Guest Robwales15

Getting to Pattaya from Bangkok airport

Guest Robwales15

A week Tuesday I arrive in Bangkok airport early morning I'm looking for suggestions on getting to Pattaya

1.airport bus.

Or

2.taxi and who would you recommend

Bus first one at 8am http://www.belltravelservice.com.

www.thelimopattaya.com if you want to reserve a car where the driver meets you after you leave baggage and takes you directly to your place of residence.

Bell of course is much more reasonable , if the schedule works for you and you realize there will be some changing from Bus to Van in Pattaya for transportation to your Hotel.

I always take the Bell Bus if arriving BKK in the day time for 200 baht to Pattaya Nua Bus Station or for an extra 50 baht also as shuttle bus to your hotel in Pattaya busses leave 08.00 10.00 12.00 14.00 16.00 18.00 Bell Travel Service operate a similar service to Hua Hin 300 baht.

Guest travelerjim

IF you are going to be staying in South Pattaya / Jomtien area...

I would recommend using this bus service...

Providing you are arriving in the daytime or early evening...

But I note you say arrival EARLY MORNING...

HOW EARLY IS YOUR ARRIVAL TIME ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9FEgSRy-0Y

I believe the fare is 135 or 150 Thai baht one way.

Tj

The Bell Travel bus is now very popular. If you just turn up at their desk you could have a long wait for a seat. Better to book online.

The bus service mentioned by travelerjim stops at three places (South Pattaya Road for Boystown) on Sukumvit Road pattaya. From there you need to make your own way to your accomodation, which could be difficult if you have luggage. Also if your are not Familiar with Pattaya its difficult to know where to get off.

The Bell Travel Option is the best bus option.

If you are looking to economise sharing a taxi is possible. I have succesfully approached other passengers at the luggage carousel with that suggestion. Single men are likely to be heading to Pattaya.

From flyer "Public transportation at Suvarnabhumi Airport" 2013:

Bus 389 stops at gate 8 on 1st floor passenger terminal, 5:30 am or 7 am to 9:00 pm. Departs hourly.

Fare 134 Baht, ends at parking at Food Mart Jomtien (walking distance to Jomtien Complex).

Two years ago, I found the Friday afternoon bus booked out some times (i.e. I had to wait over an hour).

My arrival time is 06:30

06.30 arrival is perfect for me, plenty of time to clear immigration and collect your luggage and get down to level one book your ticket on the 08.00 Bell Bus to Pattaya and then while you wait there is a superb little Food Hall right next to the Bell Travel Desk where you can get a great meal or snack for around 40 - 50 baht and a coffee for just 15 baht (buy food tickets at the entrance)

Has Mr Toom shut down now?

I just tried the e-mail previously stored in my contacts list and the address is no longer recognised.

Looks like it's time to search out a few more companies for the shortlist.

As mentioned previously, I used www.thelimopattaya.com on my trip Nov 16 to 21st.

Worth the cost for good service at airport (considering arrival was at midnight) and going from Bangkok to Pattaya and back to airport. Good service, on time, and good vehicles (one Honda van and 2 Toyota Camry). And no worries on how to get around!

Airport to Sathorn; 800 THB inclusive of tolls

Sathorn to Pattaya; 1,500 THB inclusive of tolls

Pattaya to airport; 1,200 THB inclusive of tolls and done in just over one hour as it was on a Saturday at 7h30 AM

Pretty good considering you make I just made a reservation on their website which was confirmed rapidly and there are no deposit or prepayment. All is paid to the driver. Even if it is said not taxi drivers do not expect tps, I tipped 100 THB to each one. But that is just me.

I highly recommend

I used thelimopattaya for my transfers in Oct/Nov and will do so again on my next trip. Both transfers the driver was there 30 minutes early and the car very comfortable. Can I get cheaper by bus? Certainly, but it will be more hassle and not door to door. After travelling for 18 hours or so, 1200 baht for a comfortable, no hassle, transfer is a small price to pay.

Bus first one at 8am http://www.belltravelservice.com.

Bell of course is much more reasonable , if the schedule works for you and you realize there will be some changing from Bus to Van in Pattaya for transportation to your Hotel.

If you're staying in a small hotel, make sure you have the precise name and coordinates available (e.g. phone number, adress,...).

Last time I traveled with them, Bell Travel had no idea which hotel a group of Indians were looking for - In the end they had to take them to walking street to find their own way.

If you're staying in Jomtien, be aware you'll be probably be the last passenger on the van that takes you to your hotel

Looks like it's time to search out a few more companies for the shortlist.

As mentioned previously, I used www.thelimopattaya.com on my trip Nov 16 to 21st.

Worth the cost for good service at airport  Good service, on time, and good vehicles (one Honda van and 2 Toyota Camry). 

Airport to Sathorn; 800 THB inclusive of tolls Sathorn to Pattaya; 1,500 THB inclusive of tolls Pattaya to airport; 1,200 THB inclusive of tolls

Pretty good considering you make I just made a reservation on their website which was confirmed rapidly and there are no deposit or prepayment. All is paid to the driver. I highly recommend

Just to give another recommendation for thelimopattaya. Have used them on last few trips now and can confirm pricing as per worldatlarge, have always had large luxury vehicle usually Camray's but even had Fortuner 4x4's.

Usually always book at least couple weeks in advance by email, (with quick confirmation received) but have also booked last minute by text/sms (the day before) when plans have changed and always sms confirmation quickly. Never been let down. Driver usually waiting 15-30 minutes before pick-up time. At airport once I got luggage and thro immigration very quickly, called them an hour before the due time and they were already waiting at airport.  

So far.......no mad driving like some of the PT Taxi drivers I got when I used them, as well as no unscheduled fuel stops around the outskirts of Pattaya.   

Guest anonone

Agree with everything posted by Alaan. The limo Pattaya is the best of the taxi services that I have tried. A bit more money - maybe 200 more baht then the cheapest- but so worth it.

Nice vehicles, safe friendly drivers, drivers consistently on time, no stops on the way...and most critical, they are easy to reach when needed.

I just used thelimopattaya on my trip 3 weeks ago. Request sent by email, promptly answered and confirmed.

They waited even if the flight was delayed and it was about one hour later that I got out with my luggage. Considering it was past 1am, it was good service. Safe ride in Honda van into the city by the toll road and to Le Meridien on Surawong Road.

Return to airport from the hotel was at 6am and they were right on time even at an early hour like that. A Camry was used for the return.

Pricing at 800 thb. Tipped 100 thb for the waiting and good service.

So yes they still good and recommandable.

Most of my arrivals are past midnight and never   a problem to get regular taxi from airport to Silom for 400,  tolls, airport surcharge  and tip inculded , half of LimoPattaya price[/quote

I'm sure that works to Bangkok. However a nice Camry from Pattaya for 1200 baht beats some battered meter taxi for 1500 or whatever it is now.

Guest ronnie4you

Our flight was two hours late arriving in Bangkok this morning. We got there about 3 a.m. And made it quickly through Customs. But would the scheduled driver still be there? Yes!!! He waited the two hours. Although a bit hard to find him, he couldn't have done a better job for us as we are not traveling light. We'll use him to go back to Bangkok next week. Since we didn't sleep on the plane, who knows if we can stay up to midnight? Pattaya sure is crowded this NY Eve.

Our flight was two hours late arriving in Bangkok this morning. We got there about 3 a.m. And made it quickly through Customs. But would the scheduled driver still be there? Yes!!! He waited the two hours. Although a bit hard to find him, he couldn't have done a better job for us as we are not traveling light. We'll use him to go back to Bangkok next week. Since we didn't sleep on the plane, who knows if we can stay up to midnight? Pattaya sure is crowded this NY Eve.

have fun there and don't forget to share your impressions

Happy New Year !