The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Old Navy has a couple of back to school ads featuring the cast of Beverly Hills, 90210. In this one, Jenny Garth still can't choose between Brandon and Dylan. Me, I was always Team Brandon. He looked like a good cuddler. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYQ0yxwYqG4
-
-
Aleppo is daily in the news. It is one of the oldest inhabited cities in civilisation and featured heavily in the Crusades. In what play or plays does Shakespeare mention Aleppo? No cheating, please
-
- 24 replies
- 4.1k views
-
-
-
Now that would be an attention getter. . .
-
If I woke up to Hunter each day, I don't think I'd ever get out of bed! I love his new video!
-
- 2 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Are you surprised? http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/06/23/us-usa-healthcare-last-idUSTRE65M0SU20100623
-
If I woke up to Hunter each day, I don't think I'd ever get out of bed! I love his new video!
-
- 4 replies
- 842 views
- 1 follower
-
-
What a group of hotties. . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3da8Bu3lvA
-
- 1 reply
- 529 views
-
-
Jack Fertig, a San Francisco astrologer who went on to fame as a member of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, Sister boom Boom, has died at the age of 57. Liver cancer is given as the cause. The Sisters were a colorful if not uncontroversial group who became part of the scenery in San Francisco during the AIDS crisis worst moments. "Mr. Fertig joined the Sisters not long after they were formed in 1979 and soon became the group's public face. He wore stiletto heels, foam breasts and a fake nun's habit. His name appeared in Herb Caen's Chronicle column regularly, and he was often seen on television. He performed an "exorcism" in Union Square during the 1984 Democratic c…
-
- 1 reply
- 789 views
-
-
About 30 earthquakes strike in SoCal in sequence over the last 24 hours. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/08/earthquakes-strike-in-southern-california-sequence.html
-
Judith Crist one of America’s most widely read film critics for more than three decades and a provocative presence in millions of homes as a regular reviewer on the “Today” show, died Tuesday at her home in Manhattan. She was 90. Her death was confirmed by her son, Steven. Ms. Crist came to prominence when film was breaking with the conventions of the Hollywood studio era while experiencing a resurgence in popularity. She championed a new generation of American directors like Steven Spielberg and Woody Allen and new actors like Robert De Niro and Faye Dunaway. Her commentary had many homes: The New York Herald Tribune, where she was the first woman to be made a full-ti…
-
- 1 reply
- 557 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Sebastian Stan, the gay character on USA Network's "Political Animals" takes a bath in whiskey. . .
-
Hmmm Steve Wozniak predicts there will me major problems with Cloud computing. Also, notes we no longer might own our content. ------ During an on-stage discussion with Apple (AAPL) critic Mike Daisey, the Cupertino-based company’s co-founder Steve Wozniak expressed major concerns about the future of computing and the shift to the cloud, Agence France-Presse reported. “I really worry about everything going to the cloud. I think it’s going to be horrendous. I think there are going to be a lot of horrible problems in the next five years,” Wozniak said, adding that “with the cloud, you don’t own anything. You already signed it away” through the terms of service all cloud c…
- 13 replies
- 2k views
-
We've lost a very talented man too early. He died in Los Angeles after a brief illness according to his family. He was 68. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57488031-10391698/composer-marvin-hamlisch-dead-at-68/
-
- 2 replies
- 678 views
-
-
This is NASA back to being at its finest. The sometimes under-sung Jet Propulsion Laboratory too. http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/04/us/mars-rover-scott-maxwell/index.html?c=weekend-homepage-t
- 9 replies
- 1.3k views
-
Oscar Pistorius from South Africa is a total inspiration. And he came in second today in qualifications. I can't believe how positive he is and how well he does everything. It kind of makes our issues seem trivial.
-
Amusing & illuminating bit from The Guardian... http://m.guardian.co.uk/ms/p/gnm/op/sudIx8UvmA8z5iLRAfqL-dQ/view.m?id=15&gid=commentisfree/2012/aug/07/pubic-hair-has-job-stop-shaving&cat=most-read Must say I agree.
-
- 6 replies
- 965 views
-
-
Should he be lookin for a new role in life? Nicholas Delpopolo has been disqualified at the Olympics after a positive result for marijuana. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-2184436/Nicholas-Delpopolo-disqualified-London-Olympics-failed-drugs-test.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
-
- 6 replies
- 926 views
-
-
I had a friend from my childhood read all my posts about gay marriage and sent me this: "If there is a redefinition of marriage, where do you think the line should be drawn? Should Mormons be allowed to have more than one spouse? Should 1st cousins be allowed to marry each other? I know how you feel about gay marriage and you all know that I love and respect each of you. How you live your life is your own business. I was just curious what your thoughts were on the other spectrum's." How would you respond in a way as not to offend?
-
- 4 replies
- 874 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Personally I thought Firefox would eventually overtake IE but it turns out Chrome has. FOr the last reporting period Chrome users equaled 34% of all page views while IE users accounted for 32%. Are you using Chrome? If so how do you like it?
-
- 4 replies
- 826 views
- 1 follower
-
-
One of the most accomplished art critics And scholars passed away. Originally from Australia, lived most of his life between NY and London. Anyone interested in understand art from the impressionists to Wharhol and Scnabel should pick a copy of "The Shock of the New", among his many books on the subject. Only 74, we sure will miss you. R.I.P.
-
- 0 replies
- 641 views
-
-
Singer sings: There was a farmer had a dog and BINGO was his NAME-O B I N G O *sound of car approaching interrupts song* ARF! ARF! *Bingo Chases after car* "Bill, LOOK OUT for that dog in the road!" *Car screeches* WHOMP! *Car speeds off* Singer walks away saying, "Never mind..." gcursor
-
When I told my sister that a used copy of a book she really wanted was available through Amazon, she asked me "Who sells a book for a nickel?" Apparently, lots of people. Amazon has helped the used book seller flourish, and selling books for as low as a nickel indeed. Take this one example: I bought a book through the Amazon marketplace for a nickel. It is supposed to be in "very good" condition. Now, I have yet to receive it, but in the past only one order failed, and for that I got a quick refund. The catch is that there is an additional charge of $3.00 for postage and handling. Even if only one dollar of that goes to handling, this used book dealer is raking in the …
-
- 4 replies
- 807 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am sure most of you are on facebook, twitter or some other social media site. If you are, you most likely see lots of images with photos and words and motivational sayings. I get them all the time. Some I just love. I hope that many of you will post some of your favorites here. Post as many as you like but try to limit to one or two per day. Here is mine for the day.
- 19 replies
- 2.1k views
- 1 follower