Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by TotallyOz,

    For those of you that love the Imacs but can't seem to be able to get them back and forth on planes, I have a solution for you that has worked great for me. First, I really wanted the IMac 24 inch as it has a great screen and it makes it easy for me to see and use. It is also 110-220 electricity voltage which allows me to travel to different countries and not blow the computer. It will also allow me to run Parallels which lets me run both the Mac OS and the Windows XP at the same time. The Imac is an amazing machine but traveling with it is a real pain in the ass and for the life of me I could not figure out how to do it as every Mac store rep I talked to said it was…

    • 0 replies
    • 853 views
  2. Started by AdamSmith,

    ...Schoolgirl porn, bukkake, now this! Japan's Booming Sex Niche: Elder Porn Besides his glowing complexion, Shigeo Tokuda looks like any other 74-year-old man in Japan. Despite suffering a heart attack three years ago, the lifelong salaryman now feels healthier, and lives happily with his wife and a daughter in downtown Tokyo. He is, of course, more physically active than most retirees, but that's because he's kept his part-time job — as a porn star... http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8...00.html?cnn=yes

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Guest noy9000
    Started by Guest noy9000,

    I'm in a some sh*thole now, and am hoping to ask folks here who have more experience than me. 1.What happens when the police is aware that you're working without the valid documents in Thailand? 2. Currently own a Single entry Non-immigrant visa (2 days old), can it help in anyway? It's not the work permit, but the investment sponsor visa (from lawyers co.), 3. If someone (or a group of people who wish me harm *wasn't a nice person when i want people to return theis loan to me) makes a police report against me, should i wake in to talk to the police, or look for a lawyer, than go to the police station with the lawyer? (sorry if the posting appears in a weird format, i'…

    • 1 reply
    • 2.4k views
  4. Started by TotallyOz,

    If you are a points guy like me, you love the free upgrades that hotels give when you are a priority member. Marriott is offering one to join up with them. All you need to do is go to the link below and sign up for the rewards program and give them your KLM number. I used my NWA one and it worked but if you want t follow the letter of the rule, use your KLM and once Gold, you can always revert back to NWA. Your Marriott will be upgraded to Gold. I have friends that have done this and it was instant. If you are already a Marriott member, you may go ahead and get another account or you can simply try to merge the two. The later works for some but not for others. I have fri…

    • 0 replies
    • 903 views
  5. Started by TotallyOz,

    I was staying at a hotel recently and the housekeeper left me a note. It said. Dear Mr. Oz, I saw that 6 dollars was in the bathroom area and I thought this may be a tip for me. I really do appreciate it but if that was not your intention, I'll be around tomorrow. I was floored. I copied the hand written note, told the manager I wanted my money back. It was not the 6 dollars but the thought itself and I forbid anyone at the hotel from ever entering my room. What would you have done?

    • 9 replies
    • 2.4k views
  6. Guest Conway
    Started by Guest Conway,

    Someone posted this article on the other site. Specifically, it references the decline of the gay ghetto in Minneapolis. http://www.mndaily.com/articles/2008/06/11/72167283 It loads slowly, FYI. In my six years in Chicago and my previous ten in New York, I have now witnessed the decline of three legitimate gay ghettos. First was the West Village, then as it began its decline as a gay neighborhood, it seems that Chelsea sprung up and gentrified almost overnight. When I left the city in 2002, many of my friends who had called the West Village and Chelsea home had begun to leave for Hell's Kitchen. I'm not sure if it ever developed as the next gay ghetto. When I move…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  7. Guest Conway
    Started by Guest Conway,

    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/15/us/15mar...jdDLT3B1rQOkQIg An interesting article to say the least.

    • 0 replies
    • 713 views
  8. Guest Anton
    Started by Guest Anton,

    Hi all, I found an interesting offer and I wonder if it could be interesting for those who travel a lot abroad. Major characteristics of the offer I found : - You receive free calls in the countries listed - Calls you make are from € 0,50 to € 0,33 a minute - No monthly fee - You get a new simm card that you slide into your phone - With that simm card, your phone has a new cell number You will need a phone that accepts simm cards, and the phone has to be simm-lock free. T-mobile and AT&T provide phones that accept simm cards. Then you'll have to make the phone simm-lock free, but there are a number of companies who can do that for you for $50 or less …

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    What a wonderful day this will be. As the old saying goes, As California goes, so goes the nation. Well, I hope this works the same way. I for one am very excited to see this happen and if I were the monogamous type, I would be in line for this. Since I am not, I think I'll celebrate it with a few friends in a huge orgy. Is anyone out there playing on partaking in this day? Do you think this will once again galvanize voters to turn out this fall? Will it be the same thing all over again or do you think we have grown as a nation?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.7k views
  10. (Seattle, Washington) Most of the time, a kiss is just a kiss in the stands at Seattle Mariners games. The crowd hardly even pays attention when fans smooch. But then last week, a lesbian complained that an usher at Safeco Field asked her to stop kissing her date because it was making another fan uncomfortable. The incident has exploded on local TV, on talk radio and in the blogosphere and has touched off a debate over public displays of affection in generally gay-friendly Seattle. "Certain individuals have not yet caught up. Those people see a gay or lesbian couple and they stare or say something," said Josh Friedes of Equal Rights Washington. "This is one of the chal…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. Started by TotallyOz,

    Looks like Obama will get the nomination and it appears he has the delegates needed. As a die hard Clinton fan, I am now at a crossroad. I am not angry in the least. I also don't know that I can cast my vote for Obama. I have not voted Republican my entire adult life. I am not sure I can vote for McCain. Stay at home? I have never done that. Perhaps this will be my first time to cast a non vote. Yes, I am a bad democrat and a bad liberal.

    • 12 replies
    • 3.3k views
  12. Guest StevenDraker
    Started by Guest StevenDraker,

    First of all I need to thank TotallyOz for the excellent diary that convinced me to join next year's LifeCycle. I'll be doing the Ride with a close friend of mine from Belgium and this will be my first time. On November 1st, I started my training program for next year's AIDS/Life Cycle 7 from San Francisco to Los Angeles which will take place from June 1-7 2008. I'll be riding 545 miles through beautiful California. In preparation to that I'm hitting the gym daily with an intensive cardiovascular program for one hour. I'm also starting my fundraising campaign. My goal is to raise $2500 in donations. All donations are secure and go directly to the San Francisco AIDS Foun…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.7k views
  13. Started by TotallyOz,

    As the summer travel months are in full force, the price of gas just keeps on increasing. In many parts of the country it is 4.00 USD a gallon. Some analysis's predict it will top 5 before year's end. Continental is the latest airline to cut costs because of sky rocketing fuel prices. It says it will cut 3,000 jobs from its 45,000 employee roster. Food prices keep going up as most items are linked to trucks getting food to the shelves. I recently tried to get a package shipped from California to friends in Michigan and the costs were crazy expensive. They said they had increased 20 percent in the last 2 months. I spoke to my cousin who is a 18 wheel trucker wh…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.9k views
  14. Started by OneFinger,

    I've always enjoyed the log-on page that shows Latest Escorts Reviews, Top 10 Profiles, and featured escorts. But, I just noticed that the featured section is entitled "Featured Person". What's with that?!?! Are we just trying to be politically correct? Is Male Escort Review planning to start featuring women or transgendered people? I'm all for inclusion. But, it frustrates me when organizations and websites feel they have to be politically correct. Anyone else puzzled by the title? P.S. I'm not complaining - just observing.

    • 11 replies
    • 3k views
  15. Started by TotallyOz,

    What positions has he taken? What is his political agenda for gays? What groups has he met with? Anyone know? Both he and Hillary said they were against gay marriage. However, Obama's church supports it. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/05/national/05church.html

    • 4 replies
    • 1.7k views
  16. Started by TotallyOz,

    What are you rooting for? I am putting my bets on LA for this one. Sorry TY.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  17. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    A beautifully shaped shaved head is a turn-on. Too many guys who shave end up looking like the comic strip character Henry. It's a brave guy who looks critically at his reflection in the mirror, but it's worth the effort. http://www.kingfeatures.com/features/comics/henry/about.htm

    • 7 replies
    • 2k views
  18. Guest farangfriend4u
    Started by Guest farangfriend4u,

    Does anyone know where to properly dispose of used batteries in bangkok. I do not feel right throwing them in with the regular garbage?

    • 1 reply
    • 3k views
  19. Started by TotallyOz,

    Anyone know his number? e-mail?

    • 0 replies
    • 872 views
  20. Started by TotallyOz,

    WASHINGTON - George Takei, best known for playing Sulu on "Star Trek," will never forget the first time he saw Brad Altman, the man he plans to marry, more than two decades ago. They were working out in a running club and he couldn't take his eyes off Altman, who had a "lean, tightly muscled" body, the 71-year-old actor told AP Radio in an interview. Takei said he asked Altman to help him train for a marathon, they fell in love, and now they've been living together for 21 years. Altman said he proposed by getting down on one knee in their kitchen while Takei was eating a sandwich after seeing on TV that the California Supreme Court had legalized same-sex marriage. It s…

    • 0 replies
    • 917 views
  21. Started by AdamSmith,

    Some of the reader talkback at the end of this is fairly interesting... http://www.boingboing.net/2008/06/02/space...related_content And not to forget... http://www.ee.ryerson.ca/~elf/aso/zeroGtoilet.html

    • 0 replies
    • 990 views
  22. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    Anybody interested in this has probably seen it already. This is for those who haven't. Finally, an interviewer who doesn't just follow the script from question to question but actually follows up on fudged answers. http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jh...-mcclellan-pt.1 The link should take you to the Daily Show video page. Scroll down and click on Scott McClellan pt.1. Both parts will be accessible.

    • 0 replies
    • 813 views
  23. I have used this flight before and enjoyed it as it was a nonstop to the Land of Smiles. I have always tried to get others to visit Thailand and I do think it is one of the last paradise's on earth. Thai was just not getting the numbers they needed to keep this going. They still have the LA to BKK nonstop. I have been told that the NYC to BKK will stop in July. Just an FYI.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
  24. I was reading this today and thought that many of you who travel may be interested. I have not tried it but it sounds great. http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messagevie...threadid=835369

    • 0 replies
    • 877 views
  25. Guest epigonos
    Started by Guest epigonos,

    Just a quick, curious question to the powers at be. Why did you change the lead photograph for the Trey Thurston review today (05/28)? "I" like the first one best.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.