Bravo

Back in bangkok Trip Report!

Thanks for the report. Sounds like your off to a great start.

You mentioned something I had to learn to adjust to on my trips. I like to end up my evening with an off. I didn't want to off a boy till midnight or so. I'd say cute boy, will come back later. Come back and he's gone. If you see a hot boy you want, take him. Have him hang around with you. Your at the Meridian. It's easy to take them back, have fun, then head out again for a second helping, unless your looking for an overnighter.

Here's a couple of places for you if you have the time and can be booked from any travel agent, Ayutthaya is a day trip and well worth it especially the trip back by boat and a lovely lunch on board. If you want to take in some culture I recommend Siam Niramit with the meal, good food and a great show is put on afterwards (before anyone asks it's a cultural show on the history of Thailand not a sex show). Have fun and I hope you enjoy The Prince massage as it's one of the better places

Be able to tell the boy's role based on standing position is a great idea! Could they really have implemented it for real?

Once when I was there all were standing near each other.  When you and I went, no organization.  Maybe it depends on that day's manager?  When I went to Hero all the bottoms were in the front row.  

Day 3 & 4

Went dinner with Ton to this place at surawong called somboon seafood, really good crabs haha. Would recommend the place although very touristy, lots of chinese/asians.

After which we went back to my room to watch TV & chill before heading to "Fake Club". Apparently it's one of the more popular clubs amongst the locals, hardly any tourists there. I meet Ton's roommate and we get wasted on whisky & drinks.. After going back to the hotel we were both so drunk we just slept straight.. Intense love making was left to the morning instead ha..

The next day I went to the National Palace & Wat Pho, very crowded even on a tuesday, but the architecture & views were great. Super super hot though, I was wearing Jeans because I heard of the have to cover up knee rules, which was true. A lot of people had to rent baggy pants to cover themselves up ha.

I then went to prince again to find Pai, the guy whose picture is above. Unfortunately for 5 minutes i could not find him.. Was about to choose another hot guy before I decided to try my luck and ask the mamasan if Pai was working today and he said yes, he's sitting on the sofa behind and I'm like what.. He cannot be seen at all. This boy, he is so like confident attitude, knowing that people will pick him anyways wherever he is ( if you read my previous post he had no eye contact with anyone at all, just focusing on his iPhone where everyone else is like smiling and flexing at you). Of course i chose Pai again haha..

Thing i love about Pai is his strength in massage, attitude and of course his looks >.<

Was meeting Ton again for dinner so had to choose the 1 hr massage ( in Prince 1 hour vs 1.5 hr is 800 baht vs 1000 baht ) for the room so very good choice for 1.5hr. Luckily there was a taxi right within prince ha, didn't matter that he wanted 150baht to go back to my hotel.

Went to get dinner again, and we went dream boys on a tuesday which was very empty.. Ton said that this month very few tourists cuz everyone plan to come during Songkran. Good for me I guess, i really don't like crowds, but it was really quite empty, like 20+ customers in the bar. I see some good choices in dream boys that I am already planning to off in my next visit perhaps ha.. No. 36 in particular, do keep an eye out for him if you go ha.

ChristianPFC The first drink price in Dream Boys is still 450Baht.

Second drinks 400. I went there tonight around 11 pm requested by a friend. I had a good look at no.99 mentioned in this report. The place was 70% full but I could not see anyone offing boys. A few muscular boys no.97 and no.110 still available after midnight. Tipped 5-6 boys.

I know some people like Dream Boys but for me Tawan wins every time. I just love their sleezey relaxed atomosphere there.

Guest abang1961

Just by comparison, a breakfast buffet at Lek Hotel is 150 THB (10 tickets for 1100 THB), 450 is daylight robbery!

Even dinner at 250 is a steal.

Not that I'm a frequent bar hopper/patron, that is way too much.

If they lower the price to,let's say, 250 to 300, perhaps the volume will cover the increment in prices.

The owner's greed and ignorance is that it is a buyer's market. We, the farangs. can choose which bar to go and don't go at all.

Jasper mentioned in the above post that the bar was only 70% filled and many boys were un-offed. This is definitely a testimony that farangs are NOT buying their business plan. Yes tourist arrival is slow but increasing prices is NOT the way to sustain. Remember with the advancement in technology, a handsome boy is just a Grindr away. So, they should stop banking on the "old-school" thought that the best boys are available in their bars.

I stopped at Lek once. Anyone who has a breakfast buffet and does not have bacon is a Joke!

The prices on Soi Twilight will never go down because Asians represent 90% of their business and they could care less what the rest of us think.

You could go into a lot of Bars in HongKong, Singapore etc and pay relatively the same price for a drink and they don't have any boys on stage. They don't have any Sex shows etc so many Asians think the prices are fine.

And for those of us who think it is a rip off, there is Pattaya and the Apps.

I was not aware that first drink is 450 and subsequent 400 in Dream Boys, thanks.

Went to Screw Boys yesterday (Thursday 17.03.2016) and stayed 19:55-22:45 (due to indecisiveness if and which boy to take). Drink price 300 Baht. Over 20 boys, good choice. Total 10 to 15 customers during my stay. Off fee 500, short time tip recommended 1500. Was happy with the boy I took.

There we have the discrepancy: cheapest hi-so gogo bar (to separate Soi Twilight, Jupiter, Tawan and Screw Boys from Silom Soi 6 bars and Be-High in Saphan Kwai which are cheaper, but have poor selection), good choice of boys, but low number of customers whereas Dream Boys seems to be quite full according to reports (haven't been for years and will not while current price policy last).

Sometime I just don't get it. So you spent 3 hours in Screwboys. I have to think you bought at least 2 drinks.

So if you had spent the same time at 2 different Bars in Soi Twilight you might have spent 200 more baht for drinks and your total cost would have been 2800 baht versus 2600 baht at Screwboys.

For 200 baht you might have gotten to see triple the number of boys. I just don't get it. I agree the prices are high in Soi Twilight and especially at DreamBoys but what you save at ScrewBoys is minuscule.

Plus on non weekend or Chinese Holidays every Bar on Soi Twilight will negotiate on the 400 baht price for drinks. You just have to ask and then walk away if they say no.

That's why Pattaya is the logical choice for those who don't like Soi Twilight prices . There the difference in prices is substantial.

I nursed one drink for almost 3 hours, but I didn't take any valuable space up in the bar, it was not that people were queuing to get in. At those prices, I could run a marathon in the Sahara on one drink.

Hoewever you are right, the total amount

Screw boys 300 + 500 + 1500 = 2300 or

Soi Twilight 400 + 600 + 1500 = 2500

is not that different.

At those prices, I have a one bar (and one drink-see top) per evening policy, whereas in Pattaya I might go to several bars. More choice of boys would have aggravated my indecisiveness.

After that positive experience, I might even go to Soi Twilight (haggling over drink price is not my style, but at such outrageous prices it's appropriate. I wonder if off-fee is negotiable as well?) some day.

Guest abang1961

To be exact, I've never been a bar attendee all my life.

I drop in only when there is a celebration of sorts - birthday or otherwise.

The price of alcohol is high because of the government's hefty taxation.

Same with cigarettes and other "luxury" items.

Yes back to the 450 issue.. I would rather meet up a friend for dinner at a restaurant/coffee bar than one of the many bars in Silom area. I would want to qualify that those who are willing to spend "that" kind of money, by all means, go ahead. Remember, I don't have an affinity for Thai guys and I would rather ogle at young Caucasian backpackers..that's enough for my preference.

To avoid confusion: your first two paragraphs refer to Singapore?

For young Caucasian backpackers, go to Khao San. However they are not in underwear like the Thai boys in gogo bars. But southern Thailand beaches should provide that (from internet, I haven't been to a southern beach for long time)

Guest abang1961

Yes alcohol is expensive here in Singapore due to hefty government taxation.

Thai boys

Unlike many farangs in this forum, sorry I have almost zero interest in them - same same mentality here.

I really don't want to "mistreat" them as a rack of meat - used, paid and goodbye.

If I need sex, I do have many opportunities here in Singapore.

I don't need to fly to Thailand for it!

I am more of a "dinner" person who enjoys pampering myself through a good conversation over food.

Sometimes it is possible to pick up "life hacks" from others through this interaction.

Caucasian boys

I don't ogle at younger men much.  

They are nice to look at and probably come with a sincere, generous endowment but as I've said, it is always that essence of knowing someone over just pure minutes of gratification in bed.

The last I heard is that there are scores of Russian boys sighted on the left side of Jomtien Beach.  

I don't get your last post. You have been a member for 2 years and posted almost 500 x and yet you don't like Thai boys or Sex with younger men.

What possible interest does this Forum have for you?

You profess to have knowledge of Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket etc . You have posted about certain Gay areas in Phuket and if I wanted to waste time I could probably find posts about Sex Streets in Bangkok and Pattaya.

Where does your knowledge come from since you don't like Thai boys and especially anything to do with Sex.

I don't get it???

Guest abang1961

Firecat,

I like the Thai culture, food  and the people in general. Going to Thailand is very therapeutic for me - I get my Thai massage (non-sleazy), take cooking and massage classes, eat the delicious food of Thailand.  

It is just paid sex I dislike - dont get me wrong. I think it is very noble of these younger Thai men to "service" the older farangs.  I've been brought up the sex should be mutually agreeable without the exchange of money or other related gratification like mobile phones etc.

I do enjoy strolling down Boyztown to see the glitz and glamour.  Normally I would buy a drink and people watch -as new patrons enter the soi while others leave with boy in tow.  At times when I'm lucky, I may meet farangs who have the courage to approach me, thinking I am one of the boys  available for the night.  To add to my amusement, the look on the faces when I speak perfect English.  I do miss that restaurant (AMOR) besides  the Panorama/Copa Bar... It was value for money for a quiet dinner with friends. Has the owner/chef moved his business elsewhere?