abidismaili

How many times a year you travel to Thailand?

Guest johnjohn

I have not made it there, Hopefully soon though, I am kinda weary of  going on my own.

Anyone  traveled there and could show me around? I am thinking would have own rooms, so have privacy

I agree with you. No job is superior than another, and the sex worker is just a job. 

Those who see it not as just a job, have still that religion dominated idea that sex is a sin and something special, which you must only have with someone you love. Only when this is someones idea of sex, can you begin to understand why these people see us as exploiting these guys. But sex is just sex, no sin, and when you look at it that way, being a sex worker is just a job like any other. For those with not much education it is also a job which pays them very well in Thailand, more than they would receive with another job. So hardly exploitation then. 

I have not made it there, Hopefully soon though, I am kinda weary of  going on my own.

Anyone  traveled there and could show me around? I am thinking would have own rooms, so have privacy

Welcome to the forum !

Don't be afraid  , just buy a ticket and go.

Thailand is one of easiest countries to travel with reasonable transport infrastructure, great value on hotels and plenty of other tourists around if you get lost. As in most countries  , don't change too much money in the airport as rates are better in the city. Everything else will work out as long as you stay away from "good deals" on precious gems, most popular scam I guess.

As for gay part this forum and other two have enough information and access to some fabulous traveling blogs to keep you informed.

Usually at least 30 days at a time at least 1 to 2 times

Each year since 2009. This last trip was 3months.

Im thinking of going in sept. 2 to 3 months.

Been on terminal leave since jan. I will collect a pension

In november so have lots of time and freedom.

Even before your pension you had lots of freedom. 60 days each year? You had a job to take one month off two times a year? I want that job too.

I just realised that today, 9th August 2015 is the 25th anniversary of my FIRST trip to Thailand on 9th August 1990

It was a Kuoni Package Holiday from London HR including travel and transfers 1 night in Bangkok and 13 nights in Pattaya.

I then fell in love with Thailand and South East Asia. I am still surprised by some new discovery every single trip.

I am still surprised by some new discovery every single trip.

I visit at least 3 times per year, (sometimes 4 depending if extra special occasion) for 3-4 weeks each visit. Trips are about 3 months apart with the next one booked before or immediately after returning from the previous one. Been visiting since 2000.

Like biguyby I still find some new discovery each trip as I travel around the kingdom as well as the stays in Bkk and Pattaya. Also I look forward to each and every one as much as I did my first.

The first year I travelled to Thailand /Singapore for business with a side trip for 'social activities' added, thereafter travelling for social activities with very rare/occasional business side trip. My second trip (non business) in 2000 I travelled from a UK regional airport via London Heathrow direct for £630 economy, I just booked economy flight for October this year on KLM via Amsterdam for under £500 (+extra for upgrade to more comfortable seat).

So 15 years on the flight is £130 cheaper! Surprisingly......so many other costs in Thailand have hardly changed over those 15 years either, and most of the one's which have increased, the %'s have been small in comparison to those in Europe over the same time frame.    

I fly Cathay Pacific and a marco polo club member.

When I fly premium economy I purchase from the

Airline website. Last time at hong kong they upgraded

Me to business at the last second. Change from 777

To airbus. The real thrill was the priority lane voucher.

And boy did it come in handy. Immigration was a sea

Of people. Never saw it so bad .hundreds of people.

Looked like about 5 or 6 flights had arrived at the..

Same time. On top of that many unmanned

Immigration counters. The priorty lane had a russian

Family of 4 ahead of me. Wham bam at the luggage

Carosel with 1 other person spot bag priority tag

Oughta there. I felt like that song my day will come.

Got an email from cathay saying my nov. Flight from

Bkk to hong kong does not now have premium

E. Sorry for inconvenience. But you are. Upgraded

To business!! I hope they do the same going to bkk

In sept. Loyalty to one airline can definitely have its

Advantages.

Calluna15 I'll be in Bangkok same time as you. I fly from the U.S. to Hong Kong on American Airlines. Then I connect to Bangkok on Cathay. I have been pretty lucky to be in business on all the Cathay flights. Last Feb I was doing my first time in coach. Only 3 hours so not the end of the world. I was in the Wing Lounge in Hong Kong and attendant found me and gave me new boarding pass for business class. Didn't ask why, was just happy to accept. :)