kokopelli

PowerBoys/Sunee Plaza & DreamBoys/Boyztown

For what it’s worth, another vote for Power Boys. While I was in Pattaya the first two weeks of January, I went to Power Boys several times. I ended up enjoying it most of the the few gogo bars I went to (Kawai, BBB, Nice Boys, Cupidol). Though I’m not finding fault with any of the places I mention. I liked them all and found boys there to my liking, especially at Cupidol. But Power Boys was my favorite (along with Good Boys...).

Guest ryanasia

While pesky mamasan may bring more money to the bar due to increase drink order, if it drives people away, itll be the downfall of that bar. I wonder if the bar owner thought of this

They earn enough for the bar to make money whether you like them or not, or they wouldn't be there.

They earn enough for the bar to make money whether you like them or not, or they wouldn't be there.

This assumes the bar owner knows what is going on and makes perfect rational decisions.   It's not like that.

The boys on the stage make the money for the bar, since they attract the customers & give us a reason to be there. 

If the bar had waiters who merely ensured a drink was purchased & paid for,  would the bar earn more or less than a bar with pushy mamasans ?     

In the case of something like Classic Boys, the mamasans almost certainly depress income by discouraging customers and boys with their dishonest ways.  

• Any tips they solicit will be for themselves.
  • Also, if they discourage staff from working there, it is not good for turnover. My last Soi Twilight off was from Fresh Boys & he had moved from Classic Boys 5 days earlier, when the mamasans tried to extort 2000 from him after he went to his hometown.   So whilst Classic Boys had no boys that I wanted & got no off fee, Fresh Boys got all the money.    Next time, I shall probably visit Fresh Boys first. 

Now does the owner of Classic Boys know what is going on?   

And is he smart enough to figure out if the mamasans add or subtract from his business?

I receive message that Pattaya DreamBoy have no boys in bar now. Anyone can confirm or my info is false ?

I went to have a look for you yesterday. Bad news, hardly any boys, only about 7 or 8.

One pestered me like a mamasan, sat next to me uninvited, then danced on the floor right in front of me,and then pawed me until I told him to piss of ...whereupon I left.

Not impressed, AT ALL!

Not long ago I swore I would never enter these two bars again, but I did, and I was pleasantly surprised.

In both go-go bars the boyz on stage actually did "go-go" and moved their bodies and not just stand there like mannequins on display.

This was more so in Power Boys where they were actually dancing in step and having fun doing it.

I totally agree. I too avoided Power boys before when the tomboy-mamasan worked there and only had bad experiences from that bar earlier. The last 2 months I've visited many times and the bar is packed with 15-20 handsome boys dancing enthusiastically on stage every night and a fun athmosphere in the bar. Sure the two mamasans now working are very pushy too, but not in a lunatic way as the tomboy before. This bar is well worth to visit.

Price for customer alcohol drink is 160 baht. Boydrink is 190 baht.

Powerboys mamasans are easily dealt with.

Tell them to go away and they go away.

After waving your boy over, get his drink and again tell the mamasans to go away. If they are still there, you didn't say it clearly enough.