Take Care thread, but belonged in a new thread here: SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE YOU MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS: As you open your pockets to do a good thing and make yourself feel good, please keep the following facts in mind: ---------------------------- The American Red Cross President and CEO Marsha J. Evans' salary for the year was $651,957 plus expenses MARCH OF DIMES It is now called the March of Dimes because only a dime for every 1 dollar is given to the needy. The United Way President Brian Gallagher receives a $375,000 base salary along with numerous expense benefits. UNICEF CEO Caryl M. Stern receives $1,200,00…
- 27 replies
- 4k views
- 1 follower
-
I am trying to improve my status as a thread starter, which was brought to my attention in another thread. So here goes one of three subjects, one gay-Thailand related, one Thailand-only related and one gay-only related: This is a personal subject, but I don't know how you can discuss sexual orientation realistically without getting personal. But as I get older, I am forced to think more and more about the inevitable demise of a surviving parent. I have mixed feelings about my upbringing, lack of respect I have shown to authority while as a child, and some general, normal regret for things happening one way or another. I may feel justified in my behavior on some issues…
-
- 31 replies
- 4.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
A link in a post on the other board got me wondering about Bruce Webber, the photographer, so I googled his pix. And as soon as I started browsing, OZ's rant about the H.S. football coach popped into my head, along with the realization that I haven't been contributing my fair share of beefcake fotos for BoyToy's galleries. (Does anyone else still feel a bit awkward saying 'BoyToy' rather than "MER"?) At any rate here you have it: Msguy's field guide to Alabama and the cuties that dwell there as seen through the eyes of Bruce Webber. Of course it takes a lot of back yard practice to make one of Sabin's teams.
- 10 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
HONOLULU (AP) — The actor best known for playing the TV character Gomer Pyle in the 1960s has married his male partner of 38 years. Hawaii News Now (http://bit.ly/14tFM3U) reports Jim Nabors and his partner, Stan Cadwallader, traveled from their Honolulu home to Seattle to be married Jan. 15. Gay marriage became legal in Washington state last month. The 82-year-old Nabors says you've got to solidify something when you've been together as long as they have. The couple met in 1975 when Cadwallader was a Honolulu firefighter. Cadwallader is 64. Nabors says he's been open about his homosexuality to co-workers and friends but never acknowledged it to the media before…
-
I think I want one of these. Been wanting to get a dog for awhile now
-
Gay Melbourne – That's Not A Cock – This Is A Cock! Have you ever thought about going down, down under? Then you may want to book a trip to Melbourne, where the men are men and the rent boys drink Foster's. While many people know about the nightlife in Sydney, Melbourne while less well known – but the scene is much more open and there are plenty of things (and guys) to do! In fact, Melbourne is considered the cultural capital of Australia – and whether you are into art, music, theater or sculpture, you'll find something to do. And we all know that where culture pops up, fagtabulous times can be had. So, my darling daddies, luscious leather boys, terrific twinks and pow…
- 3 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
Every year they come out with some new shows that either flop or flourish. This year is no exception. I have been enjoying these new shows: Banshee The Following Ripper Street Anyone want to recommend others to watch?
-
- 5 replies
- 812 views
- 1 follower
-
-
In a series of spoilers about Glee, TV Line mentions the "Naked" episode (to air January 31). “Naked,” focuses on the guys as they get involved in 'a little fundraiser fun for the glee club,' Tobin teased. 'It’s very much about the boys getting buff and tanned and bronzed…. Chord [Overstreet, as Sam] really spearheads the ‘beefcake’ number, and it’s pretty hilarious.'"
- 15 replies
- 1.4k views
-
Apparently Coke will introduce an ad during the Super Bowl that Arabs say is racist. If it is, it would have to be because of "political or social intent" according to me. Otherwise, many folks, groups and cultures are portrayed in various ways that may or may not be correct today. But does that make them racist? Not everything is politically incorrect. Have we not gone a very long way down this road and is it not time to stop and consider what is going on? Isn't intent a very large part of US law? I realize a TV ad is a public exhibition of someone's thinking but is it necessarily a true statement of anyone's intent? I realize I am harping on the concept of inten…
-
Our old escort acquaintance Devon Blackwell, he of the searingly truthful and authentic blog -- kept up even through his meth-fueled psychic meltdown some years ago -- has returned, under his given name, with a blog alluding openly to his past and sharing his present. What a gift. http://reliablenarratives.com/
-
- 1 reply
- 969 views
-
-
I had to sell my iPad however one flaw it had was a lack of a awesome stand. I just noticed that todays special on QVC is that missing awesome stand with a nice design as well. Reasonably priced ... you might want to check it out here: http://www.qvc.com/INFOtainment-Apple-iPad-Mini-Foldable-Docking-Stand.product.E223763.html?moreGroupProds=E223763,E223764,E223765,&bundleProductsId=E223766
-
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. IT WILL MAKE YOUR DAY.
-
Pornhub claims that this is their "rejected" super bowl commercial. Which of course simply means that they posted this to various video sharing sites and then told 4chan, Reddit & all their fans, not that they actually ever attempted to buy air time for this. Just like PETA's "banned / rejected" Veggie Love ad of super bowl 2009 the rejection here is just a magic phrase that "makes ad go viral". It's like Beetlejuice, say it three times and it'll happen. Banned super bowl ad, banned super bowl ad, banned super bowl ad. See? You know, it makes sense that Pornhub should succeed due to 'word of mouth' advertising. They are an oral kind of brand. Also I have the weirdest…
-
- 1 reply
- 686 views
-
-
J.J. Abrams Will Reportedly Direct the Next Star Wars Movie!
- 9 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
- 5 replies
- 831 views
-
-
Jim Nabors, the Hawaii resident well known for his starring role in the 1960s television sitcom "Gomer Pyle, USMC," married his longtime male partner early this month, he told Hawaii News Now Tuesday. Nabors, 82, said he married his companion of 38 years, Stan Cadwallader, who's 64, in Seattle on Jan. 15. Nabors declined an on-camera interview but spoke to Hawaii News Now by phone. "I'm 82 and he's in his 60s and so we've been together for 38 years and I'm not ashamed of people knowing, it's just that it was such a personal thing, I didn't tell anybody," Nabors said. "I'm very happy that I've had a partner of 38 years and I feel very blessed. And, what can …
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-