Guest jones

Any Hotels or rooms WITHOUT 24hr reception bangkok and pattaya

I wonder what is wrong with me since I hear those complains constantly and yet can't recall even one case of uncomfortable bed in LOS.

And is not that I pick up proper hotel as i like changing them every 2-3 nights.

Perhaps anesthetic called long time off is at work? 

I think it's probably that you have too many other things going on to worry about the hard beds! - long may it continue

Hard and firm beds are better for the back.

Since our backs are not perfectly flat, it's not that simple.  

Once the bed is too firm, it does not provide even support to your back & you get some painful high pressure points & other areas with no support at all. 

There is an optimum level, not to firm, not to hard. 

The best hotel mattress I ever tried was in Sitges & upon investigation, it was a memory foam one.

"Or if Mosaik would gets beds that don't mimic concrete......."

Well now I know I've said this before as I was told it before both by customers AND management of the hotel that they had invested in farang style beds i.e. much softer than usual. I had requested one of these myself ( with great dramatics as I know the staff well there )but when I got to my room still the old bed, I moaned and was assured it would be changed the next day, however as I found myself "busy" in the room a lot both in the mornings getting up late with company and then again each time they (genuinely) tried to deliver the new bed I think both they and I just gave up on the idea after a few days !

I DID see them physically delivering new beds in the door of the hotel from a truck on my last visit so I don't doubt they have updated their stock, so I do think it's a matter now of TELLING ( not asking) them to be sure they swap the bed in your room over to a softer bed rather than just accepting what you're given - be interesting to see if anyone else can concur that they ARE actually using that new stock now and it is indeed a bit softer as there's only one thing I want hard when I'm in Pattaya and it's not usually my bed !!  :-) 

In Bangkok I usually stay at the Meridian but if it is full I use the Hansar which has a doorman 24 hours but where, because of the layout, you do not go past reception. Passing through the lobby with the boi du noir does not concern me - I sometimes pause there with the boy for a cocktail or a snack - so this is not something I have thought about until this post.

The thing that does pique my curiosity is the need several posters see to have ID checked. I have always frequented the go go bars on Soi Twilight or Tawan or Jupiter and have simply assumed the boys there are of age. Am I horribly naïve?

The thing that does pique my curiosity is the need several posters see to have ID checked. I have always frequented the go go bars on Soi Twilight or Tawan or Jupiter and have simply assumed the boys there are of age. Am I horribly naïve?

you are not, from your choice of bars above it looks that you are into bit older boys , far from dangers of offing somebody too young. Hence no need to check ID in your mind. You are not alone - I'm the same

Guest ryanasia

In Bangkok I usually stay at the Meridian but if it is full I use the Hansar which has a doorman 24 hours but where, because of the layout, you do not go past reception. Passing through the lobby with the boi du noir does not concern me - I sometimes pause there with the boy for a cocktail or a snack - so this is not something I have thought about until this post.

Part of the reception taking ID cards is to prevent you from being robbed. 

I have always frequented the go go bars on Soi Twilight or Tawan or Jupiter and have simply assumed the boys there are of age. Am I horribly naïve?

One should not assume ALL the boys in all the bars on Soi Twilight are of age.   The vast majority will be, but there have been exceptions.

The correct action would be to wake him up, that's what he is there for, but I'd probably think he needs the sleep and leave him be.

You never know, how easy it might be to get a doctored or completely genuine false ID. I'd imagine as easy as getting a fully legit drivers license in say Bulgaria, if you know where to ask or who to pay. (Last I heard was 350 euro for one of those in a small town near Plovdiv - about the monthly salary of a higher town official, and I'd assume Khao San Road area for a doctored Thai ID)

One should not assume ALL the boys in all the bars on Soi Twilight are of age.   The vast majority will be, but there have been exceptions.

That's correct but if poster mentiond Tawan and Jupiter in the same breath that sit Twilight chances are he will not be ogling in the soi boys who don't look mature enough.

While quite often boy who looks young may be in fact much older,  very rarely older looking boy will be in fact much younger.

Coming back at 3 am with a boy in tow, you find the guy behind reception fast asleep. You feel uneasy about the lack of reassurance provided by the vetting of his ID card. Do you wake the guy up or just proceed to your room ?.

I would let him sleep and go to the room.

If I feel uneasy in company of boy for whatever reason / age , potential thief etc / I 'd not be taking him with me at the first place.

"Last I heard was 350 euro for one of those in a small town near Plovdiv - and I'd assume Khao San Road area for a doctored Thai ID"

One would assume that but on asking for that very thing once ( more to see what they would say and see how it all worked ) I was hurriedly shoved away from the guys stand and told in no uncertain manner that it was illegal to see Thai driving licences in Thailand and that NO, they didn't do that and that I should "go away now".  However when I explained I meant a British Driving Licence then the full thai smile returned and I was ushered back to the stand with a "no problem" and handed a book with ( absolutely perfect) licence and ID copies from it seemed just about every other Country in the world !

I was quoted 1000 baht and told to give my details and it would be ready ( I think he said) within 24 hours. For the record I did decline his kind offer as my enquiry was more just for nosiness sake rather than any underhand purpose.

However I am of course aware that I was a farang asking the question and i'm sure you're quite right that there's a healthy supply like in fake Thai ID's also as it would be silly to assume otherwise in this day and age.

Vinapu - we all know the difficulty of establishing the age or honesty of Thai boys especially if one has had a few drinks.

Years ago I used to stay at the Don Plaza in Sunee which supposedly had a 24 hour reception but frequently he was either not there or asleep.

I agree about age issue. I was once  visiting Classic Bar in soi Twilight in company one of our members and saw boy he was offing who in my opinion was borderline case age wise, after checking ID it turned out  he was 25.

A for honesty it always will be gut feeling only since it's impossible to assess in advance but I choose to give them  a credit since being paranoid  about possible theft would spoil my vacations. But trusting doesn't mean stupid or naive and I make sure my meager possessions are either hidden or secured. So far my experience was 100 % positive in both my room and massage places.

Even if something would be missing I'd be very reluctant to create a commotion for many reasons main being that as a child I was accused  of stealing expensive pen of my seatmate  in  the class. Day later it turned out that she simply forgot it at home so I learned a lesson about throwing accusations which serves me well till now, 10 US presidents and 6 popes later.

few days ago in another thread  I posted story about guest at Raya accusing them about theft who admitted publicly to his mistake few days later by locating supposedly missing money somewhere.

Regarding honesty I have never really had a problem with hotel thefts despite maybe 30+ visits to LOS in the last 15 years. Mind you the only things I have with me of significant value are my iPad, iPhone, passport money and various cards and those go in the room safe when I've got company.

Once I thought I had been robbed by a boy I had offed. I showered first and he joined me in bed after showering. During the night i got up for a piss and noticed that the safe door was open. At the Ambience the safe is near the bathroom door not on view from the bed. I glanced in and thought that there was some US dollars missing (I had been to Vietnam), and I assumed he took the opportunity to help himself. I got back into bed but did not wake him but I couldn't sleep thinking how I would confront him in the morning. In the morning I took all the cash (dollars, baht and pounds) into the bathroom and saw that the missing dollars were sandwiched between pounds.

You have to be very carefull before accusing anyone of theft.

Multiple topics.....

Fake ID. 

I tried to order a fake ID showing my real details, since some places like to hold your ID when hiring bicycles & so on.  I'm not going to give my passport to the staff in some Cambodian bicycle shop, so a fake ID is needed.   I've got by with a laminated copy of the passport on occasion, but would like something more convincing.   Anyhow, the on line site didn't go up to my age, as their target market is under 18 (for alcohol purchases etc).   Maybe I need to go along to Kao San road.

Apparent age.

In the course of my employment, I've encountered Asian graduates at 27 and beyond who look about 16.

Multiple topics.....

Fake ID.

I tried to order a fake ID showing my real details, since some places like to hold your ID when hiring bicycles & so on. I'm not going to give my passport to the staff in some Cambodian bicycle shop, so a fake ID is needed. I've got by with a laminated copy of the passport on occasion, but would like something more convincing. Anyhow, the on line site didn't go up to my age, as their target market is under 18 (for alcohol purchases etc). Maybe I need to go along to Kao San road.

Apparent age.

In the course of my employment, I've encountered Asian graduates at 27 and beyond who look about 16.

I agree. I am friends with a boy who looks around 16 but he is 24 and works as a teacher

Once I thought I had been robbed by a boy I had offed. I showered first and he joined me in bed after showering. During the night i got up for a piss and noticed that the safe door was open. At the Ambience the safe is near the bathroom door not on view from the bed. I glanced in and thought that there was some US dollars missing (I had been to Vietnam), and I assumed he took the opportunity to help himself.

Rob means take with force, which was not the case.

But how do you say "became a victim of a theft" in one verb? I have been thiefed? I have been stolen from?