The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Looking forward to Batman this weekend? I usually wait a week before I see big blockbusters. Who knows, but the critics seem to like it so far.
-
I recently received a very official looking email from the Social Security Administration/USA advising me of loss of benefits, etc, if I did not complete the attached form with all relevant personal info. Of course it was a scam but something likely that might fool some older persons or rather older fools. But the amusing and reassuring part was it did have the endorsement of the President of the United States, Franklin D. Roosevelt. For those not familiar with Mr. Roosevelt he was President at the time of inception of Social Security in 1935.
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Just started watching the new season (8) of Weeds. It's more fucked up than ever. I love it. However, I had to fix a cocktail halfway through. Then it all made sense..
-
- 4 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
One thing I always hate in Thailand is being charged an additional 2.5 or 3.0 percent for using a credit / debit card as opposed to paying cash. If I read this settlement right, it may mean that USA merchants will have the opportunity to do this as well. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/14/business/mastercard-and-visa-settle-antitrust-suit.html?hp
-
- 3 replies
- 804 views
- 1 follower
-
-
A poster the other day wondered if Axiom read the boards with one hand in his lap, or something to that effect. He seems to take such joy in the men pictured here that I admire him for it. There is never any doubt on what Axiom thinks of a pic! Some examples just from the last few days: I very definitely want this yum, yum,yummmmmmy guy! He's stunning as well as enticing! ...a beautiful cock that deserves one on his knees who knows how to inflame with his mouth and tongue! ...sumptuous, succulent, deliriously delicious, yummy, yummy and yearning for my hot mouth and tongue. I'd love to "dive into" all three with my tongue and mouth! FUCK, I am "horny…
-
- 8 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
I was always in love with with the swimmers and divers at the Olympics. I am sure my family wondered when I was a wee lad why I liked the summer games when no other sports got any enthusiasm from me. The simple truth is skin. I loved the skin on the swimmers and the divers. I love watching the runners in their skin tight shorts. I loved the Olympics. As the time of the year is approaching, here is a photo I saw today that reminded me of the swimmers.
-
- 0 replies
- 660 views
- 1 follower
-
-
James and Daniel are twins. What sets them apart is that one is white and one is black – and the differences don't end there, as Joanna Moorhead discovers http://www.guardian....P=FBCNETTXT9038 Great story above! Read it if you have time.
-
- 5 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The latest bank to come under the scrutiny of the UK parliament has been Barclays. Both the Chairman and the Chief Executive, Bob Diamond, resigned last week amid a raft of allegations about the fixing of the Libor rate. The London Inter-Bank Lending Rate is one of the most cruclal interest rates in the world of finance and underpins trillions of pounds in loans and financial contracts. According to the BBC – http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-18671255 And it went a lot further when Barclay’s made false submissions to the FSA, all to bolster the bank’s credit quality and ability to raise funds. Last month, the bank was fined £59.5 million in the UK and a furth…
-
- 8 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
-
My friend Yony who I have posted many a picture of has opened his own male entertainment business called KCL Entertainment and his boys are hired out for private parties and for clubs. They are performing this Friday per this poster. . .
-
- 1 reply
- 580 views
-
-
I took this picture today while driving to the gym. Who puts these things on their SUV/Truck?
-
- 7 replies
- 865 views
-
-
Talk about an unusual problem. Jonah Falcon, the man with the world's largest penis, had a bit of trouble getting his giant cock through security on his way home to New York this weekend leaving San Francisco. As he passed through airport security, Falcon said a younger security guard felt threatened by his "very noticeable" package -- and interpreted it as a biological threat. "I said, 'It's my d!ck,'" Falcon said. "He gave me a pat down but made sure to go around [my penis] with his hands. They even put some powder on my pants, probably a test for explosives. I found it amusing." Falcon who has turned down multiple offer from porn companies said that next time he fl…
-
- 6 replies
- 2.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
George Michael finally is releasing new music and it's awful (IMO). . .oh well nice trying.
-
- 2 replies
- 578 views
-
-
I am so happy today. I went into the depths of my clothes closet (had to put the word "clothes" in the sentence to avoid confusion) and found that I am once again fitting into some old jeans that I haven't worn in ages. Since late March when an unexpected medical scare caused me to get serious about weight loss and eating healthy, I am now down 5-6 inches in my waist. Since I didnt have a personal scale then, and no two scales weigh the same, i am not sure of the exact weight loss, but I believe it to be around 25-30 lbs. I still have not started doing any more exercise, so it is all food related.. I am not a stickler, but I try to keep it below 2000 calories per da…
-
- 11 replies
- 986 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just musing with a friend this afternoon about those times in our lives which we regard as the most momentous. Not on a personal level – so, no first-time falling in love, meeting the long-term bf, landing that perfect job and so on. More external events, which affected our lives and which we will always remember. Of course, those of us who were alive then will almost certainly remember where we were on the day JFK was assassinated or Neil Armstrong landed on the moon. For me, though, a more significant memory was when the earlier Apollo 8 spacecraft circled the moon, becoming the first manned spacecraft leave earth orbit, reach the moon and then to be out of contact …
-
- 4 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
I'm looking forward to "Political Animals" on USA with Sigourney Weaver. It is designed to be very much "Clinton-like" in that she holds the same Secretary of State position and her husband is a philandering former President. But in this house there is an openly gay son. This show debuts this Sunday on the USA network at 10PM. I'll be watching.
-
- 3 replies
- 848 views
-
-
I have not reached the age to need a assisted care facility yet. But, I do think about the future. While I do love the idea of a "Golden Girls" type of situation, I am not sure that will happen. I had to put my grandmother in a facility last year at a cost of over 10k per month. The prices in the USA are crazy. I read this article below today on Flyer Talk and wondered if there were places in Thailand, Brazil, PR or other places that others heard about? http://www.flyertalk...mes-abroad.html
-
- 0 replies
- 853 views
- 1 follower
-
-
These olympians are already models literally . . .
- 17 replies
- 2.5k views
-
You can always count on Madonna for hotties in her new music videos. . . http://vevo.ly/PZpVWf
-
Thanks to Townie for posting these hotties on Facebook. As he said, maybe a trip to see these boys in South Africa is warranted.
-
Symantec anti-virus update makes some PCs inoperable By Jim Finkle | Reuters BOSTON (Reuters) - A bug in an update of Symantec Corp's anti-virus software caused some Windows PCs to crash late this week, making machines inoperable until they were serviced in an embarrassing episode that angered some customers. The company disclosed the problem on its website, saying that an update to its widely used Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 and Norton anti-virus software for businesses caused some PCs running Microsoft Windows XP software to crash repeatedly, showing what is known as the "blue screen of death." The embarrassment comes at a challenging time for Symantec, who…
-
- 2 replies
- 674 views
-
-
I love twinks and I love muscle guys. This guy has a perfect combination of the two. I don't think he is gay, but I love his facebook videos. Anyone else I should be following on Facebook? http://www.facebook.com/pages/danny-kaganovich
-
- 3 replies
- 851 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Nielson's recently came out with the top 20 most memorable TV moments. They are: 1. Sept. 11 tragedy (2001) 2. Hurricane Katrina (2005) 3. O.J. Simpson verdict (1995) 4. Challenger space shuttle disaster (1986) 5. Death of Osama bin Laden (2011) 6. O.J. Simpson white Bronco chase (1994) 7. Earthquake in Japan (2011) 8. Columbine High School shootings (1999) 9. BP oil spill (2010) 10. Princess Diana's funeral (1997) 11. Death of Whitney Houston (2012) 12. Capture and execution of Saddam Hussein (2006) 13. Barack Obama's acceptance speech (2008) 14. The Royal Wedding (2011) 15. Assassination of John F. Kennedy (1963) 16. Oklahoma City bombing (1995) 17. Bus…
-
- 2 replies
- 844 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I had to share this adorable picture. . . (sigh)
-
If you are in Bangkok and happen to be close to the Oriental Hotel or the river, you might want to take a quick look at a free exhibition at the small Serindia Gallery in OP Garden. The photographers Jonathan Anderson and Edwin Low are recognised worldwide for their amazing sports and other photography. They are about to publish a coffee table book on the training of Chinese gymnasts titled “Endure”. For this, they were given exclusive and unrestricted access to the elite gymnastics training facilities in Beijing. The Exhibition only has a small number of large photos, around 24. But they portray the stunning bodies of gymnasts and the training they have to endure. I…