Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I've played late at night in the Bellagio poker room countless times. Walking around the casino at 4 or 5 in the morning there normally is not a lot of action. But it astounds me that a guy wearing a motorcycle helmet, holding a gun, and running through the casino after it was just robbed did not draw any attention. I know the area he was running in and its not a few feet ... this guy ran a fair distance. http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/high-price-heist-vegas-gunman-steals-1-5-million-23518823 BTW if you happen to have a $25,000. Bellagio chip you must cash it in by April 22nd.

  2. I just found this. It is pretty amazing. Data seems to be endless on the Internet! Here's the link: http://news.google.com/newspapers

  3. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    I really enjoyed his radio programs.He will be missed. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/30/arts/music/30taylor.html

  4. Started by Lucky,

    Can you imagine finishing up a long flight from Hong Kong to JFK in New York and then having to wait on the plane for 11 more hours? It happened thispast weekend. Here is a sample of the linked story: "The Port Authority said that at least 28 international flights were stuck on the tarmac with long delays. That included Cathay Pacific Flight 840 from Hong Kong, which arrived at 2:15 a.m. Tuesday and was not able to get to a gate until about 1 p.m., nearly 11 hours later, Mr. Coleman said. China Airlines Flight 12 from Taipei, which stopped over in Anchorage, arrived at Kennedy at 8:37 p.m. Tuesday and was not able to unload at a gate until 5:47 a.m. Wednesday, more than…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. I have been in Thailand a great deal this year and I think one of the reasons I really like it is that I have lots of American friends here. While that is not the main reason I am here, it is nice. When I travel to Brazil, I am often alone and don't know that many people and find that I hang out more with Brazilians than anyone. In thinking of a place to retire to and how I would like to live my life, I have decided that one criteria for a new place will be the availability of like minded American's to chat with. For those that plan to retire abroad, is this a major consideration for you or have you given it much thought? Several of you have been to Columbia, did …

  6. Started by Lucky,

    James Marsden makes a sexy appearance on the next episode of Modern Family:

    • 3 replies
    • 822 views
  7. Started by TotallyOz,

    LANSING -- Her face became synonymous with women's empowerment, and her death is the passing of an era. Geraldine Doyle of Lansing, whose face became the inspiration behind the iconic World War II image of "Rosie the Riveter," has died, according to her family. A memorial service is planned for 4 p.m., Jan. 8 at Tiffany Funeral Home, 3232 W. Saginaw St. " 'Rosie the Riveter' is the image of an independent woman who is control of her own destiny," said Gladys Beckwith, former director of the Michigan Women's Historical Center and Hall of Fame. "She was a gracious, beautiful woman. Her death is the end of an era, and we need to take note of that. We need to respect what s…

  8. http://www.tabloidheat.com/2010/12/a-brief-history-of-mark-wahlbergs-best-naked-and-shirtless-moments/

  9. Probably not on the mind of many here but one story that has made headlines in my part of the world is the case of Mikhail Pletnev. I know him and many of the people involved in this case. I have said since day 1 that he was not guilt of the charges but in Thailand, they normally try to get you to pay cash to not go to trial. He refused and fought the system. He finally won but his reputation has been destroyed in the process. Article: A Thai prosecutor's office has dropped a child molestation charge against acclaimed Russian pianist and conductor Mikhail Pletnev, Pletnev's lawyer said on Tuesday. "No charges will be brought against Pletnev anymore. All the legal …

  10. The below article would be great for those of us that travel a great deal. Article: After expanding its streaming service into Canada, it seems Netflix is looking elsewhere internationally to build its business. Speaking to the CBC last week, Netflix spokesman Steve Swasey said the company is "talking about other regions in the world." He went on to tell the publication that Netflix is planning to "continue our international expansion next year." He also told the CBC that the company will "allocate significant dollars to it." Even more potential evidence of Netflix expanding internationally was revealed today when AdWeek cited unnamed sources that claim Netflix is wo…

  11. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have a friend, my age or a bit older, that is considering moving to Atlanta. He went to see a few condos this last week and he liked a few and he made an offer on one. As I'll be visiting him, I'd like to know how the gay scene is in Atlanta? Also, for someone moving there, is it easy to get around? Public transportation? He looked at a place right downtown and said there was a metro that goes straight to the airport. It has been years since I was in Atlanta for a long stay and hope others can share some insight!

  12. Started by TotallyOz,

  13. Started by TotallyOz,

    I was riding around Palm Springs recently and thought I saw Lucky. Is this your car Lucky?

  14. Started by TotallyOz,

    It is the last Monday of 2010. I hope you all have a fantastic day and a great week!

  15. Started by TotallyOz,

  16. Started by TotallyOz,

    Antoine Dodson vs. the Bed Intruder Trololo The Rent Is Too Damn High! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4o-TeMHys0&feature=player_embedded Greyson Chance Sings "Paparazzi"

  17. Started by Lucky,

    Gawker today shows photos of Bush Field in Indianapolis, once home to the Indianapolis Indians minor league team, and now a decrepit graveyard for the cars taken in on the cash for clunkers program. Years and years ago, ok, well, I was 15, I was an usher at the park (then named Victory Stadium) for home games. I took fans in the fancy seats to their spots, wiped the seat off for them, and occasionally received a small tip on top of my $2 a night pay. I once even received a $2 tip! So take a look at the stadium as it is now, and get a glimpse of my past, a clunker now: http://jalopnik.com/5713098/the-baseball-stadium-turned-to-clunker-graveyard

  18. Guest StevenDraker
    Started by Guest StevenDraker,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDOO3FvGsZ4

  19. Started by TotallyOz,

    I just sat next to a guy on an airplane for 17 hours. He has businesses in Mexico, China, Thailand, and several other places. He says that the Mexican government is easy to work with and the cost to make the product is cheaper there than anywhere else for their firm. But, he said that he hated to go there even for a visit as all foreigners are targets and that he personally knows people who were kidnapped by their Taxi driver, in their hotels, etc. He says it is just not safe for people to visit and he said this was true for even the upscale beach areas. Does anyone travel there know this to be the case? Is it something that will go away with time?

  20. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Wishing everyone a very Happy Holiday.. Lurkerspeaks

    • 3 replies
    • 788 views
  21. Guest SmallTownJohn1
    Started by Guest SmallTownJohn1,

    Atlanta Lights to Disney Sounds Merry Christmas from Dark Mantle

  22. Started by KYTOP,

    Guy runs in speedo for several miles in freezing tempertures to raise money for a family that lost their child in a fire before Christmas. http://www.wlky.com/news/26268706/detail.html

  23. Started by Lucky,

    A London department store saw a dozen men in their undies shopping: http://www.hunkdujour.com/blog/archives/2010/12/aussiebum_boys_invade_selfridges_in_london.asp?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+hunkdujour+%28Hunk+du+Jour%29

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  24. Started by TotallyOz,

    Here is the word for this week: philter \FIL-ter\, noun: 1. A magic potion for any purpose. 2. A potion, charm, or drug supposed to cause the person taking it to fall in love, usually with some specific person. Tell me now, fairy as you are - can't you give me a charm, or a philter, or something of that sort, to make me a handsome man ? " -- Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre Mariamne had told him it was a love philter and promised a large reward if he would get me to drink it without my knowledge. -- Michel Tournier, Ralph Manheim, The Four Wise Men Philter originates from the Greek philtron, "love potion," which itself derives from the Greek philos "love of."

  25. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Take Care of the Things that Really Matter When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the golf balls and two glasses of wine. A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed it was. The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into open spaces between the golf balls. He then asked the students again…

    • 0 replies
    • 646 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.