firecat69

Olympics and Brazil

Last few days have just been watching the Olympics in Rio.

Then I began to wonder ?  We have so many posters and members here who like the Tawan Type or at least very muscular and a little bit older.

I have been to Rio 4 times and decided it was not for me because of the lack of what I consider Twinks.

However theTawan or Muscular types that many seem to like are found in abundance in Rio and prices similar or less then Thailand.

So why do we not have any members Visiting and reporting on Rio?

Hopefully Michael who has tons of experience will chip in but I am quite sure the current price is similar or less then Thailand and probably much less compared to some of the Quotes I have seen here for Tawan Boys.

Also although I am not an expert I certainly have posted thousands of photos of that type and frankly unless you only like Asians , I would have to say the Brazil Boys are far more attractive then the Tawan Boys I saw on  only 2 visits I made.  And far more of them available!

The boys in Brazil are about the same as Thailand.  If you wander out of Rio and Sao Paulo, even less.

The big expense has always been the hotels. But, most of my friends now stay in AirBnB and love it. I would recommend it.  Unless, you are OK with the high rates of the hotels like Marriott or Intercontinental.  Both are smaller rooms and insanely pricey even in low season. You can find good hotels in Porto Alegre (Sheraton) and I got it for 100 USD a night last time I went.  Great hotel and a mall next to it.

I find twinks there all the time. But, I am patient and look for them.  And, I tell them to find me friends.  I have been quite successful there.

For sex, Brazil is the best.  For boyfriend experiences Thailand is the best.  All types of boys can be found in both.  The biggest difference I have found is all Brazil boys love 3 ways and groups and that is rare in Thailand.

Just my opinion. BTW

So why do we not have any members Visiting and reporting on Rio?

May be they do on some GayBrazil forum?

Sometimes I arrive in Bkk at 1.30 a.m. because night is short I settle in centrally located, cheap  yet decent hotel like Nantra Silom Or On Yim for 30 $  / night. By time I'm there it's 3 a.m. Streets are deserted but before I go to bed I always make a stroll through soi 6 , Suriwong , completely darekend soi Twilight, empty Patpong  just to see what's new  and undisturbed go back to hotel.

Would you find such a place for such a price in central  Rio or Sao Paulo ? 

Would you endeavor such a stroll that in a such ungodly hour to check how you favourite clubs , saunas or brothels are?

I have never been in Brazil and although the gay scene may be plenty and inexpensive, I think there are greater risks there.

One attraction I find in Asian countries is the non-violent nature of the population.  There is much poverty in Brazil.  There are many dark skinned people there and I don't find them attractive.

Talking about the Olympics, I find that my favorite group are the Asian gymnasts and divers.  Other guys I find too big for my likeness.  Even the swimmers have become bigger, especially the Americans.  So much of the videos of Rio I find boring, but I'm satisfied at the ease to fast-forward through them and erase them.  

May be they do on some GayBrazil forum?

Sometimes I arrive in Bkk at 1.30 a.m. because night is short I settle in centrally located, cheap  yet decent hotel like Nantra Silom Or On Yim for 30 $  / night. By time I'm there it's 3 a.m. Streets are deserted but before I go to bed I always make a stroll through soi 6 , Suriwong , completely darekend soi Twilight, empty Patpong  just to see what's new  and undisturbed go back to hotel.

Would you find such a place for such a price in central  Rio or Sao Paulo ? 

Would you endeavor such a stroll that in a such ungodly hour to check how you favourite clubs , saunas or brothels are?

SO YOU GOT ME THERE !  But I am still wondering why it never gets mentioned.  After all many other countries are discussed. in Asia .

We have had a lot of recent discussions here on Cuba so your argument is not exactly correct and Mexico has been discussed by me and Floridarob so it is not like this Forum is only for Thailand Gay Sex.

I think it is safe to say that the majority of posters travel thousands of miles for Sex. And certainly a good portion like of posters like muscular boys maybe with big dicks.  That is very plentiful in Brazil..

So have many looked at that possibility and decided  no thanks or is it they just never were presented with the possibility.

Last thing I am doing is trying to sell Brazil. Just would like to hear from Tawan type lovers if they have been or considered Brazil in their travels.

I also think it is safe to say you have visited many places that are not any safer then Brazil

What does Olympics and Brazil have to do with Thailand. Once again we have topics posted in wrong forum. 

Either eliminate the various forums and combine in one and just have a free for all. Why bother with the "rules" if continuously ignored. Guess the moderators (?) are sleeping on their watch?

Where were your complaints about Cuba, Mexico (recent) etc. In fact I have posted numerous trip reports from my travels all over the world with photos and based on responses and # of views I would have to assume lots of members enjoyed those posts.

Unfortunately there is no Forum for other countries ( other then Asia) so it falls into the Main Forum.

Take it up with the owner or buy your own website!

Just a lot easier not to click on the subject if it does not interest you?

Guest ryanasia

What does Olympics and Brazil have to do with Thailand. Once again we have topics posted in wrong forum. 

Either eliminate the various forums and combine in one and just have a free for all. Why bother with the "rules" if continuously ignored. Guess the moderators (?) are sleeping on their watch?

What does it matter? There is so little action on this forum that there isn't any urgent need to moderate trivial things fiercely. Topics in the other sections get buried and get very few replies. In a round about way Brazil is being compared to Thailand so what's the big deal? 

I think it is safe to say that the majority of posters travel thousands of miles for Sex. And certainly a good portion like of posters like muscular boys maybe with big dicks.  That is very plentiful in Brazil..

Last thing I am doing is trying to sell Brazil. Just would like to hear from Tawan type lovers if they have been or considered Brazil in their travels.

I also think it is safe to say you have visited many places that are not any safer then Brazil

You feel very safe in the safety of your thinking.  But I looked up Brazil, and this is what I read: 

"According to most sources, Brazil possesses high rates of violent crimes, such as murders and robberies; depending on the source (UNDP or World Health Organization), Brazil's homicide rate is 30-35 homicides per 100,000 inhabitants, placing Brazil in the top 20 countries by intentionalhomicide rate."

So... thanks but no thanks.  I have never felt threatened in Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan,  but I would walk a big arc around any group of big Black dudes in Rio.  On the other hand, Brazil is an example of providing free treatment for HIV and STDs to ALL its population.  In comparison, how pitiful is "rich" Singapore, where people have to spend fortunes to buy their antiviral drugs!

BTW,  looking at statistics, I discovered this about the US  (I'm glad I have my best sex far, far away...)

The U.S. has the highest rate of STDs of any nation in the industrialized world, with roughly 110 million total incidents of infection in 2008. Treating all of those infections cost the country about $16 billion, the CDC estimated.    :shok: 

I understand those fears. However if you read the things to do that I Posted in the Scam thread by a person who has made a 100 trips there and Michael who posts here and has made probably 50 trips and had no problem.

Those are a good set of rules to follow in any strange land.

I made 4 trips with no problem but would  I say it is as safe as Thailand , probably not.  But lets face it if you were to believe the statistics of 1 poster in the Scam thread , you would think not only are you likely to be scammed but you will constantly encounter thieves.

Statistics can be a funny thing and unless you really dig into them , they don't mean much.

We have had a lot of recent discussions here on Cuba so your argument is not exactly correct and Mexico has been discussed by me and Floridarob so it is not like this Forum is only for Thailand Gay Sex.

I did not try to argue / my underline /, just guessed that discussions about Brazil may on another forum.

We had discussion about Brazil here as well , if I recall Michael was posting something few years ago.

And  out of modesty you forgot your own South Africa thread  earlier this year and European one last year.

So obviously we cover the whole world here

Personally, I think the OP made clear in his first post that this thread was a comparison between Thailand and Brazil and the boys that inhabit both.  To me, that puts it in the right forum.

Safety?  I feel safe in Thailand. But, I don't go out drunk roaming the streets at 3AM.  I feel safe in Brazil but I don't go out roaming into an area I don't know in the middle of the night. 

I lived in NYC in the 90's and it was pretty rough.  I felt safe but I knew where to go and where not to go.

For every place, there is a set of things you do to protect yourself. I try to do them.  For boys, I have never felt unsafe in Brazil as the vast majority I meet in the saunas.  I have taken some from the streets in the past with great success but I'll be the first to admit it was stupid.  As Firecat will tell you, I've also wanted into a flavela or two looking for a special boy and again, that was stupid but I always came out on top (well, Marco came out on top when I found him but that is another story).

I love the boys in Brazil and yes I do find twinks.  I do not find a lot of very feminine twinks. But, there are some there.  But, even the very masculine boys who you meet at the sauna will tell you first they are activo only and then when you tell them you are as well, they will say, "OK. I can be passivo." 

In all honest, I find the sex in Brazil 100 times more passionate and rocking than I do in Thailand. But, in Thailand I find the boys I want to stay with for years.  I rarely find that in Brazil and while the sex is often not as great, it is a fair trade off IMHO.

That said, everyone should try Brazil and Cuba and Columbia and Mexico.  See what is there.  See if you like or don't like.  Then, go back to Thailand and enjoy. 

The U.S. has the highest rate of STDs of any nation in the industrialized world, with roughly 110 million total incidents of infection in 2008.

110 million in one year? it's like every second American of fucking age  got STD in 2008.Am I only one who finds it hard to believe ?

Personally, I think the OP made clear in his first post that this thread was a comparison between Thailand and Brazil and the boys that inhabit both.  To me, that puts it in the right forum.

as long as I'm concerned any post including at least one of those words  : " boys" , 'muscular' , 'twink ' , 'Tawan' belongs here

Safety?  I feel safe in Thailand. But, I don't go out drunk roaming the streets at 3AM.  I feel safe in Brazil but I don't go out roaming into an area I don't know in the middle of the night. 

I find word 'drunk" missing from Brazil part  very telling. No . I'm not trying to be sarcastic or catch you for a words but I believe being sober you would feel 100%  safe in BKK but not in Rio at 3 a.m. ?

Not being argumentative but still trying to answer original question - why we don't have reports from Brazil.

I find word 'drunk" missing from Brazil part  very telling. No . I'm not trying to be sarcastic or catch you for a words but I believe being sober you would feel 100%  safe in BKK but not in Rio at 3 a.m. ?

Sober at 3AM alone in Soi Twilight or Ipanema, yes I'd feel OK.  In areas that are further away from the mainstream, no I would not feel safe in either area.  I remember walking around the park around the palace a few years back.  It was late and I was alone and I did not feel safe with everyone I came into contact with.  So, the next time, I took a friend. :)

Where were your complaints about Cuba, Mexico (recent) etc. In fact I have posted numerous trip reports from my travels all over the world with photos and based on responses and # of views I would have to assume lots of members enjoyed those posts.

Unfortunately there is no Forum for other countries ( other then Asia) so it falls into the Main Forum.

Take it up with the owner or buy your own website!

Just a lot easier not to click on the subject if it does not interest you?

True you are the worst offender when in comes to posting off topic items in the Thailand forum. 

Take it up with the owner? Just who is the owner of this forum?  Can't he even read it and see for himself?

Like I said, eliminate all the various forums and lump it all together as it would make it easier for all.

Buy my own website, you really must be joking!  Can't a member make a suggestion or are you some sort of overseer? Shades of Gaybutton.

Guest ryanasia

I am assuming the owner can see. It seems like you are the only  person that cares however. There are better things in the world to worry about than this.

True you are the worst offender when in comes to posting off topic items in the Thailand forum. 

Take it up with the owner? Just who is the owner of this forum?  Can't he even read it and see for himself?

Like I said, eliminate all the various forums and lump it all together as it would make it easier for all.

Buy my own website, you really must be joking!  Can't a member make a suggestion or are you some sort of overseer? Shades of Gaybutton.

I'm not interested in starting a fight with you especially since you have been a long and valuable member here.

But under your complaints I guess I have been the worst offender as Vinapu pointed out and there were many more besides South Africa . There was New Zealand , Barcelona, Mexico, Lisbon, Kracow and some I 've forgot and never a complaint from you.  More importantly never a complaint from anybody and lots of replies and views.

I can assume for some reason this became the tipping point. Not sure why?

Occasionally  there is a complaint about lack of moderation and those complaints seem to go away quickly.

I think most of us are happy with the low level of Moderation.

The Buy your own Website  , I would like to retract.

Guest ryanasia

Yes, no higher level of moderation is required. All of the latest threads in question have been interesting and Lord knows this site needs as much quality content as it can get. I would hate for this site to become like Thaivisa where we can't say anything without a mod breathing down our necks. 

Back on topic... I perceive the threat of violence and danger to be way higher than Thailand. I would walk anywhere around Thailand any time of night drunk or not and not be too worried about it. I don't think I would go prowling around Rio late at night with out sweating it a bit. South and Central America are plagued by violence from what research I have done into it. One reason I ended up in SE. Asia instead of over there is because of this. I always thought I would have ended up in the Amazon as a kid.

Also earlier when I said prices are a deterrent I didn't mean the price of boys but rooms and tours etc. I think I would probably have to double my budget if I went on a trip over there versus what I spend in Thailand. Yes, I am sure you can do it cheaply but I mean being able to do it in comfort with out having to plan out every step. 

I would also be more afraid of being robbed directly by a boy over there. I am not sure if this fear is real or imagined. Even if it is imagined it still weighs into some of the reasons I haven't been over there yet. The perception of violence is as much a deterrent as actual violence and crime is in some ways.