Guest Jopst

Nudism in Thailand

How about nudism in Thailand? Are there nude beaches? Are there people living nude at home? Where in Bangkok or close are some nude resorts or nude community, if any?

How much Thai people are interested in naturism and nudity?

Guest FossilGay

How much Thai people are interested in naturism and nudity?

I don't know how many Thais are nudists but judging from the behaviour of the people and many of their leaders, there are plenty of Thais happily wearing the emperor's new clothes. :rolleyes:

It's illegal, for starters. Designating a nude beach as done in some other countries is thus out of the question, and with anything informal you'd risk being shaken down by the police. A Thai friend of mine became a very excited nudist when he moved to Europe, so there are Thais who are interested, jusf like in any other country I'd guess.

Nudity might be illegal in Thailand & there is also some cultural conservatism over the matter.

However, everything is domain dependent.  After all many of us have no problem at all wearing speedos on the beach, whilst we wouldn't dream of it in the Central Shopping centre or in the office.

I've seen Thais sniggering at a cute slim young Russian walking down the road to Jomtien in his speedos.

Yet, I'm fairly sure they would mostly adjust quickly if sent on a holiday to some kind of European nudist resort.  

People like to fit in.

before I discovered Thailand I used to spend holidays on the island of Gran Canaria. A section of the beach there was regarded as gay and nudism was the general rule there, although some like me liked to wear outrageous thongs. I still have the gold and silver ones but darent wear them at Dongtan. There was a certain amount of flirting and liaisons in the extensive dunes which the cops tried to police. Sadly my body has deteriorated over the 10 years since those days.

Thailand has a deeply entrenched culture of modestly which you see when you off boys. They usually like to cover themselves with the towel until they are ready to get into bed with you and the lights go off. If you took a Thai boyfriend to Gran Canaria I am sure he would adjust quickly.

Guest Promsak

That's interesting. They are so open about sex yet public nudity is illegal.

Not really. Some working boys speak openly but others are very shy about it.

Go upcountry to where the Thais holiday and most people bathe in the sea or river fully clothed. Even at Jomtien on Thai public holidays.

Guest FossilGay

That's interesting. They are so open about sex yet public nudity is illegal.

How did you come to the conclusion that the Thais are "so open about sex"?

Yes, I know what you mean. But that open attitude to sex only applies in the areas we all visit, not throughout Thailand.

Thailand is a conservative Buddhist country. Most Thais have never visited the sex hotspots of their own country. I think 99% would be absolutely horrified if they saw what we see.

Apparently so, according to their website. At least it calls itself naturist friendly, but I've not heard of it until you mentioned it.

You can also sunbathe nude at Baan Souy on their roof terrace as I have done on several occasions, but not be nude elsewhere on the premises.

No way!

They go as far as changing under a towel in gay saunas and covering their genitals on nude days in saunas. Once you get into a dark room, all free to grope, suck, fuck, but that's not my style.

A friend would like to sunbathe in the nude, and he did so on the top of his hotel's roof. He got multiple complaints (by people who go there to hand clothes for drying) and had to stop.

No way!

They go as far as changing under a towel in gay saunas and covering their genitals on nude days in saunas. 

you reminded me boy  who gave me 2 hrs oil  massage at BBB Inn , naked whole time but after massage he went to shower alone, emerged wrapped in towel and put his underwear on while still in towel. He did not understand why it  was so funny to me

Yes modesty(!) prevails.

I've just finished 3 weeks in Pattaya. Slept with 5 separate boys all invariably naked in bed with me, but draped in the towel for undressing, showering and dressing. They prefer only a tiny amount of light in the room say from the bathroom door being ajar.

A Str guy told it's the same with the girls

I had a similar story to Vinapu post #18 in Laos

Met a freelancer at the Nam Phu fountain in Vientiane & rode off to a short time room out in the suburbs. There, he struggled to undress with a towel maintaining his modesty.

Then in the bathroom he drops the towel and joins me in the shower.

Most of the Pattaya boys have evolved to behave more logically & will undress with the lights on & shower with the customer. 

Although, most will quickly put the towel back on when walking from bed to bathroom.

On the most recent trip, one enlightened young gentleman was quite happy to wander out onto the hotel balcony in the nude. 

He did carefully check the wall was just high enough to protect his modesty, whereas I had to keep back a bit more from the edge. 

I , for one find boy in the towel  quite sexy, the same goes with semi naked boys in jeans in some bars. 

A perfect uncovered rear walking around the bedroom is even more sexy, according to my tastes.

Guest Prakanong

How did you come to the conclusion that the Thais are "so open about sex"?

By extrapolating what they see in Soi Twilight, Boyztown and Jomtien into a general principle which they then apply to the population as a whole.