vinapu

Man hunting among ruins - December 2016 trip to Cambodia and Thailand

4k is rather steep, but if its only one time thing, its ok i guess.

It becomes rather difficult to make it one time if you keep returning to the same bar. Boys talk. Overpay one and they all expect it.

For anyone on a modest budget, setting a price limit & sticking to it is probably the safest policy. For those board members on Bill Gates budget, why worry ?

Yeah, if u follow your limit, itll be better for your pocket for sure, but some of us might think with our penises instead lol. But yeah, if u are not willing to go with the boy demand, ud have to decline and move on to the next one to keep with your limit i guess.

U stay at nantra silom?..i thought u always stayed at high end hotel...

me? no, I don't boost my self -esteem by staying in high ends, rather spent money on boys than capitalists owning chain hotels, LOL

Usually every trip I treat myself with 2-3 nights in Tarntawan or Raya and even there only if I manage to catch a good deal- it was a case with Raya in Jun this year.

Otherwise Nantra,. Malaysia, On Yim /now changed name and become hostel / , Pavillion Place or Take -a-nap are good enough for me with BBB Inn being top of luxury line as far as I'm concerned.

It's great to have you back as a narrator of experience.  While, your comments to/on posts tend to be spot on, it's your longer form that pulls me along.  

I suspect that the boys at Tawan have talked among themselves and now have your "off" number and preference requirements on the staff bulletin board as well as their phones..  Then, again, I suspect you know that...  The boys at Hotmale had mine and I'll see what the word on the soi is when I visit Screwboys and Freshboys next month.  

Your silvertube airfare is about what I paid to round trip across the USA last week and just a bit less than my mid-January round trip to Bangkok from San Francisco. 

Looking forward to your next installment...

After the deterioration & demise of the Om Yim, the Baan Silom became my preferred hotel. However, this year it was full, so I tried the Nantra.

This was cheaper at just over 1000 a night. At that price point, it's an excellent choice with nice rooms, a rather basic breakfast and an excellent location. They have finally seen the light and installed room safes, although a very small size that took my 8" tablet, camera etc, but certainly would not take a 10" tablet or a laptop (I travel light, so no problem).

Anyway, Vinapu is making a good choice with the hotel.

Guest abang1961

Funny to read contributions to this forum by someone who visits Thailand probably once in a year or even more infrequently!

Obviously it is easy to offer baseless two-cents worth opinions but to "jump" into conclusions without first  verifying the truth is the same as pointless accusations. 

When I am just a 2 hour flight away and had USED and STAYED in various aforesaid hotels, I am hesitant to read review places based on hear-say basis.  If one chooses to be bias, only the heavenly powers can intervene!

me? no, I don't boost my self -esteem by staying in high ends, rather spent money on boys than capitalists owning chain hotels, LOL

Usually every trip I treat myself with 2-3 nights in Tarntawan or Raya and even there only if I manage to catch a good deal- it was a case with Raya in Jun this year.

Otherwise Nantra,. Malaysia, On Yim /now changed name and become hostel / , Pavillion Place or Take -a-nap are good enough for me with BBB Inn being top of luxury line as far as I'm concerned.

There you go again with that Self Esteem BS. HeHe.    I pay far less to stay at Hilton Sukhumvit then your budget hotels.  Sometimes free with points and sometimes as high as 1300 baht plus much reduced  number of points.  In any case way less then you pay at Raya sometimes and many times FREE!!

Yes, that whole bonus points thing is a shady line of arguing. Either you paid for these points before using them, or someone else (e.g. your employer) did. These hotel chains don't dole them out for free, obviously.

Back when I traveled a lot for work in the US, I collected many Hilton points and could freely use them for my leisure trips. After the tsunami, the Hilton Phuket Arcadia (which isn't a Hilton anymore now) had incredible deals etc. etc. Then again, their airport transfer service was pricier than a night at one of the aforementioned hotels. Ultimately, someone needs to pay for the extra level of luxury.

Points are paid for, somehow & by someone (either by an individual or their company). So the true cost is not zero.

However, in the event that I am wrong & it is possible to fly at the front of the plane & stay in flash hotels with points accumulated buying a couple of coffees, please enlighten me.

If the bunch of you don't understand it I can't help you . In the last 6 months I have gotten 100,000 miles for DL on AMX offer, 115,000 miles that I can use on UA or any of their partners with a Chase offer. 40,000 miles on AA from Barclays by spending just $1.  

I will sign up for another 75,000 from Citi sometime next year and on and .  You have to plan the buys so that you can meet the offer requirements which vary from $1 on Barclays to $5000 spent in 3 months on some Chase business cards.

All those miles and point cost me a few hundred combined and are worth thousands in travel. Just for instance in the last 5 years I have stayed at the best Hiltons and Marriotts all over the world and the most cash I ever paid was $50 per night.

Guess some of you need to learn something.  Oh and by the way when I was accumulating a lot of points when I was working, I could care less if my employer was paying the bills. They cost me nothing and I got the points and miles.

I just did a search on this for UK credit cards. If I spend £65,000, I can get a "free" economy flights to Shanghai.

Maybe it's just the US credit card companies that will take a massive loss on perks just to get new customers in.

Can't help you. I believe Barclays is a British Company.  They want to give me 40,000 AA airline miles after I spend $1. 

I guess since AMX, Chase , Citi are some the biggest companies in the world they have figured out they do not lose money. Otherwise they would not do it year after year. 

If anyone cares to learn rather then tell me I don't know what I am talking about here is a link to 1 Blog, and you have to go backwards and keep reading past issues.

http://millionmilesecrets.com

No one is suggesting you don't know what you are talking about.

However, I am quite sure all of those banks will not offer US credit cards to UK residents & vice versa, so I get to choose from what is offered in my home market.

What I will suggest is excessive inducements to take credit cards are an irrational offer on the part of the banks & will not be around for ever. No doubt someone has made a "strategic" decision to chase market share. When they find too many customers milk the system & are not profitable, the deals stop. Milk it whilst you can.

I did that same thing when i study in the us, hilton amex got really nice offer and i used the points to treat my family to a nice double tree hotelnin new jersey for our new york trip. Got a nice cheap upgrade to suite. And this was during my student year where i dont have much money to spend anyway. I do envy the US with their points deal.

I'm sure I'd recognise Alek but don't know him by name.  But not impressed by him trying to undo another guy's off nor him sending an angry email.

He is good guy but unfortunately for both of us , too possessive. l, like you,  find both tactics of-putting specially as we will see in few days boys instead of competing may be co-operating creating fun in the process and better income stream.

Not to keep too much in suspense , I offed boy from another bar and he asked me to take his friend as well, few days later another boy who could't give me long time after short time was over  lead me to his friend from bar suggesting that he will take good care of me and he did. Full stories in due course.

4k is rather steep, but if its only one time thing, its ok i guess. Especially when the play time is fun fun fun :)

I don't mind paying as long as I get my money's worth but some things are spoilers for me , among them boy telling me when our time together is over, big no, no.

Is Tiger a good off with good attitude? I was advised against it. I think it is the tip he demanded that puts people off.

as far as off is concerned for me he is close to the top and we always had good chemistry but when I sense I'm being milked it's when fun stops on my side.

I don't mind boys trying to get the best of deal but if customer is well known to them better tactics is to restrain demands than escalate them. It's different story with client which is new and may never show up again and different with somebody with proven track record of stepping in and offing from the bar night after night .At least this is what I'd think.