The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
I thought I'd share this invitation for your SoCal foodies and wine lovers. . .
-
-
whats a good average price? and whats the difference between in and out going calls..... i think i understand, but when looking at peoples sights, it confused me seeing two different prices for in and out....
-
- 5 replies
- 820 views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/02/worlds-top-10-cities-best-looking-men_n_1314261.html I'm shocked! Was Tomcal lying to us all this time?
-
Flight AF422 from Paris to Bogota took off yesterday 34 minutes late. The Airbus A340-300 with 288 passengers had unspecified technical problems, and on take-off some passengers noticed a smell of burning. About 90 minutes in to the flight, the aircraft plummeted towards the Atlantic Ocean as the burning smell was more pronounced. Soon passengers “looked out of the window and the sea was directly below us. Fuel was pouring out over the wings. We thought we were going to die.” One passenger from Sweden described conditions on board, saying “panic took over, the cabin crew were sweating and shouting, and people were crying and praying. It was total panic.” The…
-
Did you ever want to tell someone off but via iPhone? Well this is an iPhone beat down if I ever saw one.
-
I saw the recent top 10 list of where the sexiest men are and I thought it was complete and utter BS. So, I am thinking of doing a site that only has lists for gay men. What lists would be appropriate for a site like that?
-
- 3 replies
- 896 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Cathay Pacific has announced that its new Premium Economy seats will be phased in on selected flights from 1st April. The first services to be fitted with the new class of seating will be flights to/from Toronto, Vancouver and New York, along with one of the daily flights to/from Sydney. Some London flights start in May. San Francisco, LAX, Melbourne and Adelaide in August, Frankfurt in September, and other flights through the entire long-haul fleet by December. With TG soon to have no non-stops from the US, CX may be a possible alternative, especially if they have introductory discounts. CX is being typically coy about the seat and pitch dimensions. The prese…
-
So yesterday I went to the first spring training game I had ever attended. It was in Phoenix, Arizona, and was played between the Seattle Mariners and the San Diego Padres. The two teams share a spring training facility in Peoria, Arizona.
-
- 29 replies
- 3.3k views
-
-
-
This morning I happened to switch on mid-way during an interview on Piers Morgan’s show with Michelle Bachmann. I have seen her interviewed before and find her one of the most inflexible and utterly infuriating of people. (I’m tempted to say ‘loathsome’, but I am trying to keep this more or less factual). This interview did not change my mind. Morgan was a good deal more persistent than other interviewers in that he pushed many times to keep her on topic. But she resolutely refused to do so and just continued rambling on with her own views. Morgan: What I object to is the rhetoric thrown against gay people? Bachmann: It is nothing like the high level of the rh…
-
So in March there are a bunch of new network scripted dramas starting. Do any interest you? AWAKE (starting tonight at 10PM) SCANDAL MISSING GCB (I'm most looking forward to this one) Mad Men (re-starts on Mar 25)
-
As I reported in the laptop-vs-desktop thread, I let my laptop get stolen recently. That was the insult, but the injury was because I had grown lax in my data backup discipline. Now, a local backup device -- say, an Apple Time Machine -- would have been nifty. Except that was stolen too. Arghh. Putting aside questions of who I am foolish enough to let in my door, it occurred that my visitors would have had a hard time making off with Amazon's servers. So... Does anyone have experience or knowledge of the various hosted backup services out there? Mozy, iCloud, Dropbox, etc.? If this has been covered previously, just point me there. Many thanks.
-
- 18 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm not sure I should be standing when I look at this. . .
-
- 4 replies
- 792 views
-
-
-
GM adds natural-gas option to big heavy-duty pickups. Many have touted natural gas as savior to the US's dependency on oil. I think that it would be a great switch but most companies have been reluctant. Now, GM has at least given a nod by giving it as an option for some vehicles. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2012/03/gm-conpressed-natural-gas-cng-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra/1#.T1TIJ8yjInB Do you think this is the wave of the future? Is this the same bi fuel option that Brazil and other countries have?
-
- 4 replies
- 784 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Jared McCann won the National Yoga Asana Championship. I'm just thinking looking at him that this man is used to being bent over....
-
My friends who are Brazilian said that the government would just roll over the slums. Looks like there is a new day dawning in Rio and the flavella residents have figured out the power of social media, courts and the press. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/05/world/americas/brazil-faces-obstacles-in-preparations-for-rio-olympics.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss
-
- 3 replies
- 775 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Here is Lindsay Lohan's 'Making Fun of Herself' SNL Monologue http://t.co/zgy1LWsV
-
My reason for watching the show this year were the identical Twins, especially the "short haired" one!! ...ok i would do the long haired one too! Tonight they were eliminated!
-
- 5 replies
- 711 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Well I think I narrowed down what college I'll be going to. I think classes start in May or June. Now I have to sit down and they will prepare a lesson plan (I will help them choose my classes) and a timeframe to get it all done in (it will take me 2 years). After long and careful consideration, I have to decided to get a degree in "TotallyOz Career Development"....I'm kidding of course..actually I'll be getting a degree in writing. Yes, I want to be poor, penniless and live on the street..this was the easiest way I could think to do it. kidding gcursor
-
- 6 replies
- 724 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I would love to have clients all over the US. I love to travel and I feel every place has it's own qualities.
-
- 1 reply
- 741 views
-
-
OK its a little ways off still but I know from my Do You Make Plans thread that some of you like to plan ahead Maybe a few of you will wanna pitch in so you can buy me something really spectacular ... or I know some would like to keep all my gushing thank yous to themselves which is cool too. Now no need to go too far out of your way. I know gas is quite expensive. So I noticed that the Apple store is only a click away Oh Mmmm look at those iMacs or Mac Book Pros. I bet they would help me create much more eloquent posts here Did I hear one of you say early birthday gift awww now I'm blushing
-
Now this is the way to go fishing. I think they ended up with 20 or so in their boat in 5 minutes. . .
-
- 7 replies
- 879 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Why are my posts being so immediately deleted here AND censored here to be honest - All the while when people wondered why Lucky's posts were deleted to combine them to a contest which nobody knew about or accepted until it felt wrong? I'm just saying...I'm new here but not stupid. Combine me into anything you might feel comfortable....but expect to feel my bite-back when your expatiation exceeds who I am.
-
- 4 replies
- 842 views
- 1 follower
-