hurstwickham

Jupiter becomes two.

Guest Promsak

Latest estimate, Jupiter 2018 on Silom Soi 4 to open two to three weeks after Songkran.

Meanwhile, Tapas Bar on Silom4 has closed and has been replaced with 'Banana Bar on 4'

Open last night and nicely candlelit in and outside but no sign of customers.

Anybody know if this is connected with Banana on Twilight?

Guest Promsak

certainly, judging by the poster pictured in xiluzer's post. It reads:

If interested contact Jupiter or see below info.

Confused! (me)  The poster is for Club 66 so why contact Jupiter?

A friend had the following information: landlord of Jupiter2002 saw that the business is going well and did not extend the lease, rather let it run our (or ask for an outrageous rent?) and operate a similar business in the place. Can anyone confirm?

As highlighted by Jasper I can confirm. My source prompted me to share initially.

Guest gregvc

Talking to some of the more experience boys in Soi 4 it seems that the move by Jupiter could push those away who do not like that part of gay life in BKK. Many people don't want to have commercial sex selling in the same soi.

I have heard that half of Boystown will in the next 2 yrs be demolished for new buildings similar to the Montien shopping plaza which closed last yr. Should the moslem family that owns Patpong soi 4 ever get their act together the area may have a very different look with development up and down Silom.

Talking to some of the more experience boys in Soi 4 it seems that the move by Jupiter could push those away who do not like that part of gay life in BKK. Many people don't want to have commercial sex selling in the same soi.

obviously they just like it more subtle - or does the massage venue in Soi 4 and the freelance moneyboys infesting many of the venues in the soi not offer happy endings these days?

I have heard that half of Boystown will in the next 2 yrs be demolished for new buildings similar to the Montien shopping plaza which closed last yr.

I am sure the venues in Pattayaland Soi 3 would be interested in hearing this even if they are unfamiliar with where exactly the Montien is, and I thought they changed the name to BoyzTown years ago?

meanwhile in Bangkok the Montien shopping plaza is being re-developed as a new shopping plaza of the same size as the old plaza and rumors of a massive re-development of both the Montien site and Soi Twilight in the next 6 months, 2 years, whatever, have been circulating for the at least the last 5 years and may need to be taken with a grain of salt

Should the moslem family that owns Patpong soi 4 ever get their act together the area may have a very different look with development up and down Silom.

and after 30 years of allowing saunas, go-go bars, discos and a multitude of other gay venues  if the Moslem family that owns Silom Soi 4 .... and if my aunt was a man she would be my uncle!

bkkguy

Guest hunkster

Went to Jupiter last night at 11PM. The place was packed. My first time - so imagine my disappointment to realize that I'd arrived too late to get an "off" accomplished without having to sit through some really bad entertainment.  Left at midnight....without seeing any boys in the crowd - only on stage in some musical numbers. Told mamasan what I was looking for when I entered - so when I saw him again outside - he told me to come back tonight at 9pm in order to get the deed done. So for you veterans - when does one go to interact with the boys without having to endure the entertainment?  Thanks guy....

Guest hunkster

OK....about to answer my own question from the prior post.

I arrived at Jupiter at 9PM tonight.....and there were the boys rotating on stage.  Beauties - leaning toward the lean / muscular type, which is just fine by me.

After interviewing / buying drinks table side with 3 boys over the course of an hour including the one referred to me by the mamasan......conclusion is as follows: most of the guys are straight and the vast majority are therefore tops.  One said he would bottom.....but preferred to top.  There you go. As a top.....if I'm looking for more than just kissing and sucking.....best for me to go elsewhere.

I arrived at Jupiter at 9PM tonight.....and there were the boys rotating on stage.  Beauties - leaning toward the lean / muscular type, which is just fine by me.

Ooh nice.  Jupiter (I guess that would be the old Jupiter) is one of the few go go bars that I have been to where I thought the guys were really hot.  Were they friendly?

Guest hunkster

This was the new Jupiter that I'm referring to....Jupiter 2018 on Soi 4.

The guys that I chatted with were super friendly and sweet.

And if I were a bottom - I def would have offed one of the guys.  But I'm not....and for the money you will eventually spend here with the off fees, etc.....I want a complete top experience.  

That's why I think Arena was the better bet for guys like me.

Thanks, Serendipity for the update.  I hope to check out the new and the old Jupiter in the next two weeks.

250 baht for drinks...seems almost reasonable when compared to Twilight...must be an opening gambit.