The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
When I first heard of this, I thought it seemed a silly invention. Isn't 3-D only for the movies? Well, today I got to try it at Costco and my mind changed. It's pretty cool. I think once you get used to it it might not be so cool, and then there is the question of which shows would benefit from it, but then... BTW- The TV brand that seems to be the one most returned is the Vizio brand. Every time I go to Costco someone is returning one.
-
- 7 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
Salt Lake City School District is poised to become the first district in the state to ban discrimination over sexual orientation. http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12714431 Although this proposed change does not provide protection for transgender individuals, I applaud this as a step in the correct direction.
-
- 11 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
It is difficult to know what the frogs are doing and why. I have to say that CO, like other American corporations, is fighting the situation with every thing they have and that does not include self revelation. It is a non-starter to charge a low level mechanic with fault when there is nothing to little to point directly to him. Please go for the top of the management if there is fault to lay. In the US there would be lots of civil lawsuits and very little accomplished, other than to pay out sums of money to the remaining families. I want my family, not dollars, so this is not sufficient but seemingly the American way of doing things. However, let me state that is i…
-
- 11 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
Had somebody asked me 20 years ago if we would ever see Tower Records or any mega chain close I would have asked them to share their drugs. We all know the reality now that downloads have put the record stores out of business .. which to me is a shame. I miss the days of spending an hour or so checking out all the cool new and old selections. Most recently we are seeing the final days of the DVD store. Blockbuster can barely open its doors and the mom and pop stores have vanished. Now I am feeling in the next several years bookstores will disappear too. Amazon and Barnes and Noble have both reported that downloads have outsold physical books the past several months. Wi…
-
- 19 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just bumping around learning the new Forum software, and discovered that I am a mere “member†and not an “advanced memberâ€, like many of my heroes on this Board. With my sixty-fourth birthday just a few months away, my member is feeling more advanced than ever before, so it seems an odd turn of events. So does anyone know what kinds of members we have here, and how high one can aspire? I would love one day to rise to the level of “esteemed member†or, dare I hope, “turgid memberâ€. Can anyone toss me a bone?
-
- 37 replies
- 8.1k views
-
-
Well today the head of the Marines, Army, and Air Force all speak against ending DADT: Military chiefs urge against ending gay ban Dec 3, 01:13 PM EST By Phil Stewart WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Military chiefs told the Senate on Friday they opposed ending the armed forces' ban on gays anytime soon, urging caution over President Barack Obama's effort to repeal the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy. "This is a bad time, senator," Marine Corps Commandant James Amos told a hearing of the Senate Armed Services Committee. "Based on what I know about the tough fight on the ground in Afghanistan ... my recommendation is that we should not implement repeal at this time." The disse…
-
- 11 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Calif. gay marriage ban focus of televised hearing SAN FRANCISCO – A federal appeals court is set to hear arguments on whether California's same-sex marriage ban is constitutional in a hearing to be televised nationally. The three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco will hear arguments Monday on Proposition 8. A trial court judge overturned the voter-approved ban as a violation of gay Californians' civil rights in August. The panel will first consider if the group that put the measure on the ballot is eligible to appeal since its members aren't responsible for enforcing marriage laws. Outgoing Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Attorney …
-
- 0 replies
- 676 views
-
-
My favorite Democrat (other than Dennis Kucinich) says that the Secretary of State is most likely her last position in public office. Most likely. From NPR: Hillary Clinton, who for a time in 2007 and 2008 looked like she would be the first woman to be the presidential nominee of one of the two major political parties, indicated Friday that her current job as the U.S.' chief diplomat would likely be her last public post. She made the statement while answering a student's question during an official visit to Manama, Bahrain. Reuters reported: `I think I'll serve as secretary of state as my last public position and then probably go back to advocacy work, particular…
-
- 8 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Cable company profits have been dropping as more people are opting for alternatives and personally I am a big fan of alternatives in this area. I feel cable companies have been raping us for years price-wise and lack of customer service. Kind of ma-bell before the break up. Its nice to have options I finally did it. I canceled my cable service. I know watch most everything online or on my HDTV via my computer with the HDMI out source. Basically I'm saving $120. x month plus the frustration dealing with the cable fuck up once a month or so. Now I should mention I do not normally watch much TV. Aside from football, news and a handful of shows its rare I would even turn …
-
- 6 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'll give you the synopsis from Netflix, along with the recommendation of the bf and me. It's violent, with cute guys, full nudity, and, of course, true love: (Wayne Virgo and Tom Bott are the real hot ones in the movie.) 2009UR 89 minutes Though gang member Cal (Wayne Virgo) hides his sexuality, he secretly yearns for fellow thug Jonno (Tom Bott). But after Cal saves Olivier (Marc Laurent), the victim of a gay-bashing by the gang, he embarks on a tender romance with the gentle student. Now the gang's manipulative leader, Nessa (Alice Payne), is out for revenge. Simon Pearce makes his directorial debut with this gritty British drama. Cast: Wayne Virgo, Marc Laure…
-
- 9 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
http://funstufftosee.com/frogleaptest.html This is a Chinese second grade computer class test.
-
http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/selling-laziness-turns-into-big-business-23297216 I cannot post the clip here but check it out.
-
OZ Wrote: Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:01 AM TY and I wanted to give a shout out to Lucky for the August Challenge and his encouragement to others to post. We have named the Pub in his honor for the remainder of 2010. We are lucky to have him on the site! -------------------- I understand it was originally meant to recognize Lucky's efforts for turning around the forums. However at this point it has also taken on its own personality .. I like the name it does not sound so generic like the "pub" did. As 2010 winds down, and if we have a say, I am for keeping the name and removing the pinned thread already Anybody object to this?
-
- 1 reply
- 700 views
-
-
So, what do you think about NASA discovering a new arsenic rather than carbon based life form? Anyone worried that there is a planet out there populated with arsenic dragons?
-
- 9 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
The World's Top Retirement Havens For 2011 by Kathleen Peddicord Monday, November 22, 2010 Provided by As we move toward the start of the new year, it's time to take a look at the world map to identify the world's top retirement havens for 2011. Depending on the size of your retirement budget, here's where you should be looking to realize the adventure-filled retirement of your dreams. Super Affordable 1. Nicaragua -- specifically Leon, Granada, and San Juan del Sur. Nicaragua is more attractive than ever for one important reason: It's a super cheap place to live. I've been a fan of this misunderstood country since my first visit nearly 20 years ago. Property v…
-
- 15 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
It looks like the clean up of Rio in anticipation of the Olympics and the World Cup have begun. I have no doubt promises were made to the committees who award those events that a clean up of the flavella's were guaranteed. Here it starts! BCC: The army in Brazil is to take on peacekeeping duties in the poor areas of Rio de Janeiro, which saw a week-long stand-off between security forces and drug dealers last month. Soldiers will patrol the Alemao and Penha districts to ensure hundreds of drug traffickers who had made the areas their stronghold would not return. Security forces arrested more than 100 people during their sweep of the area. It will be the army's first…
-
- 2 replies
- 643 views
- 1 follower
-
-
MySpace just revamped its entire site. I really like it and think it is a drastic improvement. I haven't spent much time there over the past few years as Facebook took all my extra time. But, I'm willing to go back to MySpace to see what other improvements they are going to make. http://www.myspace.com/ http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/106899829
-
- 2 replies
- 940 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I love Firefox but have been using Chrome a bit now and again to see what it does. I like it. It is faster than Firefox but still has a long way to go to catch up IMHO. There is a new Chrome Event on Dec 7. From Wired: You may be able to buy your nieces and nephews some Chrome apps for the holidays this year. We just received this invitation from Google to attend a Chrome-centric event Tuesday. It arrived in our e-mail inboxes early Friday afternoon. Our guess is this will mark the public debut of the much-anticipated Chrome Store — Google’s directory where users can browse and install Chrome extensions, web apps and downloadable apps that run in the browser. The …
-
- 1 reply
- 697 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Pierre Fitch is the star of a new documentary a preview can be seen here. I was watching and enjoying this young mans lust for life till he melted down. He was asked to sit on a older mans lap naked and after doing so that flipped him out. The request came from an unnamed famous photographer as part of a photo shoot. According to Peter he does not need to degrade himself by sitting on a old farts lap. He felt it was sick and disgusting. He also went on to say it was gross being around a fifty year old man who looked like Santa Claus. I wonder how many escorts feel the same way? But aside from that I wonder how many guys here think Pierre is a bit of a flamer who needs …
-
- 16 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
- 2 replies
- 753 views
- 1 follower
-
-
The new A380 First Class looks amazing. http://www.emirates.com/english/flying/our_fleet/emirates_a380/first_class/first_class.aspx
-
- 26 replies
- 3.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I was a bit surprised by the FIFA's decision on the next 2 hosts after Brazil for the World Cup. This is the most prestigious event in Sports. Congrats to Russia and Qatar. From CNN: Russia and Qatar will host soccer's biggest tournament, the FIFA World Cup, for the first time in 2018 and 2022 respectively. Russia headed off 1966 host England and joint presentations from Spain-Portugal and Holland-Belgium in Thursday's vote at FIFA headquarters in Switzerland. Qatar won the right to host the 2022 tournament ahead of bids from the United States, South Korea, Japan and Australia. Russian prime minister Vladimir Putin decided against attending the ceremony in Zurich, …
-
- 4 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I know many that use this service. It is a good program but it closing in a few months. If you have XMarks on your computer, you need to prepare other options. http://blog.xmarks.com/
-
- 5 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I found this article about Canadian Healthcare in the Montreal Newspaper very interesting. Now maybe I can understand people's concern about rationing healthcare and fear of the same thing happening here. I knew Canada limits the number of doctors and testing equipment like CT scanners but this was enlightening. Looks like if you got the bucks you can get the care there? http://www.montrealgazette.com/health/Want+fast+care+Slip+some+cash/3892737/story.html
-
- 32 replies
- 4.4k views
-