Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. See copyright report here: http://www.opendns.com/pdf/opendns-report-2010.pdf

  2. See the article here... http://techcrunch.com/2011/01/26/google-begins-soft-censorship-of-arbitrary-piracy-related-queries/

  3. A Ugandan gay-rights activist was beaten to death yesterday, three weeks after he won a court case against a local newspaper that published the names and addresses of campaigners in the East African nation. David Kato, 46, was attacked at his home “by unknown people and beaten, leading to his death,” Denis Wamala, a gay-rights activist, said in a phone interview today from Kampala, the capital. “He has been receiving death threats for his gay stand.” Amnesty International, the London-based advocacy group, called the murder “shocking” and urged the Ugandan government to ensure an impartial investigation into the killing. Ugandan police will address a media briefing on Ka…

  4. Guest Barr1965
    Started by Guest Barr1965,

    Complicity between men http://www.serguapos.com/men2.html

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Started by ihpguy,

    I Hope That You Will Laugh Out Loud At The Value O A Catholic Education And A #2 Pencil? Okay- Here goes. Little Susie was not the best student in Catholic School . Usually she slept through the class. One day her teacher, a Nun, called on her while she was sleeping. 'Tell me Susie, who created the universe?' When Susie didn't stir, little Johnny who was her friend sitting behind her, took his pencil and jabbed her in the rear. 'God Almighty!' shouted Susie. The Nun said, 'Very good' and continued teaching her class.. A little later the Nun asked Susie, 'Who is our Lord and Savior?' But Susie didn't stir from her slumber. Once again, Johnny came to her rescue an…

    • 1 reply
    • 852 views
  6. Started by stripfan,

    The medic keeps falling on the injured soccer player, poor guy! This was on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night

    • 1 reply
    • 681 views
  7. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Year of the Rabbit

    • 3 replies
    • 955 views
  8. Started by Lucky,

    When Aaron Carter revealed his hot muscled body last October to kick off a comeback attempt, the complete lack of body fat made me wonder if he was getting some extra special help with his diet. My question is answered in today's NY Daily News, which reports that Aaron is in rehab in Southern California. His manager stated: "Aaron, understanding the challenges and hard work it would take to get himself back to the top, requested to take some time before we started to heal some emotional and spiritual issues he was dealing with..." Those darn spiritual issues getting in the way of a comeback. I wish him well. Maybe Scientology can help? Read more: http://www.nydailynews.…

  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    There is a new cable show called Shameless. I just watched the first episode. I enjoyed it. It did remind me a bit of The Riches out a few years back and that show didn't make it too long. Anyone else catch a glimpse of this show?

  10. Started by Lucky,

    Wish I could go! The story and lots of pics: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/20/calvin-klein-nick-gruber_n_811463.html#s226744&title=July_2010

  11. One of my favorite shows returns with an interesting theme. REDEMPTION http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=JbCBGf809Y9XIzcGqnEYUPDD4npTYZe5&nrd=1

  12. OK. I'd like to say that this story is not about me. But as Lucky was here for a visit, he will know I am full of shit. So, I'll fess up now. My ex became my ex because he lied to me. Not once, or twice but many times over the years. We were together for 7 years. I'll admit that no one else seems to keep my attention the way he did and still does. He was that one guy that always made me happy the moment I saw him and I stayed happy the entire time I was with me. The lies were all about stupid shit. I am just a smart cookie and I can put 2 and 2 together. I often confronted him when I knew the answer to my question but he would still lie about it eve though I knew…

  13. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    • 4 replies
    • 667 views
  14. Started by kjun12,

    A Thai airline has decided to hire third-sex flight attendants. Undoubtedly this means transsexuals but, as usual, Thailand gives it an interesting name. See the full story here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/436855-third-sex-thai-hostesses-ready-for-takeoff/

    • 1 reply
    • 798 views
  15. The Best and Worst Cities for Home Values in 2011 by Morgan BrennanMonday, January 24, 2011 California is rebounding, but Florida, not so. Poor Florida. The state that is home to Disney World, key lime pie and the Daytona 500 hasn't had much to crow about when it comes to real estate in recent years. Sorry to break it to Sunshine Staters, but they shouldn't be expecting a rebound anytime soon either. That's according to Local Market Monitor (LMM), a Cary, N.C.-based real estate research firm that crunched the numbers for our list of the best and worst cities for home values in 2011. One list includes the 10 cities where home values are expected to rise the most in 2…

    • 2 replies
    • 866 views
  16. Started by AdamSmith,

    How could I have missed this series? http://worldofwonder.net/productions/Machines_of_Malice/ I once saw an Iron Maiden at a Ripley's Believe It or Not museum in Gatlinburg, TN. It was as horrifying as you might think. Not full of many small spikes, as often drawn; just a few big ones, strategically placed.

    • 1 reply
    • 778 views
  17. Started by stripfan,

    Green Bay Packers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

  18. Started by Lucky,

    A re-reading of Bonfire of the Vanities got me from LA to Tokyo. I had forgotten how good that novel is. My next novel, though, took the cake for the lamest death scene ever. It's a gay novel recently out called Code of Conduct, by Rich Merritt. It's supposedly a novel about gays in the military, but these gays are all male models with hot bods. Anyway, to the death scene. One gay soldier has taken home an undercover investigator. The gay guy leaves the room to feed his dog, who has been home alone all day, When he returns, he discovers that the guy he brought home has been snooping around, so he gets a loaded gun out of a desk drawer. In one section,the book says that…

  19. Started by Lucky,

    It's hard to always be sure how old an Asian man is. The cover of this month's Out in Thailand magazine, hopefully pictured here, shows a cute young man. But when you read the article, you learn that he is 49 year old fashion designer Tananan Wilson. We should all be so lucky as to keep our youthful looks. So maybe rice is the right diet, but I eat more of it than ever and my looks get more crinkly every day. So the alternative is to enjoy your age and commend those who can keep a youthful look...isn't it?

  20. Started by kjun12,

    Met up with Lucky here in Bangkok the other night. Had dinner and a pleasant conversation then off to check out some to the boys. He is presently in Chiang Mai but will return to Bangkok eventually and we will get together again. A nice guy who proved to be as interesting in person as in his posts.

  21. Started by stripfan,

    NFC Championship Game: Green Bay at Chicago

  22. Guest JamesWilson
    Started by Guest JamesWilson,

    Same-sex marriage celebrates 10 years Inside Toronto Joanna Lavoie Jan 21, 2011 First same-sex marriage ceremony a decade ago both dangerous and contentious Same-sex marriage celebrates 10 years. It's been 10 years since Riverdale residents Joe Varnell and Kevin Bourassa and Anne and Elaine Vautour of East York became the first two same-sex couples in the world to legally marry. On Friday, Jan. 14, the two couples returned to Metropolitan Community Church of Toronto (MCCT) at 115 Simpson Ave. in Riverdale for a special service and reception in honour of the 10th anniversary of that historic day. During the evening service, Varnell and Bourassa and the Vautours …

    • 0 replies
    • 789 views
  23. Shocking I tell you! Shocking! Keith Olbermann was MSNBC's most popular personality and single-handedly led its transformation to an outspoken, left-leaning cable news network in prime time. Despite that, he often seemed to be walking on a tightrope with his job. Friday night, it snapped. Olbermann returned from one last commercial break on "Countdown" to tell viewers it was his last broadcast, and read a James Thurber short story in a three-minute exit statement. Simultaneously, MSNBC e-mailed a statement that "MSNBC and Keith Olbermann have ended their contract." The network thanked him and said, "we wish him well in his future endeavors." Neither MSNBC President P…

  24. Started by TotallyOz,

    Here is the word for this week: fain \FEYN\, adverb: 1. Gladly; willingly. adjective: 1. Content; willing. 2. Archaic: Constrained; obliged. 3. Archaic: Desirous; eager. I saw Mark Antony offer him a crown; - yet 'twas not a crown neither, 'twas one of these coronets; - and, as I told you, he put it by once: but, for all that, to my thinking, he would fain have had it. -- William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar He would fain have ridden day and night, and grudged every halt for refreshment, so as almost to run the risk of making the men mutinous. -- Charlotte M. Yonge, A Chaplet of Pearls Fain has ancient roots in the Old English fæg, "happy."

  25. Who is watching this season of American Idol? I am. I like Jennifer Lopez on the show and the chemistry between the judges seems much better so far than in past seasons. I have not seen any fantastic talent jumping out at me but I hope that I will soon!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.