Travellerdave

Visiters to hotels. 18 and 19 year olds banned by som hotels

that is one aspect. The other is age of consent. Hotels obviously have an interest in not supporting activities with people under that age. I understand that that age is somewhat vague in Thailand in that it is technically 16 or 18 (I'm not sure which), but above that age the parents can still raise objections. So there is a grey area which hotels may want to avoid. I read this somewhere, can't remember where, so cannot vouch for the accuracy of this information. Too lazy to google it now myself haha.

I wanted get an expert opinion on age limits in hotels........

I would ask why as short of just asking for the sake of your own general knowledge one can have all the legal answers in the world but the bottom line is that if the hotel has a policy then THAT is it's policy and no amount of arguing with them re that will change that and it's simply then a matter or finding a hotel with policies that suit your own particular requirements after that.

I would ask why as short of just asking for the sake of your own general knowledge one can have all the legal answers in the world but the bottom line is that if the hotel has a policy then THAT is it's policy and no amount of arguing with them re that will change that and it's simply then a matter or finding a hotel with policies that suit your own particular requirements after that.

I agree.  

If the hotel has a policy, it is entitled to follow it. However, if they have an unusual policy (this is), then I would expect the hotel to have this displayed on their website and in any booking site they use, such as booking.com.

If they spring that on the customer as a surprise, I think the customer is entitled to complain and to ask for the remainder of his booking to be cancelled

If the hotel does not cooperate, well there is always Trip Advisor.

I'm not sure how well this policy is publicised.

Whatever the score, informing the hotel why you will not use them in future is a good idea.  Then at least they understand the impact of their policies.

Guest calvinmac23

I've got to say that if this happened to me I'd tell him to stop and he'd get the minimum tip.

he was nice to me  so it was ok.. 

You better get used to that breath... lovingly refer to it as thai breath.. combination of peppers and chili and garlic

i do smoke so i use breath mints to avoid that smokers breath. i would have more tolerance to that than the garlic/ onion smell.

Intimidated by Arena? This certainly I'd like to know why unless it was your  first place to visit , than I understand, I had the same many years ago in the same building. It was place named HIS, long gone. I tried 3 times with pumping heart and finally made great step inside , never regret to this day.

I personally consider Arena friendliest of all massage places in BKK although their way of selecting can be intimidating with all those boys smiling at you.

I hope you will like Banana as well, I like it for 4 reasons , boys are at distance so not as intimidating , owner/mamasan Kevin  very informative / don't be shy tell him you are looking for  a bottom /and not pushy, boys seem to be well trained in the massage and Tao there is probably best masseur I ever had, Wat Po trained and it shows. 

there were just too many guys outside so i chickened out. i will try them when i come back. i did try banana, i did not like the options for my masseur. a bit too twinky for me except for one, so i was good. dont care if my masseur is gay or bi as long as they are manly. just my preference. my masseur though really wants to please clients so thats a plus for me.

I've just been browsing hotels in Bkk and Pats in view of my January trip. I think my concern which I raised at the start of this thread is not really an issue, as I don't intend to stay at the Malaysia. In September I stayed at three hotels in Pats and one in Bkk, having boys overnight with me most nights and I never had a problem even though several were, or said they were, 18 or 19.

Talking about Malaysia I am wondering about a short visit to that country and someone has told me about the very attractive island of Langkawi. Anyone had experience of the gay scene there ?. Maybe I could take a Thai boyfriend with me, but I suppose he would have to have a passport.

The gay phone apps in Malaysia are very popular for making new contacts, even in smaller towns. Communication in English shouldn't be a problem.

Like elsewhere, some locals prefer their own kinds, but others welcome foreigners of all ages & shapes.

You could start sending feelers to check them out before your trip.