Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by Lucky,

    Or is he just a cannibal? A Virginia man has lost his long battle to keep his license plate:

    • 2 replies
    • 878 views
  2. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    from aol news: Scottish singer-songwriter Gerry Rafferty died today after a long battle with alcoholism. Rafferty penned and performed a number of pop hits, including "Stuck in the Middle With You," which he recorded with his group Stealers Wheel in the early '70s. Solo success came with the songs "Baker Street" and "Right on Down the Line," both of which were featured on the 1978 album "City to City." Played by Raphael Ravenscroft, the distinctive saxophone melody in "Baker Street" came to epitomize the soft sound on stations across the FM dial, and the song, which is still a mainstay on radio, continued to earn Rafferty roughly $120,000 per year in royalties, the Guar…

    • 2 replies
    • 806 views
  3. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Weird how things change as I get older. When I was a kid I went to private school just outside of NYC. From time to time we would go see various plays in the city. Also, when my parents would come to visit me we would usually hit up a theater on or off Broadway as well. I really enjoyed this and do miss see live theater. Strangely I do not miss NYC and have no interest in visiting again. Maybe there is a theater in the Metroplex I guess I'll have to check into it. But I'm wondering can any "local" theater really match the quality of a NY production? Anybody have experience with their local play house?

    • 1 reply
    • 839 views
  4. Started by OneFinger,

    I currently use my local phone company for my ISP. But, lately, the quality of their service is lacking. Plus, I'm going to be splitting my work time between a couple of states. So, I'm considering getting rid of my phone company connection and going to a 4G air card that I could use at home and my work location. Any suggestions on air card services? I know several people at work that use Sprint which claims to provide unlimited usage for about $60 per month. My cell phone is with Verizon and I understand they also offer 4G but it is NOT unlimited. Would welcome any thoughts or suggestions for those that travel or use a wireless ISP. And, if I decide to go with a limit…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. Started by AdamSmith,

    This may not find too much constituency here but it struck me as interesting. The Lesbian Hugh Hefner Once a high-stakes lawyer, Jincey Lumpkin has recently made a name for herself as a successful lesbian pornographer. “My goal is to show real chemistry,” she tells Itay Hod... http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-12-18/lesbian-pornographer-jincey-lumpkin-finds-success-in-realism/?obref=obinsite

  6. Started by Lucky,

    Wednesday before Christmas and I start coughing, and now it is New year's Day and the cold still hasn't gone away. Right after Christmas the bf caught it, and he still has it. You'd think mother nature would know that I have things to do. (And I can't even spell holiday!)

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. Come one, come all. Happy Place bar in Pattaya!

  8. Guest StevenDraker
    Started by Guest StevenDraker,

    To all my friends, message board posters and lurkers here Happy New Year, frohes neues jahr, feliz año nuevo, bonne année, buon anno, boldog újévet, срећна нова година, честита нова година, с новым годом, 新年快乐 [/color]

  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KiFRAX1v9I

  10. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    The topic of religion always seems to generate impassioned posts. Over the week-end, BBC World aired a fascinating debate from Toronto on the subject of Religion as a Force for Good in the World. Taking part were Tony Blair, the ex-UK Prime Minister and a recent convert to Catholicism, and journalist, author and confirmed atheist, Christopher Hitchens, who happens to be suffering from terminal cancer. Hitchens is a provocative, articulate, sarcastic, often brilliant, out-of-the-box thinker. He totally washed the floor with Blair as indicated by the audience response and the voting at the end. Thanks to his wit, the debate was full of delicious moments. Typical was - …

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  11. Started by TotallyOz,

    We are almost at the end of the year and this forum had a name change to Lucky's Place this year in order to honor Lucky and his hard work to try to get the forum more active. I think he has done an excellent job and it is much appreciated. TY and I will reserve the right to change the name from time to time to honor someone or for any other reason but we have not decided on if we are going to change the name back to our old name or a new one. Lucky had one idea which I really liked which is to call it Hooboy's Place. Since Hoo was the founder of the escort review movement and his site is no longer in existence, I liked the idea to name it for him. Anyone else have…

  12. Started by TotallyOz,

    I went with a guy to night that was adorable. He was early 20's, very Emo looking and for a Thai guy, very light skinned. I like someone on a bit of the rough side so the first month he ignored me, peaked my interest. The next month, we smiled and this month we have chatted a little. Tonight, (after 3 months of hard work to get him to notice me) he went home with me. I was so excited and could not wait to have fun with him. But, he had the smallest dick I have ever seen. Well, not the smallest but I didn't know what to do with it. While I was not planning on him fucking me tonight, it would have been nice to be an option. For such a handsome, masculine young man, …

  13. Started by OneFinger,

    ...a Christmas Concert. Every year the Mormon Church puts on a Christmas concert in their +20,000 seat Conference Center. (That's over 80,000 in attendance!!) In addition to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, there is a guest vocalist and a guest narrator. Last year the guests were Natalie Cole and David McCullough. This year the guest artists were David Archuleta (whom I think is a closet gay) and Michael York. However, in an unprecedented gesture, the Mormon Church also hosted a number of gay activists at the concert. According to the local ABC television station: SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - In the spirit of the season, the LDS Church is reaching out to the gay com…

  14. Check out this link for details and directions. I have a friend that did this and they love it! http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1061967/

  15. Started by Lucky,

    Bedbugs. Tons of them. All over New York, infesting even the hoity-toity places. The Abercrombie boys, standing haughtily in their latest fashion, with Fitch boldly written on their itchy sweaters cannot get naked for fear of showing what they have- bites, and lots of them. Grinder and Manhunt are virtually shut down as New Yorkers refuse to visit apartments that might not be safe. Even church pews, long a place of refuge, can now harbor New York's latest scourge. Dare to go to confession these days? Do it over the phone, as Father doesn't want you bringing your bugs into his confessional. A towel offered at the gym? I don't think so. So, is it even safe to visit New Yo…

    • 23 replies
    • 2.8k views
  16. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I probably should have planned long before now but I kept putting it off. This year I do not feel like traveling. As most know I live in the DFW metroplex. Looking for ideas for NYE. All suggestions are welcomed.

  17. Started by TotallyOz,

    TY and I wanted to give a shout out to Lucky for the August Challenge and his encouragement to others to post. We have named the Pub in his honor for the remainder of 2010. We are lucky to have him on the site! Lucky's Place Named in honor of Lucky, one of our most ardent posters. Open to general topics not covered elsewhere. Share your comments, thoughts, questions, humor, photos, theatrical reviews (even poetry) with Lucky and others. Current events welcome. Please keep politics, religion and war topics in the Politics Forum.

  18. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Here's news everyone wants to hear. It seems there is a possibility - just a possibility - that ABBA will reunite for a one-off concert later this year.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
  19. 5. NAACP 4. SEIU 3. ACLU 2. The Department of Homeland Security 1. SPLC (Southern Poverty Law Center) http://www.examiner.com/religion-politics-in-wilmington/tea-party-nation-announces-top-5-liberal-hate-groups-conclusion

  20. Started by TotallyOz,

    A friend of mine is working with a new talent and sent me the link to his video. I wonder if Justin Beber has something to worry about?

  21. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Italy has become the first country in the EU to ban shops from using plastic bags from tomorrow. Some countries already make customers pay extra if they do not bring their own shopping bags (here in Asia Hong Kong is one), but Italy is the first to introduce a complete ban. Italians are estimated to use one fifth of all plastic bags handed out in the 27 EU countries http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/30/italian-shops-bin-plastic-bags What chance of this ban coming to Thailand?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
  22. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I thought it was a joke at first. Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John into the world when he was born via surrogate in California on Christmas Day Levon? Hmmm remember this of course you do. YIKES father time has not treated Elton or Levon well on this song. Sounds like a cross between Bruce Springsteen and Kenny Rogers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fgix5HXFTQ Stick with it Bill Clinton's in the audience

  23. Guest Oliver
    Started by Guest Oliver,

    I don't know whether this the appropriate place – I hope so. Anyway, I invite you to mark your calendars for March 19 and 20, 2011 for the 7th (Lucky, please correct if this is wrong) Annual Palm Springs Weekend. There will be a dinner (and perhaps a show) on Saturday the 19th, and a "pool event" at my rented condo in the afternoon of Sunday, the 20th. More details will be announced as they become available. In the meantime, I wish everyone a happy holiday season!

  24. Started by TampaYankee,

    The HuffPost has posted some amazing NatGeo photos over there. The one that most attracted my fancy is 'Supercell Thunderstorm' by Sean Heavy: For more click on the link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/29/national-geographic-photo-contest-2010_n_802060.html#216348

    • 3 replies
    • 867 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.