Guest ryanasia

Latest Pattaya trip

Guest ryanasia

Just got back from Pattaya. I stayed at the Poseidon again and the service and atmosphere was the same as what I described in my Jomtien trip report. The boys and the late night pool parties were fun as they were the first time. The only difference is this time we took a 2 bedroom suite so that allowed a bit more freedom and more space to play in. If you are traveling with somebody but like privacy now and again I can't recommend this set up enough.

So there was a thread asking about which gay place is best so this time I went out of Jomtien and into boyztown. I was actually on my way to Sunee Plaza on the Baht bus. After getting in the back I sat down and noticed a very cute Thai obviously gay. After another second or two I noticed he was with a German guy.

So I asked what stop to get off of for Sunee plaza and he asked me why i want to go there and not boyztown. I told him because we are looking for some cute twinks just like the one you are with. He explains to me that most of the businesses in Sunne are pretty much boarded up and the area has a lot of Arabs these days.

The boy also seemed to share his opinion that Sunee isn't like it used to be. So I asked him where they were going and of course they were going to boyztown. So we tagged along. We had a drink in Panorama and then went into Cupidol. Cupidol was alright my only complaint was that many of the twinks were showing signs of having breasts from using hormones. 

The boys there are pretty intense and stare you down pretty hard. I am by no means a shy virgin but i think what bothers me is that I have to put as much effort into avoiding eye contact as they put into initiating it. It feels to contrived for me in some sense. Many of you like the gogos but this time I realized they just don't do it for me. 

I took a really cute Cambodian boy basically out of self defense. My partner didn't fancy any of them so he sat there looking uncomfortable trying to avoid the more forward boys. A bottle of whiskey with mixers was 1,600 and the off fee for the Cambodian boy was 300. So it wasn't that expensive for an hour and a half drinking between the 4 of us. 

I didn't know the boy was Cambodian until i chose him so was slightly disappointed by that. He didn't speak much English or Thai so this limited things. I speak Thai and my Lao is better than my Thai so Isaan boys are always a plus because I can communicate much easier and they love it when a farang knows a bit of the Isaan dialect. Trying to explain to them I am actually speaking Lao and what you speak is a dialect of the Lao language and not the other way around is another story. :)

I didn't really click with the Cambodian boy and after a drink at a few other bars gave him 1,000 Baht and told him good luck. He was drop dead cute but just seemed a little shy. Breaking in guys new to the scene isn't my favorite, I prefer a boy who is a little more seasoned and knows what expectations customers will have. This is no fault of the boys give him time. 

So we eventually ended up back in Jomtien and got a couple of guys there to bring back to the pool and drink. I already knew one of them so went back to the most easiest and reliable option for me. When I have such limited time I guess I will usually go that route is I was only there two days.

So my vote goes to Jomtien once again. It seems that Sunee is dying and life support won't be enough to save it. Which is a bit of a shame it sounds like years ago it was a great time. As far as Boyztown goes in order to see cute twinks it seems to me you have to be willing to go into the gogo bars. There isn't really much action going on as far as sitting out at Panorama and trying to cruise at the outside spots. 

So Jomtien is simply more suited to my personal style of cruising. I find it easier to brush away the ones that I am not interested in and actually prefer the boy dressed. If I take a boy off stage in a gogo I will tell him pretty quickly to get dressed as I feel like a bit of a colonial sitting with boys surrounding me in their underwear. Don't get me wrong once we are in the room all that changes. 

This time around I started to feel by the second day that all of this drinking and carousing was beginning to feel like work. I got a couple of great shags and some memorable pics to remember it all by but I think I should probably keep a couple of months between trips. I was last there a month ago and the novelty had worn off a bit for me. I don't know how you guys do two weeks there doing this. More power to you though. 

For me Pattaya is awful in the day time so I usually shag into the early hours and sleep off the day. I think next time I would maybe pick a place to stay with more of a resort type feel to it. Something like this place looks like it could be a nice little retreat from the dirt and traffic while being close to everything. Best of both worlds. 

http://www.baansouy.com/

Sorry my report this time isn't quite as exciting as my last one. The sex was great, I did have a lot of fun but it was a bit like riding the ferris wheel for the second time. One thought that occurs to me is I am sad that the Phuket gay scene has died down and they have over developed that island. Patong back in the day was great when you could swim in the beach, go on really nice tours and diving and fuck your brains out at night. 

For me Pattaya truly does have the greatest sex scene in the world and I love that. It's just when this loses it's novelty the generally abysmal conditions of the place and the horrible traffic become glaringly apparent. That's why i am looking at a more resort type place or even stopping in Pattaya pick up some boy toys and then go further afield to Koh Samed or Koh Chang. I seem to like the sex I have more than the real hunt of it these days. so when I find my type I am pretty quick to go back and relax in privacy. 

Guest FossilGay

The problem I had is I wasn't sure what to do there during the day. Other than sex, I'm not sure what to do?

Take tea with Gaybutton?  I hear he's just as charming in person as he is on the inter Web.

Guest ryanasia

That resort looks interesting. I'll have to check on it some more. Thx for sharing.

It was advertised in Panorama as a resort brought to you by the people who originally developed Boyztown. So it should be very guest friendly. It also looks like it is between Jomtien and Boyztown so you can pick your poison no matter which one you prefer.

Guest ryanasia

Do you want to be in the action or do you want a more resort style of stay? They are both affordable enough so why not book a room in either place for a night and see what you prefer?

Guest anonone

Sorry you didn't make it to Sunee, ryanasia.  Sounds like exactly the type of place you would like.  More laid back/casual.  Plenty of Isan twinks.  And much fewer staff from neighboring countries when compared to Jomtien.  

It is much more quiet than years ago, but it still provides just the vibe I enjoy.  

Hi Ryan

In answer to your questions on Baan Souy I have stayed there many times in the past and am looking forward to returning with a friend from the UK in October.

Like you I am no early riser whilst on holiday, so often just chill out at Baan Souy by the pool during the day, which is simply beautiful and absolute relaxation - they have a pleasant poolside bar and also the food both Thai and Western is good value and excellent. However the location is also fine for exploring further a field I find it a pleasant walk via the Jomtian Park area to the beach, then  it is easy to get a motorbike taxi or Baht bus in to either Jomtian or Boys town at night. The rooms are of a really good standard and the pool is fantastic, absolutely no problem taking any one back and any boys you meet will certainly love the pool and perhaps the gym. 

My understanding  with the Boyz town connection is that Jim the Manager/Owner and an excellent mine host is one of the original founders of Boys town - used to run the Ambiance I believe.

Couldn't recommend the place enough if you want a good location, pretty gay resort type place with high standards of comfort, service and certainly welcome!

Guest ryanasia

What kind of kitchen facilities are in the rooms? Are there hotplates? I am thinking of bringing a cooler full of wine and goodies and this could potentially off set some of the costs of the trip. I would have some boys around to help cook and do the dishes. lol

Hi Ryan

Yes the rooms have a limited amount of plates and cutlery but I have only stayed in the poolside rooms which have a large fridge and microwave, - so really only OK for a snack if your wanting to cook more I think their suites offer a better kitchen facility but unsure as never tried them - best to check direct with Jim or his team at the hotel.

Do you want to be in the action or do you want a more resort style of stay? They are both affordable enough so why not book a room in either place for a night and see what you prefer?

Be in the action you write, meaning nearby the bars or the action is happening on the spot there?

It's only a 3 nights trip this time and not a big fan of moving hotels much. ;-)

Guest anonone

Be in the action you write, meaning nearby the bars or the action is happening on the spot there?

It's only a 3 nights trip this time and not a big fan of moving hotels much. ;-)

Posiden is right inside Jomtien Complex, with the host bars literally steps from the hotel.  No gogo bars in Jomtien Complex, though.

Baan Souy is a bit removed from the main gay areas....in between Jomtien and Boyztown.  It is right on a baht bus route though, so easy and cheap transport either way.  

For Boyztown, right in the action would be The Ambiance hotel, located right inside BT.

Guest abang1961

When I was in Pattaya, I spent most of the day at Dongtan .

From Dongtan, I gyrated myself to Jomtien (look,see)

Take a baht bus to Central Festival...

My favourite while-away-the-afternoon activity is to sit at the outdoor verandah at KFC.

It gives me the serenity of watching people down the Beach Road.

Sometimes but very rarely, I go window-shopping ... (for farangs, perhaps)

What do people do during the day in Patt? I was bored.

take trips to Sanctuary of Truth, NongNooch tropical gardens and Ko Larn

you can always have a massage 

boys at Bamboo Bar , Jomtien are available from early afternoon for consultation in nearby short time hotel on spending time and money during day

type report of your trip so far and post on the forum here

but at end of day I agree, at times it's hard to entertain ourselves during day

take trips to Sanctuary of Truth, NongNooch tropical gardens and Ko Larn

you can always have a massage 

boys at Bamboo Bar , Jomtien are available from early afternoon for consultation in nearby short time hotel on spending time and money during day

type report of your trip so far and post on the forum here

but at end of day I agree, at times it's hard to entertain ourselves during day

Bamboo Bar appears to be a str8 one?

You know that strip at the begining

Of dongtan from 7-11 to tui's place

Sometimes has some hot older guys if you

Hang around there for awile. I have had

Several of them. Very eager to please

You at bargain prices. Afternoon is the

Best time. It's very convenient cause

The dd inn is right there. 300 baht

Short time rooms. After dark be more

Careful cause it seems the more undesireable and agressive ones come out.

Many steamy afternoons have been spent

There. One guy a regular was a former

Island caprice studio "actor". Now about

32. Some of these guys are down on very

Hard times and a little mileage but have

Given me some of the best sex in pattaya.