Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Very sad, news. Director Tony Scott apparently committed suicide last night by jumping off an L.A. bridge. The younger brother ofRidley, Tony Scott scored a number of number of movie hits, including Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop 2 and most recentlyUnstoppable in 2010. In recent years Scott had ventured into TV producing (He was an EP on The Good Wife.) He apparently has been suffering from inoperable brain cancer in his later years.

    • 5 replies
    • 673 views
  2. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I guess at age 30 when you break up with your billionaire boyfriend, you go become a trainer at a gym called Equinox in Santa Monica. . .ask for Jeremy Lingvall

    • 3 replies
    • 727 views
  3. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Brian Moylan explains how Grindr isn't just for sex, showing examples of how it can be used for anything from buying furniture to finding a neighbor to save you when you lock yourself on the roof of your apartment building. Amusingly, New Left Media's Chase Whiteside posted a screenshot of his Grindr Saturday asking for a jump start.

    • 4 replies
    • 751 views
  4. Started by Lucky,

    The ex-boy toy of Calvin Klein was sharply dressed as he plead guilty today to charges of drug possession. Nick Gruber appeared in Manhattan Criminal Court for the plea, whereupon he was given a discharge conditioned upon performance of community service. No word on his participation in the new boytoy.com website. Has he gone straight? Find out more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/calvin_klein_former_boy_toy_accompanied_vG1ueSdubl7hlI295t5uFO

    • 4 replies
    • 809 views
  5. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    It’s been said before on this Board and I’m sure a huge number of other sites and publications, the gun laws in the USA are centuries out of date and should be updated in line with the reality of modern day society. Yes, I know I am not an American citizen and some will say I have no right to comment on US affairs. Fine. But then explain away yet another massacre of innocent civilians by some crazy lunatic! By coincidence, I had just returned from seeing the Batman movie at the iMax Theatre in Paragon when I heard about the deaths in Aurora. This nut case was not merely intent on killing in the theatre. His home, it seems, was booby-trapped to the hilt to take out nei…

  6. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I have always loved watching the Olympics, but mostly for just a few sports. This year, rather surprisingly, I have found myself getting interested in a lot more – events like those at the velodrome and taekwondo, for example. Some still leave me cold, though. Each year the Olympic Committee meets to decide which sports to drop and which to allow in for the next Games. Those for the chop, in my book, would include many of the horse-related events. In the modern world, what relevance is there in having three-day eventing and dressage, for example? How many around the world actually participate in such events, compared to those involved in the other sports? Then, I …

  7. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    • 0 replies
    • 523 views
  8. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Have we got any thoughts on Russian Pavel Patel?

    • 0 replies
    • 466 views
  9. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Putin's heavy hand has come down not only on the Pussy Riot members who have today been jailed for two years. Now Moscow's top court has seen fit to ban gay pride marches in the city, not just for a few years - but for all of the next 100 years! http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-19293465 Russia's best-known gay rights campaigner, Nikolay Alexeyev, said he would go back to the European Court of Justice for recognition that such a ban is unjust.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.8k views
  10. Started by AdamSmith,

    Guardian's coverage of the Pussy Riot business is invaluable. http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/sdTTPxZwmFHgPSkOd_cicLg/view.m?id=15&gid=music/2012/aug/17/pussy-riot-trial-verdict-live&cat=most-read

    • 0 replies
    • 620 views
  11. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Our lovely Darren Criss is playing "Robin" in the Halloween episode of "GLEE" this year. Isn't this so cute?

    • 1 reply
    • 546 views
  12. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Now that made me laugh. . .

    • 0 replies
    • 469 views
  13. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    I have a question that I'd like some enlightened answers on. I asked a few people about this but I get varied answers. Let's say that you won the lottery...we'll say 75 million. Now OUR state says that you have to release your name (I believe over a certain amount). Anyway what do you do.. I've always heard how people (depending on how much they win) have to relocate them and their families. Sometimes people from their family are kidnapped and held for ransom. Some people are robbed repeatedly. Then we talk about banks and you can't keep all that money in one bank, could you? Then what if you hired a lawyer and what if the lawyer was crooked and you went broke in a few …

  14. This is only one of the nuts we are up against! This guy needs a fuck in the ass more than any politician I have seen recently. http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/28/michigan.justice.blog/index.html?hpt=C1

  15. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Surprise!

    • 1 reply
    • 538 views
  16. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    And I'm not talking from your porn collection. I was watching "Star Trek: First Contact" today on HBO2 for probably the 20th time and I was thinking what draws me to watch this movie over and over again. There are a few movies that I love watching over and over again. "Air Force One", "Star Trek" (the latest one), "Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country", and "Avatar" are just a few that I love watching over and over again. I may have seen each of the above maybe 20 times each. Is that crazy? Do you have any movies you like to watch over and over again?

    • 18 replies
    • 1.3k views
  17. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Anyone watching the new series featuring Gordon Ramsey? I just watched the first episode and found it entertaining. It features a gay couple who own a Inn in Mew England, I believe. Check it out if for no other reason than to witness a TV show that does not use the gay couple as some sort of token or equal rights filler.

  18. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Just saw on the E news, Ryan Lochte is featured on this week's Fashion Police with Joan Rivers. He does a strip tease on the show, supposedly.. The clip showed him taking off his jacket, then with his pants undone.. hopefully they will show him sans pants.. Stay tuned for 10pm Friday.. Here he is with Joan, taking a pee break in a fountain.. http://www.eonline.c...-break-together

    • 10 replies
    • 960 views
  19. Started by AdamSmith,

    Finally the MSM offers a reasoned, non-horrified, realistic, even tacitly approving and enjoying story about sex. The world may at last be changing for the better. Or at least growing up. http://us.cnn.com/2012/08/08/sport/olympics-village-sex-party-athletes/index.html?c=&page=1

    • 1 reply
    • 757 views
  20. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Now this is a funny one. . .

    • 1 reply
    • 439 views
  21. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I wonder if he used to be a go go boy?

    • 0 replies
    • 526 views
  22. Started by Lucky,

    Will his relationship of three years endure after photos of boyfriend kissing another man surface? Stay tuned for Anderson Jilted, a new reality show on CNN.

  23. Guest DarnTop82
    Started by Guest DarnTop82,

    Anyone seen RockHard?

  24. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Someone posted this on Facebook today. I thought it was hilarious.

  25. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    It's Tim Tebow's 25th birthday, and below you can see him in a hilarious pose from next month's GQ. Either he's completely clueless, or I have to give him credit for self-parody.

    • 9 replies
    • 901 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.