Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by Rogie,

    Looking for a safe haven? South-east Asia could fit the bill Jim Rogers, co-founder of the Quantum Fund with George Soros and the entertaining author of a couple of On the Road-style investment books, understands the power of a headline. http://www.telegraph...t-the-bill.html

    • 4 replies
    • 3.3k views
  2. Well, its just right around the corner. The return and New Season of DWTS. But heres the twist, for the first time they are bringing back former contestants and winners for an ALLstars season. Kicking off the line-up are former champs Drew Lachey (Season 2), Emmitt Smith (Season 3), Brazilian Helio Castroneves (Season 5) and soap star Kelly Monaco (Season 1). Since the Olympics are on everyone's brain, former Apolo Ohno (Season 4) and Shawn Johnson (Season 8) will also be coming back.. But probably the biggest names to rejoin the dancing fold are also some of the most controversial. Pamela Anderson (Season 10), Bristol Palin (Season 11), and Kirstie Alley (Season 1…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJdlK4aJTE8

  4. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    You gotta love John Barrowman. . .

  5. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This is a beautiful shot from the opening ceremonies in London.

  6. Started by Rogie,

    Oxford University changes dress code to meet needs of transgender students ______________________________________________________________ RE: use of the term LGBTQ Some of the issues surrounding the word queer were discussed in the Are You Queer? thread recently. I can understand some homosexuals using queer to describe themselves or applying it to a kind of homosexual lifestyle or academic study - they are free to do that if that's what they prefer. However, I have always imagined a person describing him or herself as queer is either a gay or a lesbian. Now it seems that is not necessarily so. So who are these queers who wish to differentiate themselv…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  7. Started by TotallyOz,

    Ace Of Cakes (FOOD) Ending after ten seasons, final episode on 2/10/2011 All My Children (ABC) Ending after forty-one seasons, final episode on 9/??/2011 America's Next Great Restaurant (NBC) Ending after one season, final episode on 5/1/2011 Better With You (ABC) Ending after one season, final episode on 5/11/2011 Big Love (HBO) Ending after five seasons, final episode on 3/20/2011 Breaking In (FOX) Ending after one season, final episode on 5/18/2011 Brothers & Sisters (ABC) Ending after five seasons, final episode on 5/8/2011 The Cape (NBC) Ending after one season, final episode on 2/28/2011 Caprica (Syfy) Ending after one season, final episode on 1…

  8. Shock comic Dane Cook has worked the Colorado Movie Theatre Massacre into his standup act … Thursday night at the Laugh Factory in El Lay, the "funny" fella told the audience: "So I heard that the guy came into the theater about 25 minutes into the movie, and I don’t know if you’ve seen the movie, but the movie is pretty much a piece of crap. . He went on to say: “I know that if none of that would have happened, pretty sure that somebody in that theater, about 25 minutes in, realizing it was a piece of crap, was probably like ‘ugh f*cking shoot me.’” The premise of the joke is that they would have asked to be shot, but instead 71 people DID NOT GET A CHOICE!!!…

    • 2 replies
    • 802 views
  9. Read all about it here... http://finance.yahoo.com/news/survey-one-11-employers-plan-194200262.html

    • 1 reply
    • 697 views
  10. Started by AdamSmith,

    1. Hotel food. 2. Unintended acceleration. 3. Anything with Ben Affleck in it. Next? (...with props of course to Lurker's vastly successful long-running thread Over There!)

  11. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    • 2 replies
    • 779 views
  12. Capitalistic societies have evolved to believe in disposable goods. The idea is to make things cheaper to buy than to repair and possibly to keep up. The problem is that this makes for 'cheap' goods in more ways than one. We live in a world of ticky-tacky appliances, electronics, furniture, even housing. How do you know when something is ticky-tacky? When you are told "no one around who repairs those anymore", "the Manufacturer is out of parts", "it'll cost you more to fix than to replace"... etc. I digress... I mention this because of the opening of the Olympics in London yesterday? Is that ticky-tacky? Probably not. Neither was the Olympic venue in China the last go-a…

    • 0 replies
    • 653 views
  13. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I have no words (yet). . .

    • 3 replies
    • 686 views
  14. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Samsung has turned in a 48% rise in profits for the last quarter, largely on the basis of its smart phones. Samsung is estimated to have sold nearly twice as many smart phones as the iPhone. More profits rises are forecast for the 3rd quarter before Apple unveils its latest iPhone model. http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/jul/27/samsung-galaxy-phones-rise-profit

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
  15. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I have seen this guy twice on AGT. I have no clue how he is doing this if the judges are to be believed ... and I believe them. You should watch in order. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4hvq-MALHo

    • 0 replies
    • 495 views
  16. Started by Lucky,

    China will not reveal the name of its flag bearer for the Opening games in London, but one official says he will be "tall, handsome, and influential." Speculation has thus centered on Liu Xiang, a gold medal winner in hurdles. Another possible name is swimmer Sun Yang

    • 1 reply
    • 804 views
  17. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I'm loving this season of Teen Wolf. It is a very gay friendly show. This last week showed the two main characters following the lizard/snake thing into a gay club who was after the gay character Daniel. Here is Stiles looking very very comfortable in this gay club I must say. . .

  18. I am testing the new version of Apple Mountain Lion today. I am not typing this message on my keyboard. I am using the new dictation that Apple has created as part of the new operating system. So far it has worked like a charm. I will say that it has been very easy to learn. I also really like the reminders that are built into the system. As always, Apple once again has made sure that the users experience is satisfied. Has anyone else already downloaded the newest version to Apple OS 10 Mountain Lion? If so, what do you think? Do you like the way everything integrates with your other Apple devices like the iPhone or the iPad?

  19. Started by Lucky,

    We know that threads about the Daddy's Reviews website get much participation. As Totally Oz encourages us to focus elsewhere, and rightly so, I think, it leads to the question of why you post here if it is not to speak about another website. For me, the reason is that I like the interaction, I like the things I learn, I like to provoke and be provoked, and I like the eroticism of the pictures and the stories about time spent with escorts. Fights are not of particular interest to me, although I don't shy from one if needed. It seems that most boards end up with some negative interaction. And the fact is that the more participants, the more fun I get out of it. So, it is…

  20. Calvin Klein's former boy toy has been keeping busy hasn't he? http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2012/07/what-calvin-kleins-former-porn-star-boy-toy-spotted-kissing-woman-post-rehab/

  21. Started by Lucky,

    Sherman Hemsley, the actor who played George Jefferson on the popular TV series The Jeffersons, died in El Paso, Texas, today. Hemsley originated the character of George on the Archie Bunker show, All in The Family in 1973. His wife, Luoise, and son, Lionel, were so popular with audiences that they were given their own spinoff, The Jeffersons, and an address, 185 East 85th Street, in Manhattan's Upper East Side. The show's theme song, Moving On Up, reflected their rise in status from a home in Queens to the elegant East Side. Other popular characters on the show were neighbor Tom Willis, and maid Florence. Hemsley was 74.

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  22. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Did I sleep through the final results announcement for the last contest? I remember that Expat won one of the prizes, but what about the other winners? Inquiring minds want to know..

  23. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Cyrus Spencer, 22, Atlanta, GA Already eliminated-- Nick Bloxsom-Carter, 20, Oak Park CA Already eliminated- Daniel Baker, 24, Newcastle, Australia Dareian Kujawa, 20, Minneapolis, MN Already eliminated- Brandon Mitchell, 27, Kansas City, KS Cole Horibe, 26, Honolulu, HI Matthew Kazmierczak, 21, Peoria, AZ George Lawrence II, 19, Atlanta, GA Will Thomas, 19, Troy, MI Chehon Wespi-Tschopp, 23, Zurich, Switzerland

  24. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Just reported on TMZ, photos of Casper Smart going into a NYC peepshow arcade... Maybe there is truth to the gay rumors?????

  25. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    I found it pretty interesting that so far for today, out of the top 20 posters, 8 have only been registered on this board since 2011 or 2012. FRESH MEAT ! ! ! ! I think I speak for everyone here when I say, we appreciate your participation and welcome you to our own little Wisteria Lane. If there is anything we can do to make you feel more at home and to extend your stay with us, please speak up.. *snide comment ahead* Unlike some places, we welcome new blood and look forward to your input and comments.. MER's Pollyanna, aka Lurkerspeaks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.