The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
You Phoenix people... How do you put up with those dust storms? I am aware of at least two this summer. Maybe more? I've seen what volcanic ash has done to homes, cars, planes, etc. It is impossible to keep from penetrating everywhere no matter the precautions. I suspect dust in dust storms is pretty much the same. This is bad enough on the locust cycle -- seventeen years or so -- but yearly and worse twice in one summer a few weeks apart. EGAD!! How do you do it?
-
A new survey says that just over 7% of men who watched bareback porn were led to have unprotected sex by watching it. What was more shocking to me was that 25% of respondents had videotaped themselves having sex, and half of them had uploaded it to the internet.
-
- 8 replies
- 925 views
- 1 follower
-
-
U.S. Army has it's first openly gay general http://lat.ms/R2oVRN
-
a great, heartwarming story.. http://www.azcentral.com/news/azliving/articles/20120726gay-dads-kids-family.html
-
This is an amazing video of an under boat camera that caught a pod of white sided dolphins following a tuna fishing boat. Breathtaking.
-
- 1 reply
- 522 views
-
-
-
I can't remember if I have posted this before or not. Even if i have, it is worth re-visiting.. Take Care of the Things that Really Matter When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the golf balls and two glasses of wine. A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed it was. The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into …
-
With July now on record as the hottest July ever, I wonder where folks here have set their thermostats. My electric bill is so high that I have raised it to 77. When we moved here, we kept it at 72. Each year it went a bit higher as the electric bills came in. Strange thing is, I adjust to each rise in the number. I never thought I could live with 77. (In the winter, I go down to 69.) So where is yours? Do you pay much for the electric?
-
Please, please, please take a look at the vdo in the first post in this new thread on GB's site. The boy is truly amazing - and his skills are awesome. http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4333#p42852
-
- 31 replies
- 4.4k views
-
-
8 is a number for good luck with the Chinese, but 8-8 has been an odd day for me. I got a call from my bank, wanting to know if I had gone on a shopping spree this morning in New Jersey. Lord & Taylor, The Gap, and another store. Well, of course I was right here in California. But, the thieves had my credit card, which was odd since I had it too. Turns out it was a counterfeit card. So, it's not enough to worry about getting your card stolen anymore. But, I was very impressed on how fast the bank got involved. But it didn't end there. I got home and had an Itunes receipt for 699.00 for an Apple "Postcard." That's something I have never heard of. The receipt said …
-
- 14 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
- 7 replies
- 1.3k views
-
Besides admitting that he peed in the Olympic pool: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/london_2012_olympics/swimmer_lochte_admits_to_urinating_bDOXcK7CYb71QwkE8Y4iYM He doesn't look to smart in these interview segments featured at SFGate.com: http://blog.sfgate.com/olympics/2012/08/02/ryan-lochte-great-swimmer-terrible-interview/ But, his mom is making a little mistake in interviews herself. With two daughters, you would think she wouldn't brag that her son only has one night stands! But, she is now wishing she hadn't said that.
-
Good news, Romney shows how out of touch he is with America in his choice of Paul Ryan as his running mate. Paul (okay he does get an "A" from the NRA) is another big supporter of taxing the poor while reducing taxes on the rich. He has twice came up with plans that lower the tax on the rich, gut medicare and social security, and advocates for a federal value added tax of 8.5%, all of which would put the majority of the tax burden on poorer Americans. Oddly enough one plan even failed to make it out of committee, and the other was voted down with 38 republicans joining to defeat it. He is young and smart, but a total right wing tickle down republican. Obama has been …
-
- 0 replies
- 825 views
-
-
It took only one serious sicko to bring the Sikh religion and culture into the mainstream media. Known mostly by the turbans that the men wear, Sikhs are often confused with Hindus and Muslims, but more often are thought to be terrorists, easily identified by the turban. The turban itself is a source of controversy, as airport insecurity officers insist on hand checking a man's turban as he attempts to enter an airport. A New York politician is trying to get police to hire Sikh men as officers, but still allow the turban and the beard which Sikh men commonly wear. Sikh men also carry a kirpan, which is essentially a small sword, but more ceremonial in nature. Airport i…
-
- 2 replies
- 719 views
-
-
I thought this was a great article and it reflects my views as well. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michelangelo-signorile/gay-child-free-and-happy_b_1763975.html
-
- 1 reply
- 701 views
-
The bf is watching a Chinese television show called Suspects in Love.One of the actors, Him Law, rocks my boat. So I composed a thread about him, including the gay tv show he did, and the gay play he acted in. (He was also photographed nude in what became a huge scandal wherein a wealthy businessman had thousands of pix of naked actors and police officers.) I included three nice photos of Him Law, yet each time I went to post, I got the message that this photo is not allowed in this community! What? They were all jpeg photos, the kind I post all of the time. UPDATE: Now you get to see him, because this photo obviously was okay!) My thread included a story wherein the …
-
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
-
-
-
A shockingly cruel letter sent from a father to his just-out gay son has gone viral, beginning with a Facebook post from LGBT ally wrestler Hudson Taylor. It has now spread to numerous LGBT sites including HuffPost's Gay Voices, Towleroad, Pink News, The New Civil Rights Movement, Truth Wins Out. It is, as Truth Wins Out's John M. Becker says, "a stark reminder of why the fight for LGBT equality and against religious extremism is so critical."
-
- 5 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Not sure if you all of heard the news. But hotmail is going to be no more. Over 300 million users will be switched to the new outlook.com email service from Microsoft. Will you stick with them if using hotmail?
-
- 10 replies
- 993 views
- 1 follower
-
-
This is a highly visual treat with a very moving storyline without dialog, and an excellent score by Vincent Lee. This brave little man's skills (played by Justen Beer) are shown progressively, with the last as the best. This is what motivates us to be the greatest we can be, thrust from the pains, pangs and angst of childhood. I could watch the last 90 seconds over and over and over again and never stop crying. Bravo, JuBaFilms! http://www.jubafilms.com This short film has garnered over half-a-million hits in less than a week. http://youtu.be/mBZAFJ-Q6Mw
-
- 2 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Adults who do not have HIV but are at risk of getting the disease will now be able to take a drug to reduce their chance of getting infected. For the first time, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved a drug for this use on Monday. The drug is Truvada, an antiretroviral medication made by Gilead Sciences, Inc., which was already approved by the FDA in 2004 to help control HIV infection. Truvada is a combination of two HIV medications - emtricitabine (Emtriva) and tenofovir (Viread) - into one pill that is taken once a day. As a treatment for HIV, it is always used in combination with other HIV drugs. Recent studiesshowed pre-exposure prophylaxis or PrEP can re…
-
- 6 replies
- 916 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Well some of my postings haven't been as popular as I had hoped SO I have (because I'm creatively gifted) come up with a way to make sure people enjoy my posts. I have 4 forum topics that I was thinking of posting..you pick and decide which one I should post. The one that gets the most votes wins! Should it be... a. It's worth a MILLION dollars in Heaven b. I Kan Spell c. He smoked them d. College update or e. none of the above