Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Omar Sharif Jr. Comes Out as Gay, Half-Jewish: 'Am I Welcome in Egypt?' By Olivia Katrandjian | ABC News The grandson of two-time Golden Globe winning actor Omar Sharif "hesitantly confessed" in an article published Sunday that he is gay and half Jewish, and worried about being welcome in Egypt. Omar Sharif Jr. wrote in The Advocate, "I write this article in fear. Fear for my country, fear for my family, and fear for myself. My parents will be shocked to read it, surely preferring I stay in the shadows and keep silent, at least for the time being. But I can't." Sharif expressed his disappointment at the recent parliamentary elections, writing that the revolution gav…

    • 1 reply
    • 882 views
  2. Started by TotallyOz,

    Some friends talked me into going to the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica today and then watching a movie. We saw Boy. I had not heard of it before but I am so glad I saw it. It was really a very touching movie with a great story and great acting. It is one of those small Indie films you don't want to miss. IMHO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEVJlG20qo0

  3. Democratic Senators Issue Strong Warning About Use of the Patriot Act By CHARLIE SAVAGE Published: March 16, 2012 WASHINGTON For more than two years, a handful of Democrats on the Senate intelligence committee have warned that the government is secretly interpreting its surveillance powers under the Patriot Act in a way that would be alarming if the public or even others in Congress knew about it. On Thursday, two of those senators Ron Wyden of Oregon and Mark Udall of Colorado went further. They said a top-secret intelligence operation that is based on that secret legal theory is not as crucial to national security as executive branch officials have maintain…

    • 7 replies
    • 943 views
  4. Rick Santorum Promises War On Porn Industry By Leigh Owens The Huffington Post | Posted: 03/16/2012 Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum has promised to initiate a war on porn if elected. “America is suffering a pandemic of harm from pornography. It contributes to misogyny and violence against women. It is a contributing factor to prostitution and sex trafficking,” the former Pennsylvania senator wrote in a statement posted on his campaign website. Santorum has chosen the porn industry as his latest target in his effort to be viewed as the most conservative candidate in the GOP primary, ahead of opponent Mitt Romney. He believes that current obscenity l…

    • 4 replies
    • 739 views
  5. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Finally the official trailer for "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter".

    • 4 replies
    • 737 views
  6. Guest Hoover42
    Started by Guest Hoover42,

    Considering that Alien is on my list of top 100 movies, you can just imagine my expectations for Ridley Scott's new movie, PROMETHEUS. Check out the (far too short) early trailer: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/prometheus/

    • 14 replies
    • 1.6k views
  7. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I'm watching this amazing series that starts tonight on the Discovery HD channel called "FROZEN PLANET". It's from the makers of "Blue Planet". Absolutely amazing so far in just the first few minutes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15PuJULBMTs

    • 1 reply
    • 563 views
  8. Started by lookin,

    Happy Birthday, CharliePS! I always enjoy checking the Famous Birthdays to see who shares a natal anniversary with those I admire. With the possible exceptions of Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov and Neville Chamberlain, you are easily the most famous person on today's list. Queen Latifah might also have made the cut, though I'm sure you have better legs. ( PS: I tried posting this on the other site, where's there's already a very active thread going on, but wasn't able to log in for some reason. )

  9. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Seems like the gay community finds a way to celebrate everything. How do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day?

    • 6 replies
    • 778 views
  10. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://feelthespin.blogspot.com/ I'm a big fan of Larry Flick on SiriusXM OutQ 108. He has a daily morning program called "The Morning Jolt" from 7 - 11AM eastern time. But he also has a Sunday show from 11 - 3PM Pacific time (or 2 - 6PM Eastern time) called "Feel The Spin". He plays new music in the first hour and then he does music interviews over the next two hours then in the last hour he does an hour called "trip the disco fantastic" playing dance/disco classics. I love his perspective from a gay angle on all music. He used to be a Billboard magazine reviewer of songs and albums and now does these shows. I highly recommend it for Sunday listening.

    • 0 replies
    • 526 views
  11. Started by Lucky,

    My week was about 7 days too much! Michelle Williams may have played the character of Marilyn very well, but geez, what insufferable insecurities! I have never understood the appeal of Marilyn Monroe and this movie did nothing to help me out. Most men want to kiss her, I just wanted to slap her. The cute Eddie Redmayne, who I saw on Broadway with Alfred Molina in Red, where he was just fantastic, proves his acting chops again in this movie. Except for the part about wanting Marilyn...he must really be acting! The sets and scenery are beautiful, Judi Dench delightful in a small role, but Marilyn is so annoying the movie is hard to sit through. (Sorry, the title is My …

    • 7 replies
    • 950 views
  12. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Click here to read the story It is so nice to see companies embrace us and help with the fight for equality.

    • 2 replies
    • 525 views
  13. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Bottoms for Jesus?

  14. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I guess there is a party on aisle 15 at Home Depot. . .

    • 2 replies
    • 550 views
  15. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    Our chief correspondent from Palm Spring is missing in action! Lucky are you volunteering as a judge for a local court? Is that why you are so busy???

    • 4 replies
    • 739 views
  16. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Well Dave continues to show his wicked sense of humor. . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVVqM7Zilfo

    • 1 reply
    • 598 views
  17. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Here's a quick fun quiz to while away a few moments. http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/quiz/2012/mar/13/quiz-are-you-an-introvert I answered as honestly as possible, even though those to some questions seem fairly obvious if you want to make yourself out as more macho than you are. I was a bit disappointed when I got a score of just 10. But a note with the answers made me feel better - .

    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views
  18. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    LOL !!!!

    • 2 replies
    • 673 views
  19. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This poor girl. I never liked dodgeball even though I don't think this was it. . .

    • 3 replies
    • 438 views
  20. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    Worried about inflation... It's getting serious... Are we ready for another shock???

    • 7 replies
    • 900 views
  21. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Such a hottie: nice rear side: .

    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
  22. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    These boy twink twins crack me up. I saw them first on UK's X Factor. Here they are performing their Eurosong winning song for the Eurovision 2012 contest.

  23. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This is a little funny

    • 2 replies
    • 561 views
  24. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    A man is claiming that he is the first person in San Diego history to be arrested for public nudity for wearing a thong under a gladiator kilt during the city’s gay pride event, the Courthouse News Service reported. Will Walters says that the San Diego police "enforced a municipal policy on public nudity," which prohibits men from wearing thongs or G-strings but allows woman to wear the garments. He also said that San Diego Pride "wholeheartedly endorsed" the policy to "curry favor" with the authorities and to appeal the event’s sponsors as well as straight people. The man claims that police approached him while he was waiting in line for a drink and then forcibly remo…

    • 1 reply
    • 714 views
  25. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    From AfterElton.com: Kudos to HellTek for the same-sex inclusive ad, and for naming themselves HellTek. And any home remodelling project can result in swearing at the people you love.

    • 0 replies
    • 533 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.