The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
1 USD = 1.0669 CAD (Nightly Business Report 8/8/08). Montreal lap dances are now on sale! Well, every little bit helps...
-
- 5 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
Are Pride events becoming too corporate? Here is a group in Montreal that is trying to buck the trend... http://www.xtra.ca/public/viewstory.aspx?A...B_TEMPLATE_ID=1 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Pervers/Cite wants you to be 'more drunk, less married' PRIDE / Montreal's alt-Pride opposes gay assimilation Preet Bhogal / Xtra.ca / Tuesday, August 05, 2008 Pride in Montreal is one of the biggest parties in North America, and every year the Divers/Cite festival pulls out all the stops. The party shuts down streets with outdoor concerts, drag shows and all-day dance parties. But clubs jack up their cover prices, and o…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Intriguing viewpoint from a new column in The Nation... The Shadow of His Smile Carnal Knowledge by JOANN WYPIJEWSKI In politics as in pop, legions of little girls jumping out of their panties can't be wrong. That's the vital lesson so far of Election '08. I watched a throng of them in November 2006, teenagers in their short skirts and breathlessness, jumping and jittering, hands to cheeks, screaming for Barack Obama. White and black, they crowded to the front of a rally for Jim Webb in the onetime capital of the Confederacy, Richmond, Virginia. Jim who? One of the white girls awkwardly told me that she didn't really know anything about the beet-faced warrior for the …
-
- 5 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
I have been in a spa for 2 weeks that is majority veggan. We do get some fish once a week and chicken once a week but we kind of demand it. The staff is all veggan. I have been pretty much off meat and beef totally for 2 weeks. My body feels great and my skin is better. But, I find I fart all the time now. Is this a result of the diet or just the detox of the body? Any vegetarians out there who care to share some feedback?
-
- 5 replies
- 2.1k views
-
-
Hard to fall in love with a money boy but it happens. When you see him your heart melts and your skin just glows. I met a guy that really does make me sing songs when I see him. I am not sure how long it will last but so far we have been spending a great deal of time together and things only get better. I am pretty shy and subdued sexually (contrary to what most thing) but we went to a movie together last week and we got VIP seats for 2. The staff brought us in a blanket and we sat to watch the movie. We held hands and kissed a bit but watched the movie. Suddenly, I felt my zipper undone and his month on my cock giving me amazing head. He took it all in and swallowe…
-
- 9 replies
- 2.3k views
-
-
A rope from his neck to his privates, a sex toy in his shoes and Meth in his pockets... Can someome explain what CNN's Richard Quest was up to in Central Park at 3:40 a.m.? http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world...86908-20389939/
-
- 1 reply
- 1.4k views
-
-
Once same-sex marriage gained legal standing in one state, I had expected that the Constitution's full-faith-and-credit clause would be the mechanism by which legal recognition and then, with hope, public acceptance would eventually spread to other states. I still do have faith that DOMA will, sooner or later, be found unconstitutional on full-faith-and-credit grounds. But here's a second possible avenue, which I had not heard about before. The Case for a Right of Marriage Recognition: Why Fourteenth Amendment Due Process Should Protect Same-Sex Couples Who Change States By STEVE SANDERS Wednesday, Jul. 9, 2008 Imagine a world where your marital status changed when …
-
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
well, not exactly, but just the same, my day sucked! With my Dell Laptop quite long in the tooth, living in constant concern that it might go belly-up at any moment, I jumped on an EL Cheapo Best Buy best buy -- fancy (for me) new Compaq laptop with AMD Turion Dual Core fancy schmancy processor, 3GB RAM, 200GB HD, full up DVD/CD Drive (short of BluRay capable), Nvidia GeForce 800M video card, and complete with power supply, battery, and polishing cloth -- $499 + shipping. Bought it Sunday. Arrived on Wednesday and stepped over it, in its UPS box, until Saturday afternoon when I opened the shipping box, and the computer box and verified all parts were therein: the co…
-
- 7 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
No one has mentioned this yet... In 3m Springboard and 10m Platform Diving competition, Australian Diver Matt Mitcham will be competing and has a very good shot at medaling, if not the gold itself....oh, and he is openly gay! I'll be hugely interested to see how the talking heads over at NBC handle his "profile" if they even acknowledge him at all (will they mention if his partner was able to be in attendance during what is surely Matts biggest event so far?) Here is one article on Matt: http://www.metroweekly.com/gauge/last_word...ian-olympi.html
-
TLA releasing has sprung for a full page ad in the IN Magazine LA for its one week gay film festival. It's going to be at the Sunset Laemmle 5 in West Hollywood and will feature 6 different films. Bangkok Love Story is one that might appeal to me, except that in the promo only one of the boys looks very cute. Also featured are movies called Boystown, 3-Day Weekend, Dog Tags, I Dreamed Under the Water (probably a Cheney waterboarding fantasy!)and a movie about Jack Wrangler. SO, if one wanted to drive in from Palm springs but couldn't spend the whole week there, how does one find out when the movies of interest are playing? TLA links to the Laemmle site, but there the m…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Interesting article about MSM activity in the Canadian military... http://www.xtra.ca/public/viewstory.aspx?A...B_TEMPLATE_ID=2 What do you think. Will the open acceptance of gays in the US military lead to (more) of this kind of activity?
-
Thought you guys might be interested: Club stock in Montreal is offering a free live internet feed tonight from 10:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. in honor of its fifth anniversary! Looks like it will be a lot of fun. I intend to pour a glass of Merlot and enjoy it. Web links below: web page: http://www.nudemaledancers.com/index-2008.html free trailer: http://www.stockbar.ca/stock/html/trailer5thanniversary.html
-
Hello, This is my first post. I have been reading the posts for awhile getting a feel for the place. I am new to hiring an escort. It has always been a fantasy of mine. I have been doing alot of reading of ads, posts, and reviews. It seems to me there is alot of conflicting ways of doing things. I do understand this is an individual based business and so there are a hundred and one ways to run your business. Some examples I have noticed that some say it is bad if the escort asks for the money up front. I have also heard that you should have the money laid out in plain sight so that all parties can see it. It might be helpful if for new people to the escorting scene…
-
Has the policy referred to in other posts actually been adopted by management? Isn't this to the detriment of those who don't like it? Couldn't other ways be developed to implement the same policies without the addenda causing the dismay? In other words, do we have to endure a policy which may not have the universal support of those who may come across it? Surely there is not a "one size fits all" mentality being employed in the original thread? When one consders the various number of personalities that come here, not to mention the sock puppets occasionally employed in the guise of member dissent, one has to conclude that the policy being mentioned was not brought to f…
-
- 8 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
"Gulag Archipelago" Author Dies In Russia (AP) Alexander Solzhenitsyn, the Nobel Prize-winning author whose books chronicled the horrors of the Soviet gulag system, has died of heart failure, his son said Monday. He was 89. Stepan Solzhenitsyn told The Associated Press his father died late Sunday, but declined further comment. Solzhenitsyn's unflinching accounts of torment and survival in the Soviet Union's slave labor camps riveted his countrymen, whose secret history he exposed. They earned him 20 years of bitter exile, but international renown. And they inspired millions, perhaps, with the knowledge that one person's courage and integrity could, in …
-
- 0 replies
- 2k views
-
-
Morgan Freeman Hospitalized after Car Wreck (CNN) -- Oscar-winning actor Morgan Freeman was in serious condition but in "good spirits" at a Tennessee hospital after being involved in a car wreck in northern Mississippi Sunday night, his business partner said. Freeman, 71, broke his left upper arm and suffered several other fractures and neck and shoulder injuries in the wreck, said Bill Luckett, an attorney from Clarksdale, Mississippi. A woman who also was in the car was taken to the same hospital, said Angie Underwood, a spokeswoman for the Mississippi Highway Patrol. No information on her condition was released. Freeman could have surgery as early a…
-
- 0 replies
- 2k views
-
-
Bringing it Back old school! I will be there-hope some of you can make it also http://partywithbrandon.blogspot.com/2008/...numbers-on.html Kudos to the new owner for reaching out to Brandon Baker to make this happen=and of course a big tip of the "pimp hat"to the wonderful Brandon Baker for working so hard to give us the wonderful events he organizes
-
- 0 replies
- 778 views
-
-
Yesterday I posted the following in the "Content and Reviews..." thread in the Buffet here. Apologies for repeating myself (double-posting an item -- an online no-no!) but the point seems important enough to merit its own topic. Sock puppetry - the use of fake online identities, often multiple identities registered by a single individual, "to praise, defend or create the illusion of support for one's self, allies or ideas." http://www.futuremelbourne.com.au/wiki/vie...BasicNetiquette A sock puppet, in Internet parlance, is a false Internet identity created for deceptive purposes... A pseudonymous identity is not the same as a false identity. In most online communities,…
-
Apropos of even less than usual, this site... http://cyborg.namedecoder.com/ ...informs me that my Cyborg name would be: A.D.A.M.S.M.I.T.H.: Artificial Digital Android Manufactured for Sabotage, Masterful Infiltration and Thorough Harm Isn't that useful? It also suggests... T.O.T.A.L.L.Y.O.Z.: Transforming Organism Trained for Accurate Learning, Logical Yelling and Online Zoology T.A.M.P.A.Y.A.N.K.E. (names can only be 10 letters long): Transforming Artificial Machine Programmed for Accurate Yelling, Adept Nullification and Kamikaze Exploration S.T.U.C.O.T.T.S.: Synthetic Transforming Unit Calibrated for Online Troubleshooting and Thorough Sabotage L.U.C.K.Y.: …
-
It used to be that the escort's name and city invariably appeared under each photo. Now the city is more hit-and-miss. New policy? I note a comment about Rafael Alencar, fully deserved, at the head of my review. Is this going to be the case for all reviewed escorts? Some of them? Only the ones who inspire exclamations? I ask only out of curiosity. No big deal if you answer at your leisure.
-
I recently discovered the Showtime series Weeds. The show is kind of silly but it offers some delicious eye candy in the form of young actor Hunter Parrish who usually appears in each episode in some sort of a shirtless tease. He’s definitely easy on the eyes. For hopelessly incurable voyeurs like me it’s worth checking out. Here are a few samples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L9ZrFE5Kr8 http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/b...bctid1681717904
-
- 6 replies
- 1.9k views
-
-
I couldn't have made this up: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/31/sports/o...rts/31ears.html?
-
Attended a very private pre-opening party of this store last week...guys were easily snatching up 500 dollar shirts and jeans, and those 1100 dollar leather messenger bags were also quite popular- I'm still trying to convince my date that nite to give his SECOND messenger bag to me in exchange for...umm... Gas prices ARE dropping, so i guess discretionary income is back! http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...001&sc=1000
-
I appreciated the ability to edit posts. However, I think there should be a time limit. Being able to delete one's posts days later sort of destroys the continuity of the thread. IMO
-
- 7 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
Mostly for TY- Tried to email you via the mail program here- the screen just stayed blank white, so only thru the forums am i able to communicate with ya...was going to ask if you had seen my response and suggestions/questions in the Improving MER thread that OZ started. I noticed you have responded to other posts in other threads since i posted over in that thread. (Ironically, one of the suggestions i made was to junk said MERmessage system- i think anything else chosen would be an upgrade!)
-
- 1 reply
- 993 views
-