steveboy

My second Songkran in BKK

If choosing between Dejavu and Mania, which one would u recommend? Location is not a concern. Thx

DejaVu is further away from the tourist areas and it caters more to locals, which I like.

On the event nights the nudity is everywhere, which I find more exciting.

And it is cheaper too. I paid 140 baht there vs. 300 baht at Sauna Mania.

Somewhat similar to DejaVu and with the same ownership is the sauna "Cruising". I like to go to either one depending on the events they have.

DejaVu is further away from the tourist areas and it caters more to locals, which I like.

On the event nights the nudity is everywhere, which I find more exciting.

And it is cheaper too. I paid 140 baht there vs. 300 baht at Sauna Mania.

Somewhat similar to DejaVu and with the same ownership is the sauna "Cruising". I like to go to either one depending on the events they have.

OK thx, think it's worth to visit next time. Would communication be a problem in such local sauna? How do u identify which Thai guy in the sauna is top or btm?

OK thx, think it's worth to visit next time. Would communication be a problem in such local sauna? How do u identify which Thai guy in the sauna is top or btm?

I think that even sign language can clarify the issue of top vs. bottom, maybe only after engagement, but what is the rush?

I had a problem at DejaVu with a cute Thai who wanted a conversation with me in an English that I could only understand one word out of ten, and it was impossible. Since I plan to return to this country for many many future years, I might decide to learn some basic Thai language.

Wednesday Morning

At 8AM was the pool party for the guests at the facility. The buffet breakfast was set up at the side of the pool, some new-year wishes by the funny dressed staff, etc.   So we sat down in groups, and the fun began with water.  Sprinkled with ice water by the staff,  some water spraying battles.  Next came the gogo boys in white underwear and started dancing on the edge of the pool. I was picked out with others to stand between gogo boys and jump in the pool with them. In the end everybody was thrown in the pool by everybody else. All nice fun.

Wednesday Afternoon, Evening.

After the habitual siesta I went to the sauna, worked out in the gym and cruised around some.  A time later the crowd started to arrive.  Here are some pictures I took while having my afternoon meal at the restaurant.  Many bodies filling the pool site and some gogo dancers in the distance:  One picture shows many choices for those who like big men, another for the likeness of slimmer men. 

post-14281-0-56640300-1460592825_thumb.jpgpost-14281-0-53257200-1460592845_thumb.jpgpost-14281-0-72748700-1460592864_thumb.jpgpost-14281-0-40457500-1460592805_thumb.jpg

I had never seen so many Asians in skimpy underwear in my life. And such a variety! Even if only 20% were my type, and I'm being picky, this was over one hundred guys!  On this occasion the sauna opened an additional cruising area that added many more rooms.  So I was able to find rooms to score twice in the way I like to do it.

At 8 PM started the foam party.  Due to its size, it was set up in an large parking? area outside the building.  A large square able to contain countless bodies. This was the most accomplished foam party I have attended, and... I am experienced.  A large chute ejected foam at regular intervals and it filled the square to an ideal height, not so much to drown but enough to hide all the action underneath.  I got in as soon as it started and I left when I got exhausted from all that sliding, pushing and shaving, tired of holding my underwear in one hand and groping with the other, trying not to lose my sandals.  Finally I was able to slide out, shower, get my stuff and exit the sauna,  to go next door into the building up to my room, to fall asleep with all the noise still coming in.  I didn't take any pictures of this foam party because I would not risk my smartphone in all this commotion.

Today the celebration will continue with a second foam party in the afternoon. Will see how this turns out, but I doubt it will reach the uniqueness of yesterday.

tip: single most important item to have/buy for Songkran is the waterproof, transparent pouch for your mobile phone. EVERYONE has it, and they are on sale EVERYWHERE for next to nothing. The more useful ones have are transparent on both sides, so that you can take pictues with the front AND the rear camera of your phone.

Thursday, 2nd Songkran day

Yesterday it was a little back to normal, breakfast in the regular room on the 6th floor. But man, this place is packed!  Chatted at the breakfast table with tourists from all over the world,  A few very cute Thais were also among the guests.

I went into the sauna at 2PM for the second foam party in the afternoon. I found some good seat to do the people watching, and they kept coming! This time I saw a larger variety of people, not all eye candy.  In response to the post above, here EVERYBODY FITS IN.  The chub, the old, the very old, make a nice contrast that brings out the most cute young Asian twinks. And from the experience of myself and other older peers,  everyone gets sooner or later the action one wants, there is plenty to go around.

There was again some show at the pool, and then the gates opened to the foam party.  It was as busy as Wednesday, perhaps with more moderation.  A dance show went on on one side of the place as we did our thing in the foam, I tried to hide behind the big bodies as some mean staff sprinkled us from the side with cold water. Once I got enough, I pushed my way out and went to the showers to wash off the foam.  From there to the dark steam room to warm up,  and back out to the inner patio for more gay watching.  Ah, these white undies on the tanned slim bodies...  After a while I went upstairs to the cruising area to fulfil that part of the event.  Time flies, and before I could remember it was dinner time. The main restaurant however was packed full, and I like to eat peacefully at my own table.  So I went to the restaurant upstairs, with more space and more quiet.  After dinner, having more than extracted everything I could from the event,  I left the place at around 8PM (six hours after I came) while there was a line of people waiting to get in.  I went up to my room to read and get on the internet while the music kept blasting into the room, and when it all ended I went to bed.  Another successful day behind me.

Today Friday there is an event in the sauna at 11AM for the "bears", which they define as those over 100 Kg in size (??).  They told me that I get in even if I'm far from this threshold.  So I'm ending here because it's time to go.

Friday, third Songkran day.

Things calmed down a bit at Babylon. In the morning there was an outstanding event, the "chub and bears club" (or something like this) held a private pool party, and we guests were invited. Having nothing better to do, I was there from the beginning and sitting down at the little hall in the 2nd floor observed the big guests arriving.  It was an educational practice and I gained some higher estimation for the very big.  They were very nice, and the groups of big very loud Chinese kept me smiling and at ease. Then I went to the pool, which was cordoned off, and those guarding the entrance looked at me very strange, but they let me pass because I had the little string identifying me as "guest".  So I sat there sipping some beer and watching the crowd.  I didn't get much attention, they surely found me ugly with so little flesh on my slim body... Then I went to the gym to work out, and soon some of my peer guests came here too.  They told me that I am a good example, and I pointed at the example of the big bodies in the pool.... (I am so bad!)  

At noon I went back to my room for siesta and relaxation, and returned to the sauna in the afternoon.  This was a usual sauna day except for the rock concert planned for the evening.  I did some cruising, ate my afternoon meal, and returned to my room for more relaxation and reading.  I returned in the evening for dinner and gay watching, bonding.  This day there were more chubs of course, and I would say that 2% of the crowd was my type. Nonetheless such low percent was sufficient to find what I wanted and I fulfilled my purpose there.  

Thinking of it, I am now amazed that I spent the three Songkran days at Babylon without coming out of the facility at all! It was as if I had spent three days at a spiritual retreat!  And there was a good amount of "spiritual" there too, the kind I like. Plenty of socializing, plenty of walking around, plenty of entertainment, and sufficient decent food and other necessities.  Today Saturday I will return to the world and travel the city. Fortunately I have done all my shopping, and I will go for another sauna experience elsewhere tonight. 

what did you drink?

Here I am hooked on mango drink with every meal.  Love it!

After staying nearly a week at Babylon sauna, after watching a thousand people here,  I have not seen a single fight, a single expression of anger.  I socialize here with people who elsewhere would be serious and straight, but here we are all gay. Barriers come down. Prejudices come down. Underwear comes down.  This is what I find "spiritual". To take a break of a few days and be authentic. 

I knew only of Thursday fuck show in Deja Vu, but not of Saturday. Did you get this information from internet, if yes where? As far as I know, their staff or hired models start and customers can join. Some days, it takes off; other days, it peters out.

Those pool pictures from Babylon look crowded, which I don't like. Of course I wouldn't mind crowded with my type, but those in your pictures are not. I pondered going, glad I didn't go!

enjoy your trip home and thank you for the reports 

WOW! Thanks for the report. You're a great reporter.

From the pictures, I don't see any muscular guys. Were they there?

Thank you for reading my reports. 

There were some muscular guys among the crowd, some which were regulars at the sauna gym. But not the types that look like professional bodybuilders.  Some young Chinese in groups looked nice.

I knew only of Thursday fuck show in Deja Vu, but not of Saturday. Did you get this information from internet, if yes where? As far as I know, their staff or hired models start and customers can join. Some days, it takes off; other days, it peters out.

Those pool pictures from Babylon look crowded, which I don't like. Of course I wouldn't mind crowded with my type, but those in your pictures are not. I pondered going, glad I didn't go!

There is a website saunabangkok.com  related to the activities at DejaVu and Cruising (in Thai but can be translated by the browser) where someone always lists the coming events. There is where I found this event on Saturday.

Well,  Babylon was REALLY crowded all Songkran long.  And their big crowds were a good mix of all types.  So you probably would have found your type in larger quantity than in a moderately busy place.  And the beautiful young have to pay the same as the rest to come in, and they must not mind the variety if they go there.