Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by ihpguy,

    Somebody hot to root for.

  2. I've always admired the man, but didn't expect him to be this progressive on homosexuality!

    • 6 replies
    • 918 views
  3. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    She has been a show business celebrity for decades, instantly recognizable, considered an icon by legions, adored by her worldwide fans and growers of a certain type of flower, loathed by others who see her dragging the name of comedy into the gutter. Now, it seems, an era is coming to an end. The ever-young Dame Edna Everage, the superstar from Moonee Ponds down under, has suggested that the tour she is about to start in her native Australia will be her last. Hopefully the show will continue on to London and Broadway to give her fans there one last look at someone who has created her own special wicked humour and a place in entertainment history. Of the many show…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZthXZWn7RY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyl5DlrsU90&feature=related What were some of your favorite dance hits of the 80's??

  5. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Madonna released her second single from her upcoming album today. It's called "Girl Gone Wild". I think she changed the name from "Girls Gone Wild" because she faced a lawsuit over that name. I guess a plural change makes all the difference. . . Listen here:

    • 2 replies
    • 511 views
  6. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Right on cue, One Million Moms steps out to make GCB a success by bashing it, just like they did with JC Penny and Archie Comics. I'm sure Kristin Chenoweth will send a fruit basket as a thank you. http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2012/03/one-million-moms-against-abcs-gcb.html

    • 4 replies
    • 750 views
  7. Guest EXPAT

    The Supreme Court declined to hear an appeal of Christian campus clubs fighting for the right to discriminate based on sexual orientation, leaving the lower court ruling in place that says they can't. Meanwhile, I was not allowed to join Rick Warren's church in SoCal unless I was baptized and denounced my homosexuality. (not that I would ever join that church now anyway. I'm not sure what I was thinking to begin with. . .) http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2012/03/scotus-college-christian-clubs-cant.html

    • 2 replies
    • 503 views
  8. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    How do you know if someone is too stoned to drive? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/18/stoned-driving-epidemic-p_n_1357101.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    So every gay bar, well every bar on the planet (or at least in the US) is taking advantage of the first day of Spring to advertise "Spring Break" night specials. What are your plans for Spring Break?

    • 1 reply
    • 626 views
  10. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This just goes to show you that spacing is critical in interpreting the meaning of signs. . .

    • 0 replies
    • 497 views
  11. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    How to make a romantic meal with food porn. . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_9uA75fejI

    • 0 replies
    • 407 views
  12. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Today (Monday) is day 3 of 4 days off in a row for me. Should have been fun times, but instead, I have been sick, doing little more than sleeping. Went to urgent care finally this morning, to find out that I have a bronchial infection.. Does anyone have any or any Nothing beats a little Jewish penicillin..

    • 7 replies
    • 851 views
  13. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I thought this was funny:

    • 0 replies
    • 574 views
  14. Gorgeous, Sexilicious Latin hunk William Levy made a jaw dropping debut on the new season of Dancing with the Stars. Although EVERY performance was a cut above past season premiers, it was Levys presence that brought that SEX factor to the show. Sweaty, rippling muscles, and a bubbleicious ASS to die for. And that Smile ! OMG, instant boner... Did you watch, and Love Levy ??? Clearly, the audience LOVED him.

    • 1 reply
    • 670 views
  15. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    For all the fans who cheered Sam on to his win on the Glee Project, the wait is almost over. Sam's first appearance on Glee is scheduled for the Valentine's Day show this coming Tuesday. I haven't heard much about his story arc, except that he is supposed to be some sort of relative of Puck. Let's hope his character gets a little (or a lot) more screen exposure than Damian McGinty.

    • 17 replies
    • 1.5k views
  16. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    For those who have not yet seen the news, the hugely funny Les Ballets Trockadero de Monte Carlo are returning to Bangkok for the third or fourth time. There will be five performances from May 9 – 12 at the Royal Paragon Hall. Anyone who has not yet seen the Trocks, as they are affectionately known around the world, really should consider going. This is an all-male group of classically trained dancers who perform excerpts from famous ballets. As their PR points out, they do so to “dazzling and hilarious effect” whilst celebrating the beauty and absurdity of classical ballet. Just looking at the cast lists gives an indication of what is in store. In Bangkok, one it…

    • 0 replies
    • 919 views
  17. Guest zipperzone
    Started by Guest zipperzone,

    It's been so long since I posted any pictures, I've forgotten how. Can someone give me a quick refresher course? Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 695 views
  18. Started by JKane,

    Judge bans Winter Olympics gay Pride House Russian court rules that Pride House at 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics is ‘extremist’ and could provoke ‘social-religious hatred’

    • 7 replies
    • 877 views
  19. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    I was listening to NPR and it was about endocrine disrupters in plastics... I got into it so much I made a turn without thinking and a car almost hit me and changed the lane right away. If I die then I would die because of a traffic accident rather than chemicals in plastics.

    • 11 replies
    • 933 views
  20. Started by MsGuy,

    If I'm understanding the teaser ads right, the season finale of 'Walkers' is coming up this Sunday night (3/18)). They're averaging at least one continuing character killed off each episode but I'm not sure who's left the producer can afford to slaughter. I guess the gal whose daughter got zombified has been kinda whiny lately, so maybe it's her turn to take one for the team. ---- Sorry about starting a new thread, but I couldn't find the old one.

    • 8 replies
    • 924 views
  21. "...more brain atrophy," actually; also those with "no religious affiliation." Odd. Intriguing. Not enough details here, but still: http://mobile.philly.com/health/?wss=/philly/health&id=132456883

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  22. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    The Guardian has published an article about an interview between Tony Blair and the President of Liberia, Ellen Johnson. In it, Johnson defends the law that criminalises homosexual acts, saying: “We like ourselves the way we are.” She adds, “We've got certain traditional values in our society that we would like to preserve.” Blair was left looking visibly uncomfortable by her remarks. Yet, when pushed to make a comment on the UN Secretary General’s remarks at an African Union Summit earlier this year (when Ban Ki-Moon urged African leaders to respect gay rights and to stop treating gay people as second hand citizens and criminals), Blair disgracefully refused to c…

    • 0 replies
    • 800 views
  23. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice. This has gone viral in the last 36 hours. The director/producer will be on The Today Show on Friday (tomorrow) HOW TO HELP: Visit: http://kony2012.com Donate to Invisible Children: https://stayclassy.org/checkout/set-donation?eid=14711 For info on Invisible Children: http://invisiblechildren.com

    • 1 reply
    • 454 views
  24. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-03-11/news-interviews/31143341_1_onir-alternate-sexuality-national-award "I Am" became the first gay film to win Best Hindi Film at the 59th National Film Awards in India.

    • 0 replies
    • 1k views
  25. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I don't know about you, but I'm eagerly anticipating the return of "MAD MEN" on AMC this coming Sunday when season 5 premieres with a 2 hour 8 minute episode. This has to be one of the best ever dramas on television. As someone who thrives on scripted television and hates all reality TV (except singing competitions - the new variety shows), I really look forward to really well written television. And this is it. Even Newsweek is in on the act for their upcoming retro cover. Enjoy the teaser trailer on Don Draper. . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAfcYuLbMa8

    • 1 reply
    • 544 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.