The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
http://www.flirt4fre...tm_content=exm5
-
- 3 replies
- 724 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Do you think he is nuts or acting nuts for the cameras? I'm on the fence. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2177881/James-Holmes-Families-The-Jokers-victims-death-penalty-watch-killers-bizarre-court-appearance.html?ITO=1490
-
The Wall Street Journal, the Rupert Murdoch-owned financial newspaper, is generally considered quite conservative, which means that its readers might be among the legions of folks who oppose gay marriage. So, it was a surprise when I saw a picture in an article about cell phones. Two men looked pretty cozy. Closer inspection revealed that they were married- to each other- and slept together! This, in the Wall Street Journal? Times are indeed changing! From the online Journal: (I couldn't get rid of the white space.) For the fashion-conscious, sleek iPhone and Samsung phones are unlikely to raise eyebrows the way the often-bulky BlackBerry does. Stephen Matyasfalvi B…
-
- 5 replies
- 950 views
-
-
"Dracula" is coming to NBC in the form of hottie Jonathan Rhys Meyers. The network has ordered a 10-episode series starring the "Tudors" veteran. The series picks up with Dracula arriving in London, posing as an American entrepreneur. Dracula's front? He pretends to want to bring modern science to the Victorian society, but his real intentions are revenge on the people who wronged him centuries ago. However, it's not all rage and death because Dracula falls in love with a woman who appears to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.
-
R.I.P. Chad Everett of "Medical Center" fame. He died this evening at 75 of lung cancer.
-
There was a time, which now seems quite long ago, when I had bulges where my biceps are. Now the only bulge is in my belly. My fitness days are long over, so now scientists reveal the truth about all of those body building supplements They are junk! The NY Times reports in its Science section today that a recent survey of performance-enhancing claims for dozens of fitness products show that the claims these products make have not been thoroughly evaluated, and the few that have "appear to have no effect on strength, endurance, speed or reduced muscle fatigue." I remember that the gyms I went to would sell drinks to help you recover from the workout. Other "sports drinks…
-
- 4 replies
- 993 views
-
-
As usually happens when "the neighbor turn off the lights", we will have a few newer people stop in for their daily dose of conversation, gossip and interaction. Let's all put our best foot forward to show them what we are all about over here at MER so hopefully some of them will stick around for awhile.. Over here, we love interesting conversations, but without the personal attacks and name-callings. pics/photos showing erections and penetration new people to join in the discussions and to start new discussions Feel free to add anything to this list as you see fit.. Just remember, more interaction means more fun for everyone..
-
- 3 replies
- 678 views
-
-
Sally Ride -- the first American woman to enter space -- died today in California after a 17-month battle with pancreatic cancer. Sally's company, Sally Ride Science, made the announcement. Sally was 61. Ride joined NASA in 1978, and in 1983 became the first American woman to enter space. At the time, she was also the youngest American to enter space at age 32. In 1987, Sally left NASA to work at Stanford's Center for International Security and Arms Control. What I didn't know but has also been reported today is that she had been in a 17 year lesbian relationship. R.I.P.
-
- 6 replies
- 940 views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
- 2 replies
- 796 views
-
-
My doesn't he look hot today arriving at LAX
-
- 8 replies
- 954 views
-
-
Early this morning, Hong Kong was struck by its most ferocious typhoon for 13 years. To put that into perspective, like earthquakes in Taiwan and Japan and volcanic eruptions in Indonesia, typhoons in Hong Kong are part of everyday life (as they are in Taiwan and the Philippines). The number hitting or getting close to the city during the May to October typhoon season may vary each year, but it is usually in or close to double figures. A force 10 typhoon is almost exactly similar to a force 5 hurricane in the Caribbean, and hurricanes hitting the Caribbean and the US are almost as common as typhoons in Hong Kong. Yet when a force 10 hits Hong Kong, there are rarely an…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
-
-
It's hard to understand the action taken by the NCAA in response to molestations by a football coach at Penn State: From the NY Times: The N.C.A.A. announced significant penalties against Penn State and its football program Monday, including a $60 million fine and a four-year postseason ban, in the wake of the child sexual abuse scandal involving the former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky. The N.C.A.A. stopped short of shutting down Penn State’s program, but officials insisted that the breadth and significance of the penalties were nearly as debilitating. It is expected to be almost a decade before Penn State will be in a position to attempt to regain its place as one o…
-
The mother of Michael is possibly missing. With all things Jackson there seems to be a lot of drama around her possible disappearance ...even putting Paris and her uncle Randy against each other. Details are here http://www.huffingto...ref=mostpopular
-
- 10 replies
- 981 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Now why, oh why, in this era of Internet porn etc. etc., would anyone get themselves into this fix? http://m.miamiherald.com/mh/db_274907/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=kLiHeRDI ...yes, answer must be sadly evident.
-
- 8 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
Now use this the next time you need to teach your children about sex. . .
-
-
Do you still have a land line in your home? A recent survey shows that 46% of people under the age of 40 no longer have a land line. I'm not under 40 but I did away with my landline 2 years ago. I thought I would miss it but I haven't at all. The only time I miss it is when I need to fax something which is very rare anymore. But I keep getting weekly and sometimes daily calls from my internet provider trying to get me to get a home phone that I can "save $10 a month" if I do. I keep reminding them that I no longer have a land line so adding one would force me to spend MORE money each month and that they need to desperately change their ads that are so dated anymore.…
-
- 14 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
LESSON: DON'T PISS OFF BARBARA WALTERS !!!!!! (This was hilarious to watch in real time today)] http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/19/barbara-walters-george-zimmerman-interivew-demands_n_1685668.html
- 5 replies
- 880 views
-
OK this was created to be able to have digital handshakes from a distance. But I can also see many other uses for this technology. . .
-
Not sure what is going on here accept .. I do know the photo was taken in the San Fernando Valley (California).
-
Figures from TAT-just released on to be found on about any newspapersite and thaivisa etc. For 1st half year 2012 nr of tourist arrivals was just over 10 million. For about as long as these lists are made, the Malays top the bill. But now the Chinese (mainland) have overtaken them by a tiny marginboth are just over 1 million. Russians well over 600.000-UK around 500.000 and DE=Germany 450.000-all rounded. I guess Japanese should be over the Russky, but have omitted to look at that. As per head of population still Malays are the most frequent visitors, from Europe/western world probably the Ozzies (Ausstralian) but most likely the Swedes (this is the nr of visits per pe…
-
As an appropriate follow-on from the Momentous Impressions thread, CNN have come up with 27 "must see places before you die". Like most lists of this nature there are a few idiosyncractic choices along with the usual shoe-ins. See what you think: Topping the list is Borobudur at sunrise in Java, Indonesia, with a 'starling murmuration' at Brighton's derelict West Pier a close second. Third is the Northern Lights in Scandinavia, followed closely by the great migration in East Africa. The fifth and six spot is filled by the star-filled sky, in New Zealand and the Torres del Paine in Chile. Morocco's Djemaa el Fna is in seventh place and California's Yo…
-
Koko mentioned Roswell in passing in one of his posts on the Spellbound thread. Well, dare I say it, but Roswell's back in the news! You'll either sit bolt upright in your seat or stifle a yawn. It's that kind of thing . . . Roswell UFO Was Not Of This Earth And There Were ET Cadavers: Ex-CIA Agent Says Read more, if you're interested, at: http://www.huffingto..._ref=weird-news
-
- 5 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-