Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest slackersam
    Started by Guest slackersam,

    When I read that Barney Frank is begging the Republican leadership to accept a Bush policy proposal it makes me feel like I"m in Alice in Wonderland.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
  2. Guest slackersam
    Started by Guest slackersam,

    Anyone else want to call "Bullshit" on McCain's latest campaign stunt? The dude has admitted that he does not understand economics - so how the fuck is him flying back to washington supposed to help fix the economy? What an asshat dochnozzle.

    • 7 replies
    • 2.9k views
  3. This will be the annual wild ride in San Francisco. Lots of working boys(Including Hottie Rock&Roller Ace from Las Vegas)will be there for the kink/sleeze/debauchery filled weekend. Hope to get some reports back from MERmen that attend the festivities.

    • 6 replies
    • 1.8k views
  4. Started by TotallyOz,

    I loved Clay on Idol and hope that the reports that he is coming out is true. He would be a good role model for many. LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - After years of dodging questions, former "American Idol" singer Clay Aiken will acknowledge he is a gay man in an interview with People magazine set to run on its Web site Wednesday, according to media reports. Celebrity site Perezhilton.com on Tuesday published a photo of the cover of People magazine's upcoming issue on which Aiken cradles his new son, Parker Foster Aiken, in his arms. The caption reads "Yes, I'm Gay," and underneath is a quote from Aiken on his decision to come out of the closet that says: "I cannot raise a …

  5. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    Deleting this. Discovered that the site I found the item on is full of shit.

  6. Guest BewareofNick
    Started by Guest BewareofNick,

    In the Jasper thread, reference was made to ChicagoBoy passing away? Is this true?? He was Budd Foxx? I'm a little sad right now.

    • 0 replies
    • 776 views
  7. Started by TotallyOz,

    It looks like several automakers are going for the Green market. It is about time! http://news.cnet.com/8301-11128_3-10048704...ag=2547-1_3-0-5

  8. Started by TotallyOz,

    With the USA's attention for many years on war instead of peace, we have forsaken Russian and the developing democracy there. We made a choice to put the money from the US Government toward that of war in the Middle East. We should have put as much or more into developing closer ties and a closer relationship with Russia. The decisions made in the past make come back to haunt us. http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas...a.ap/index.html It seems the Russian Navy is sending some ships with joint maneuvers to Venezuela. This is in response to the USA sending ships to Georgia for aid. Whose nuke is the biggest is not the real questions but who is willing to use it …

  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    It is getting close. Only 45 days left. The fate of the USA for generations to come may be decided on this day. My prediction stands: I think Obama will win the popular vote but McCain will win the Electoral vote.

  10. Started by Lucky,

    Now that September is half-gone, some might like to mark their calendar for a trip to Palm Springs in February, where it will at least be a little bit warmer than most points north. This will be the Fifth consecutive year we will have our Palm Springs (H--ville) Theater Weekend. On February 7th, we will have a dinner at a local restaurant and then see Damn Yankees at the local amateur playhouse. On Sunday, Oliver will hold his annual Pool party with naked boys in the hot tub. At least some get naked, and one got nice and hard last year, so plan on coming. We moved the weekend up from its traditional Presidents Day weekend to accommodate Townsend P. Locke and others who…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    He's been around for a long time and now plays one of the agency biggies on Mad Men. When he was younger I thought his looks were OK, but nothing to write home about. Suddenly, I discovered him all silver-haired and handsome on Desperate Housewives. In his present role he looks better in every episode. He doesn't look like he's had his face hauled up. What could be his secret? It's getting increasingly urgent for me to find out.

    • 0 replies
    • 673 views
  12. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    There was a story in the New York Times the other day (I'd link to it but you need a password to look at the Times) saying that there is a problem in California democratic circles. They have a ballot initiative to alter the constitution to make same sex marriage legal. Some people in California are worried about it, because they think that Obama will bring out large numbers of new black voters - and they are convinced that the black voters will be anti gay. Anyone have any idea why California blacks would be against gay marriage? Do they have something against the The Cock?

  13. Guest Conway
    Started by Guest Conway,

    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=08...;show_article=1 Interesting article. Though we have not yet technically met the definition of a recession, it seems obvious to me that, for the past 24 months, we have been inching toward it through the housing crisis and the subsequent and/or pending failure of a number of large investment banks and insurance companies. The commercial banking sector seems to be less affected than it was in the crisis of 89-92 of the Great Depression for that matter. The number of banks that have failed in the last 12 months is only a small fraction of those that failed in '92. The collapse of Lehman and its expected Bankruptcy; the pending …

  14. Guest slackersam
    Started by Guest slackersam,

    Anyone have any sense if this California proposition to amend their constitution to prohibit gay marriage is going to pass? I'm an East Coast boy, so I have no sense of Cali politics - except that I'm terrified of any populace that could elect both Moonbeam Brown and The Terminator.

    • 2 replies
    • 2k views
  15. Guest mineallmine
    Started by Guest mineallmine,

    Hey there, I was trying to figure out the quote button and how it worked. I can reply to a post and it quote the whole thing. But I can not figure out how to divide it up into individual chunks and reply to just those chunks. The quote button only seems to turn red and blue for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. J.

  16. Started by TotallyOz,

    OK. OK. I know this is goofy but I was a big fan of the original series and this one is amazing. I love the new car and all the new features. While the lead actor is hot, is not the same object of my desire that the original one was. I do love his tats and think that the clothes off scene in the first episode was hot. All in all though, a fun show to see!

  17. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    Hello All-I have been out of touch for a few weeks(computer broke down and out of town without a private setup)but am back home and back online on a new puter with a massive moniter-and working on a better ISP service. A few things are in the works and I will post seperate annocements on them but just a rundown; 1)Folsom Street Fair is this weekend in San Francisco.Lots of escorts will be in SF for this event.Good time for those of you with an itch to scratch if you have some fetishes or kinks you would like to explore 2)New night at Numbers in WeHo-thursday night is now a special night at Numbers with drink specials and a reduced price bar menu. 3)Rentboy.com night…

  18. I don't remember a time without my cellphone. How was it possible? It has really changed the way we all work, live and communicate. Here is an interesting article on cell phone usage: Children and teenagers are five times more likely to get brain cancer if they use mobile phones, startling new research indicates. The study, experts say, raises fears that today's young people may suffer an "epidemic" of the disease in later life. At least nine out of 10 British 16-year-olds have their own handset, as do more than 40 per cent of primary schoolchildren. Yet investigating dangers to the young has been omitted from a massive £3.1m British investigation of the risks of c…

  19. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    This one is written and acted with such wit that I'm sorry to see it go. Everybody in it is good. The center of attention is the leading man, a kind of guy who's too good to exist in nature. Jeffrey Donovan makes it all work by bringing impressive acting chops, intelligence and irony to the role. He has those qualities in common with Michael C. Hall, plus the one of being a sizzling hottie. http://www.usanetwork.com/series/burnnotice/

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  20. Started by KYTOP,

    Well my travels have been limited this year which makes me even more excited to be returning to Montreal for a few days. I have always loved Montreal and I feel so comfortable there, almost like a second home. If any of my friends will be there when I am drop me a line.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  21. Started by AdamSmith,

    Spoiler alert: This post, like the Gilligan's Island one, is woefully unrelated to current events. Corpse flower looks phallic and stinks Even though the phallic shape may stir certain thoughts, you wouldn't give this flower to someone with hopes of setting a romantic mood: The bloom of Amorphophallus titanum gives off a stench along the lines of rotting flesh or an outhouse in sweltering heat. The smell repels all but the bravest humans, but attracts pollinators such as flesh-eating beetles and sweat bees. The bloom lasts for less than 72 hours and then the stench dissipates. Amorphophallus titanum, which translates to "giant shapeless phallus," can be found in tropi…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
  22. Started by Lucky,

    So if your tv power goes out, do you have a book or two to read? One might think the Pub was turned over to promoters for the fall season. I just read Curtis Sittenfeld's new novel called American Wife. It's supposed to be the disguised story of Laura Bush. Don't rush to read it as it doesn't get interesting until page 433. Next is Christopher Buckley's novel called Supreme Courtship, to be followed by Ian Rankin's Exit Music. I like the Edinburgh settings as the city seems so picturesque, but the reality is much uglier. I'm still watching the Yankees on Extra Innings, but they aren't going to the playoffs this year so much of the excitement is gone. Occasionally I che…

  23. Guest GaySacGuy
    Started by Guest GaySacGuy,

    If you interested in seeing what hackers got out of Palin's e-mail account, follow the following link. They even have her contact list! http://www.wikileaks.org/wiki/VP_contender...ah_Palin_hacked

    • 1 reply
    • 1.9k views
  24. Started by AdamSmith,

    Time's cruel ravages visit us all. Ginger then... ...and now... Some more here... http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/memba_them_2008#9634

  25. Started by TampaYankee,

    For those considering... Special Offer from Hotel Omni Mont-Royal: $92 -- Montreal 4-Diamond Hotel at 50% OFF* Montréal, Québec Top 20 deal - sells out quickly! Travel dates: November-December; +$20 Oct. 8-31 http://hotels.travelzoo.com/lodging-hotels...ium=email_top20 This is a good Priceline-equivalent-deal for this hotel. Great hotel.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.