Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by Rogie,

    Are You Good or Evil? That was the title of a recent Horizon programme aired on British TV. Scientists have discovered two ways of identifying people who may be at risk of developing into psychopaths. Neuroscientists studying brain scans have picked up clear differences in two distinct parts of the brain that characterises known psychopaths. Geneticists have discovered a gene, known as the MAO-A gene that is common in psychopaths. This gene has been nicknamed the 'warrior gene', leading to impulsive behaviour in those carrying it. Known psychopaths have been shown to have both the MAO-A gene and the characteristic brain scan, so clearly people born with both these tra…

    • 62 replies
    • 11.7k views
  2. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I stumbled upon this article and set of photos of the Rolling Stones. I had the opportunity to see them live twice over the years. Both concerts were awesome! Anyway if you're a fan check out more http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/going-out/music/50-years-of-the-rolling-stones-in-50-757325

    • 0 replies
    • 592 views
  3. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://www.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1.235372.1243574086%21menu/standard/file/ny-walt-baby-boomers.swf I thought this was funny and clever today when I got it in my email. . .

    • 2 replies
    • 657 views
  4. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This is Ben Patrick Johnson

    • 1 reply
    • 515 views
  5. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Don't forget to set your clocks ahead tonight (in the US at least)! http://huff.to/xuqrnJ

    • 2 replies
    • 460 views
  6. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I loved this actor on "Friday Night Lights". He has that hot smoldering look about him. I will probably go see him in "John Carter". Enjoy this eye candy in the mean time. . .this first picture is from the new GQ magazine. . .

    • 3 replies
    • 706 views
  7. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    PRICELESS INFORMATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way computers have enhanced our lives, read on. At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, 'If Ford had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.' In response to Bill's comments, Ford issued a press release stating: If Ford had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics (and I just love this part): 1. For no reason whatsoever, your car …

    • 0 replies
    • 557 views
  8. Started by KYTOP,

    Unlike many of my gay friends I am a big sports fan and I find the NCAA College Basketball Tournament (March Madness) to be the ultimate in sporting events. Of Course I have to be rooting for Kentucky to win it all this year even if I do dislike the coach. The teams and brackets are selected Sunday. So any other College hoops fans looking forward to the Madness and who do you favor to win? Let the Madness begin.

    • 4 replies
    • 821 views
  9. Started by KYTOP,

    I don't know how many remember the old TV series from the 70's "Love Boat" but I think I watched it every week back then with all it's cheesy story lines and stupid jokes. Well sadly the Boat itself is headed to the scrap heap. The end of another era. http://www.eonline.com/news/mayday_mayday_love_boat_cruise_ship/300010?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories Geesh now I'll have The Love Boat theme song stuck in my head all day.

    • 2 replies
    • 781 views
  10. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I thought these were pretty funny.

    • 0 replies
    • 710 views
  11. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    WOW some people just have zero common sense. ----------- It was a good thing Peyton Manning left such a nice tip for his server at the Angus Barn because it was one of the last the server would ever receive at the Raleigh, N.C., steakhouse. According to the Triangle Business Journal, a server at the restaurant was fired after posting a photograph of the generous tip Manning left on a $625 bill. The restaurant included its own 18 percent gratuity, bringing the tab to about $739, and Manning added another $200 on top -- roughly -a 50 percent tip. "Jon" was terminated by restaurant owner Van Eure for violating the restaurant's privacy policy.

    • 10 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Oreos are old. So old that their grandchildren might post funny videos of them on YouTube. So old that people in the grocery store don't judge them for using an electric scooter. They're so old, Willard Scott could read their name and wish them a happy birthday from Smuckers on the Today Show. That's right, Oreos are 100-years-old yesterday. How do you eat your oreos? center first then the outsides? do you dunk in milk?

    • 4 replies
    • 908 views
  13. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    • 5 replies
    • 782 views
  14. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    After thinking about the launch event for the new iPad and Apple TV I am starting to wonder if we are seeing the silicon valleys tribute to the good old days ... you know where everybody of importance was white and male I cannot remember a Apple launch event where a woman was on stage much less a man of color. What do you guys think?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. Started by Lucky,

    The news is reporting strange lights over Phoenix that showed up when a traffic camera caught them and a newscast then used that footage. So far, no explanation. Surely lurker has learned to turn the power settings down on his super vibrator, hasn't he? I showed him how! Burst of Light

    • 3 replies
    • 704 views
  16. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    According to the latest Apple patent, looks like the iWallet may be coming to your iPhone soon for an electronic wallet. http://mashable.com/2012/03/09/iwallet-apple-patent-iphone/

    • 0 replies
    • 514 views
  17. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Just nine months before his death in 1989, Keith Haring participated in a art project at The Lesbian and Gay Community Services Center. Participants chose a room, and Haring chose a bathroom, creating an amazing orgy mural that few people ever saw. Now, after painstaking work, the space has been converted into a meeting space and the mural is on full display. I am personally a huge Keith Haring fan. I'm trying to find the original "dancers" and buy it but David Geffen has it now. So the likelihood of my ever getting the original is nil.

    • 2 replies
    • 674 views
  18. Guest BewareofNick
    Started by Guest BewareofNick,

    Looks like a nice New England day during the winter, right? Actually, this is an Australian farm after a flood. Thousands of wolf spiders moved in to avoid the flood waters. Creepy. http://tinyurl.com/89pesq4

    • 0 replies
    • 583 views
  19. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    Today, I want to talk about old people. Not people, exactly but rather zombies! Come on, you've seen one of those endless zombie shows or movies, right? I have never tried to hide my disdain for them because I feel they are just so boring and unimaginative. Literally every zombie movie is the same thing with a few personal plot details thrown in the mix. (OH NO! Lucy is pregnant! I gotta deliver this kid while fending off these 3 zombies) It wouldn't be bad if zombies had different speed but it's that same ambling speed. How the heck do they manage to finally catch up anyway? The heroes get in a car and drive 500 miles away and OH LOOK! the zombies are there come night…

    • 1 reply
    • 579 views
  20. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I have lived the last 10 years mostly in Texas with a brief pit stop in Florida. Most of the past 10 years has been in the DFW area. Its weird as a Southern Californian I never thought I would ever call anywhere in Texas home. But it has a certain comfort level for me here. Maybe I'm just getting old however, I do like the medical options should I need them here ... the people are friendly ... the traffic is not too bad ... the weather is reasonable ... the cost of living is good ... and the central location makes it about a 3.5 hour plane trip to anywhere in the country. Now I'm strongly considering moving back to Las Vegas where I had lived about 5 years prior to com…

    • 20 replies
    • 1.3k views
  21. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Glee is filming a Whitney Houston episode planned as a tribute to the late singer, this one using eight of Houston's songs to explore the idea of saying goodbye, as the seniors realize they're going to miss McKinley High. http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/glee_shooting_full-episode_tribute/299894

    • 0 replies
    • 495 views
  22. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    45 reasons we love birthday boy John Barrowman; http://www.afterelton.com/other/2012/03/john-barrowman-birthday

    • 0 replies
    • 495 views
  23. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I'm wondering how many of you guys use a laptop computer or a desktop computer on a regular basis? I understand that at work most have a desktop ... I am more interested at your home. As for me I have used a desktop almost exclusively but just bought a 17.3 inch laptop to replace it. I haven't received it yet but am now starting to wonder if giving up some screen size might disappoint me. When it comes to processor the laptop I bought has a better processor and better graphics card than my desktop. However I guess I am having some second thoughts. Any experience out there guys?

  24. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    You can vote here. I would choose Jesse Santana in two categories (but that's just me. . .) http://www.thehookies.com/vote.asp

  25. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    An interesting article about e-book prices and how Steve Jobs made them more expensive. ---- So Apple was conniving with the nation's big book publishers? At first blush, this probably sounded like the oddest coupling since Felix took up residence with Oscar. But strange bedfellows notwithstanding, that's the story out of Washington, where word is that the two sides colluded on a scheme to raise the price of electronic books. Now it's payback time and book lovers -- e-book buyers, in particular -- ought to be cheering on the trustbusters. Far be it for me to root for anything the government does, but in this instance I'll make a big exception. In his biography of St…

    • 1 reply
    • 709 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.