Guest Qualityonly

Airport Fast Track

Guest Qualityonly

My legs are not as they used to be and flying into Bangkok this week I am certainly not looking forward walking the miles ( feels like it) from arrival to immigration and then lining up.

I was told of a "Fast Track" service where you as the arriving passenger are picked up in a wonderful golf buggy and driven to the Platinum immigration Lane and in no time passed through immigration by passing crowds.

It has been a bit of a "hit and run" with me regarding crowds over the past decade of arriving in Bangkok.

Sometimes I have been virtually the only one whilst other times there has been a massive line up.

Yes I do fly Business Class and whilst Im entitled to use the "faster lane" ,I am more interested in the Golf Buggy transport to pick me up on arriving.

Looking at prices it ranges from 1600 baht to 2200 baht.

My question is if any of you have experienced Fast Track and if you may have used the buggy to pick you up.

I do also have a question regarding the Premium line at Immigration (for seniors).  I have not used it but will be arriving shortly and would like to try it. But don't know where it is and have never seen it. I had the feeling it was in the further immigration station, not the first one you arrive at after the long walk. Can anyone confirm?

Now that you mention: there is/or used to be-some ''a little faster'' lanes (no extra payment) for people with babies, old seniors (forgot from what age), buddist monks etc- just ask those trainees advising all the dumbo;'s about how to fill mout their white cards for immigr

Plan B: get yourself a good status at a trusted airline with these freebees. (I currently have with EY, but it only works for leaving BKK, they give you a voucher for it on check-in)

as you get to the immigration lines in the main immigration hall, there are some smallish, not very prominent signs pointing to the right, where the premium lanes (including senior citizens' if I'm not mistakten) are

So look to your right as you approach, and you should see the lanes and the signs. Again, easily overlooked if you don't know it's there

Anndy is correct...keep to the right at immigration and the  fast track lane is a few metres further on. (Next to the crew lane).

The age for seniors is 70.

I sometimes travel business, sometimes economy. They don't collect the card if you don't hand it over. I keep the cards and use them every time, even traveling Economy... (shhhhh)!

I sometimes travel business, sometimes economy. They don't collect the card if you don't hand it over. I keep the cards and use them every time, even traveling Economy... (shhhhh)!

haha I've thought about that trick of keeping the card, but never tried because technically that trick cannot work because the premium lane card has the date stamped on it (at least the ones I had so far). But then they probably won't look at it that closely, and if so, can just argue that's what they gave you on board. Anyway, will keep it in mind ;-) (shhhhhh)

Guest sydneyboy

I have used this service twice. Greeted at the aircraft door, golf buggy to immigration, went through without waiting and collected luggage from the carousel. Sailed through customs and a car waiting to take me to the hotel. Unbelievably quick. Booked through the hotel I was staying at. Don't hesitate.

Often the problem is not spending time wading through immigration - it's waiting an inordinate amount of time for your bag to arrive.

There have been lots of times when I've gotten off the plane first and rushed to Immigration and gotten through in record time, only to have to wait 20 minutes or so for the first bag to appear on the carousel.

I never had waiting for  luggage problem in Bangkok but elsewhere my personal record is 4 hours waiting  after 6.50 hrs. flight owing to bad luck - flight arrived just past midnight and at midnight some type of employment action started leaving manager only to unload jets.

But at least we were kept updated of what to expect.

I need to look for t his fast track lane.  My recent flights to BKK are via Tokyo and by the time I arrive in BKK (2300 hrs) I am tired and just moving with the pack to immigration that I don't look for the fast track lane as I fear that I will be at the end of the line if I don't find it.  Next trip at the beginning of September I'll be coming from Beijing and arriving in the early morning, I'll resist the urge to rush and look this time for the fast track.

Guest abang1961

Singapore's Changi Aiport does provide FOC-usage of wheelchairs.  

They even have a ground staff to wheel the guy/lady to the boarding gates.

Guest ryanasia

If I remember correctly, the late previous owner of another forum once wrote that he requests a wheelchair (already with the airline when booking the flight?), which the airport would provide for free. Don't remember if that included fast track.

That's pretty sleazy if he doesn't need one. On TV there are people going to a synagogue because they provide free food at the end of the service. This is in the same category.

I did arrive at BKK the other day. After the long walk/walkway you will pass the first Immigration Station, on your left, where most people head for; further along you will arrive at the Second Immigration Station, on your left. The Premium/Priority entrance is between these two on the left. It is easy to pass by especially if on the moving walkway which I was on. So had to exit the walkway and walk back a bit. For Seniors the age is 70 yo. Departing the aircraft (I was in Biz Class) I was given one of those "passes" for this Premium Lane and the Immigration agent did make a point of collecting it from me.  Perhaps if a flight arrives at the other end of the terminal the entrances to Immigration would be on the right.

for me pleasure of arriving after such a long flight and realizing that I'm in Thailand already easily outweigh inconvenience  of waiting in immigration lanes and after sitting 9-15 hours or more  everybody can benefit from long walk and long standing IMHO.

Yes I totally agree.

for me pleasure of arriving after such a long flight and realizing that I'm in Thailand already easily outweigh inconvenience of waiting in immigration lanes and after sitting 9-15 hours or more everybody can benefit from long walk and long standing IMHO.

Guest travelerjim

Request a wheelchair in BKK...tell your airline you request WHEELCHAIR service.

A nice Thai will meet you at the airplane door...

Then wheel you through Immigration...using Senior or VIP, Crew line.

get your luggage and take you through customs...

and to your taxi or waiting friend.

Only charge is a TIP to the wheelchair attendant...

I usually give 300 Thb tip.

Tj

Request a wheelchair in BKK...tell your airline you request WHEELCHAIR service.

A nice Thai will meet you at the airplane door...

Then wheel you through Immigration...using Senior or VIP, Crew line.

get your luggage and take you through customs...

and to your taxi or waiting friend.

Only charge is a TIP to the wheelchair attendant...

I usually give 300 Thb tip.

Tj

are you saying that person  capable  of walking to the immigration should request this service just to bypass immigration lines?

I have my doubts to put it mildly

Guest travelerjim

NO Vinapu...

I would NOT say that....but for those who need assistance, it is available readily via your airline.

From the OP I assumed he disliked the LONG walk from plane to immigration.

Tj