Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by TotallyOz,

    Many of us are often told we look like a celeb or a famous person. I got it often when my look alike was alive. Not so much now. But, who do people tell you that you look like? Me. My friends use to call me Uncle Buck for a reason.

  2. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I'm a TV fan and I always have been. These were my favorite TV shows as a kid. What were your favorites?

  3. Started by Lucky,

    A baseball player who won his appeal on a steroid pee result is attacking the guy who took the sample for leaving it in the refrigerator over the weekend. I guess he thinks we are dumb enough to believe that a few days in the cooler could make his piss full of testosterone. Anyway, the guy who takes the samples must witness the um, sample as it is being given. He has taken samples now from 600 athletes, all male, of course. Now that's a job to like. He gets to see a lot of games for free. I had a friend once who saw more than 600 cocks in his job, but he worked at a VD clinic, which kind of took the fun out of it!

    • 4 replies
    • 938 views
  4. Started by Lucky,

    High cholesterol has been my unwelcome buddy for many years now. I hate the drug Lipitor since it caused severe pain in my calves. But, I had to take it. So, I took 10mg a day even thought that is a low dose. When the leg pain would have me screaming, I would stop for a week. Then, earlier this year, the doc switched me to Crestor, but only two days a week at 20mg. My cholesterol numbers plummeted and I have little calf pain. For the first time in years, I had a normal level. All of this is to preface new warnings today from the FDA on statin drugs, whether Crestor or Lipitor or a generic. It seems that they can cause memory loss and confusion. Given that older folks ten…

  5. Guest Maxx
    Started by Guest Maxx,

    Is it good if a vacuum really sucks? Hello and my name is Max. I generally use the handle "Woody" but it was taken here. So I tried Max (duh)and it too was taken. So I decided upon Maxx. I found this forum through a F4F chat session and thought I'd give it a whirl. So hello to all who might be here in the interest of hot men and sexy boys. If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting? This is my worst nightmare when I go to strip clubs.

    • 2 replies
    • 636 views
  6. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    When I had just entered my teens, a London stage production of J.M. Barrie’s “Peter Pan” visited our local theatre. One of my school friends knew one of the kids playing a Lost Boy. We arranged to meet up for a snack after the show when several other young members of the company joined us. One was the cutest, funniest guy with a beautiful face and a gorgeous smile. I forgot about that meeting until a few years later. Listening to the radio I heard an infectious song by a new pop group I’d not heard of (and I knew most of those which were mushrooming almost daily at that exciting time for pop music). When I saw the group later on TV, there was something about the small…

    • 0 replies
    • 842 views
  7. Started by Lucky,

    His daughter says so. Tapes in the possession of gossip site TMZ are reportedly the daughter, in 2010, saying that a Jackson impersonator is really the voice on the album. Paris Jackson is quoted as saying on the tapes: During the 2010 video chat, Paris supposedly announced to her friends that the reason the voice on the album doesn't sound like her dad is because it's not the King of Pop at all — it's a sound-alike named Jason Malachi. "It's NOT him ... the whole album isn't even him!! Go online ... go on YouTube and look up Jason Malachi. That's him!!" the 13-year-old allegedly replied when a friend asked why the "Hold My Hand" singer sounded different. Read more: h…

    • 2 replies
    • 653 views
  8. Started by Lucky,

    Once upon a time, a review site held a contest, and awarded the winner $1500!!! Not such small change, eh? So today I was surprised to see the winner of that contest make a cameo appearance here on MER. Perhaps he was contemplating entering the current contest? Maybe that $1500 is spent!

    • 11 replies
    • 1.3k views
  9. Started by JKane,

    Looks like something may just surpass the massive action sequences of the last Transformers. The set photos of Cumberbatch (Sherlock) and Quinto on the set of Star Trek 2 have also gotten me excited, but that's a way off...

    • 0 replies
    • 591 views
  10. Started by JKane,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adzywe9xeIU Kinda wish I'd gone to the nominated short film marathon I'd heard about last week or so...

    • 2 replies
    • 673 views
  11. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/29/george-clooney-advocate-gay-rumors-marriage-brad-pitt_n_1310901.html?ref=gay-voices&ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009 This a great article about George Clooney addressing his gay rumors, his bromance with Brad Pitt and gay marriage. He is definitely very charming. I'm just not a great fan of his work yet. . .

    • 2 replies
    • 625 views
  12. Started by Lucky,

    Let's see...I am still counting..ah, there we go. Yes. Data breaches of individual's personal information last year resulted in 36 MILLION people being affected. a study shows. Javelin Strategy & Research does an annual report. A Washington Post columnist, Michelle Singletary, says: “You’re telling too much of your business.” People using LinkedIn, Google, Twitter and Facebook had the highest incidence of fraud, the company said. Javelin found that 68 percent of people with public social-media profiles shared their birthday information (with 45 percent revealing the month, day and year); 63 percent shared the name of their high school; 18 percent shared their phon…

    • 4 replies
    • 736 views
  13. This is starting to go around. 70 years married. Want gay grandkids to have that same chance.

    • 0 replies
    • 576 views
  14. Started by Lucky,

    HuffPost reports: A Georgia judge is under fire after he allegedly pulled his pistol in a courtroom in an apparent attempt to drive a point home to a sexual assault victim. Lumpkin County Superior Court Judge David Barrett wasn't angry, but making "a poor rhetorical point" when he flashed the piece this week, District Attorney Jeff Langley told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Barrett was presiding over a sexual assault case in which a woman brought charges of rape and aggravated assault against Scott Sugarman, a former Hall County sheriff's deputy. But when the victim took the stand to testify, Barrett told her that she was "killing her case" -- allegedly because sh…

    • 0 replies
    • 604 views
  15. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Paula and her son just don't get it. I doubt that anyone was happy to hear about her illness. What we are unhappy about is the timing of the news and the continued over the top cooking recipes without comment about health.

  16. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I thought I'd post this in case someone may not have seen Billy's opening. It was pretty good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5qpqBli880

  17. Started by Lucky,

    We seem to be mourning the young this week. The NY Times reports today on the death of a young man who had roles on some TV shows before dying an early death at the age of 35. If you think your life is tough, well, read on. Neil Hope "grew up in the 1980s before an audience of millions as a star in a pair of gritty Canadian television dramas, “Degrassi Junior High” and its sequel, “Degrassi High.” "Mr. Hope had few secrets left after his five years in the role of the troubled teenage character Derek (Wheels) Wheeler. The show’s producers admitted all along that the story of Wheels, a boy who stumbles through misfortunes before drifting into alcoholism, drew broadly on …

    • 2 replies
    • 812 views
  18. Started by TampaYankee,

    Gay Sex Legal, Says India Government NEW DELHI (AP) — The Indian government Tuesday clarified to the Supreme Court that it accepts a recent ruling legalizing gay sex in the country. A lawyer told the Supreme Court that the government would not challenge a 2009 order by the Delhi High Court striking down a colonial-era law that made gay sex a crime. The order was appealed by conservative groups and the Supreme Court is now hearing opinions from those groups as well as gay rights activists. The latest statement comes days after another government lawyer told the court that gay sex was "highly immoral" and should be banned. The government quickly denied that lawyer's sta…

  19. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    • 4 replies
    • 837 views
  20. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    • 2 replies
    • 621 views
  21. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Gordon Gecko of "Wall Street" fame said "Greed is Good". Now in a turn about, Michael Douglas is doing some PSA's for the FBI trying to get people to speak out on insider trading. . .

    • 0 replies
    • 499 views
  22. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Gay porn actor Dror Barak, 38, was found dead of an apparent suicide in his Manhattan home earlier this week. A former member of the Israeli military and once an employee at the United Nations, Barak, who performed under the name Roman Ragazzi, was outed as a porn performer by a New York City tabloid in 2007. From Joe My God at the time: In a seemingly pointless move, the New York Post's Page Six gossip column has outed an employee of the Israeli consulate at the United Nations as a gay porn actor, after tricking administrative worker Dror Barak into revealing his sideline career as a "model" and budding porn actor. Although Barak specified that he did not escort, he did…

    • 7 replies
    • 2.2k views
  23. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    So finally E! posted this so it wouldn't be deleted and they could get the ad revenue I suppose. I really don't get Sacha Baron Cohen's humor at all. I avoid all he does. Although he was good in "Hugo" but fortunately he wasn't himself for a change (if that makes sense). And the Academy was none too pleased and they visited Sacha in his dressing room to make sure no more "stunts" were planned for later that evening. http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-rt-us-sachabaroncohen-stunttre81q2au-20120227,0,6991600.story

  24. Started by JKane,

    Seth Rogen hosted the Independent Spirit Awards in Santa Monica on Saturday, and took the opportunity to lay into Brett Ratner for the anti-gay slur that got him rejected as Oscar producer last fall. In the same joke, he also took aim at Grammy producers for celebrating Chris Brown. Read more: http://www.towleroad.com/2012/02/rogen.html#ixzz1nelm2JBm

    • 0 replies
    • 627 views
  25. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I loved this picture of Meryl. I am so thrilled that she won BEST ACTRESS.

    • 2 replies
    • 653 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.