TotallyOz

USA Airlines Flying into Bangkok or Pet Friendly Airlines

What we need is an innovative start up airline, which either bans under 13s or confines them to a physically separate cabin area at the back.  

Of course this is only going to make sense on popular routes with competition.    In this scenario, the new airline differentiates itself & may win customers.   On a one airline route, the best business practice is to take every customer they can. 

I don't know, for me the worst experiences so far were always fighting couples (husband and wife, never a gay couple so far). That could go on for many hours, while crying babies seem to get tired much quicker.

it seem it's still better be idiot than rude

So sorry your thin skin is offended. Possibly I should have used ridiculous or ignorant or not well thought out.

You were making a comparison between the ban of smoking on airline which every non smoker on every flight was forced to inhale in a confined environment and have recirculated during the entire flight with a small dog in a confined carrier under the seat. Makes no difference that 99.9% of people who fly have never seen a dog in the cabin? I have over 3 million miles and have never seen a dog in the cabin. I have a seen a few cats.

There will NEVER be any move for the numerous airlines that allow certain pets in the cabin to change their policy because it does not effect 99.9% of the people who fly.

And if 1 out of 10 million people complained the airlines would laugh at them!!!

So sorry your thin skin is offended. Possibly I should have used ridiculous or ignorant or not well thought out.

I was not offended, I'm not short of self-esteem and  I know you. Just pointed that an innocent visitor  and reader to the forum may see such wording  reflecting poorly on you . :Ridiculous and ignorant" are equally rude wording but " not well thought out" would be classy indeed.

To return to the merit of discussion I stand by my comment as I remember smokers comments where discussion about smoking in cabins started being heated in early 90- ties and there were ' grave ' concerns how smokers would survive long-haul flights without  a puff and airlines prohibiting  smoking going bust. 

My input here is academic as I personally wouldn't mind even big dog in the cabin but know somebody allergic to dogs to a degree this she would not even enter bus with dog inside , not to mention airplane . 

Never say NEVER, 100 years ago everybody was saying the same about very thought of say, gay marriage or Togo being independent nation   and here we are.

I was not offended, I'm not short of self-esteem and  I know you. Just pointed that an innocent visitor  and reader to the forum may see such wording  reflecting poorly on you . :Ridiculous and ignorant" are equally rude wording but " not well thought out" would be classy indeed.

I agree.  And this is the guy who made a big fuss at the time about placing me on his "ignore" because I wrote something that seemed to have irritated or offended him...

Never say NEVER, 100 years ago everybody was saying the same about very thought of say, gay marriage or Togo being independent nation   and here we are.

Aren't there still people around who claim to be allergic to the smell of gay?

Just wait until the first wannabe terrorist blogs about stuffing his cat (it won't be a dog for rather obvious reasons) with explosives. 3-2-1, pets will be banned, just like it just happened with certain electronics on flights originating from certain airports.

Some of us love our animals move than we love others. I am one of those people. I have traveled with my dogs on over 10 international trips to Thailand and as I had 3, I had to pay for an extra business class seat which usually cost me an extra 4k plus. I never had anyone upset because of my dogs.  Most flights, the captains wanted them to come to the cabin and play with them for part of the trip as most people with high intelligence are lovers of animals. (Did I just say that?)  I did say that but in a joking manner. :) 

I have no issue with dogs flying and if a dog is a support dog for a person, I think they should fly for free. 

My friend will be taken Eva airlines which allows dogs in the cabin.  I am glad he found a company to use.

I miss my dogs and the boys I got to replace the love I got from them are much more expensive.  Maybe I need to get a few more? :)

Most flights, the captains wanted them to come to the cabin and play with them for part of the trip as most people with high intelligence are lovers of animals. (Did I just say that?)  I did say that but in a joking manner. :)

Gandhi was not joking when he said: "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

I worry about getting hit by a Bus Crossing the street. NOT!!! Have never changed a travel plan based on terrorist and not likely to do so.

agree, I still remember fondly my first trip to BKK shortly after 9/11 with 2/3 empty planes and having hole row of seats to myself on LAX- DMG / then still BKK / legs both ways

Some of us love our animals move than we love others. I am one of those people. I have traveled with my dogs on over 10 international trips to Thailand and as I had 3, I had to pay for an extra business class seat which usually cost me an extra 4k plus. I never had anyone upset because of my dogs. Most flights, the captains wanted them to come to the cabin and play with them for part of the trip as most people with high intelligence are lovers of animals. (Did I just say that?) I did say that but in a joking manner. :)

I have no issue with dogs flying and if a dog is a support dog for a person, I think they should fly for free.

My friend will be taken Eva airlines which allows dogs in the cabin. I am glad he found a company to use.

I miss my dogs and the boys I got to replace the love I got from them are much more expensive. Maybe I need to get a few more? :)

Your friend better double with EVA. I am a frequent flyer with EVA and I would personally object for health and safety reasons. By law guide assistance dogs must be allowed on planes and I have no problem with that. Like other airlines your pet will go in the cargo hold.

http://www.evaair.com/en-us/managing-your-trip/baggage-information/travelling-with-pets/

I have seen a guide dog on an EVA once, never any pets.

Your friend better double with EVA. I am a frequent flyer with EVA and I would personally object for health and safety reasons. By law guide assistance dogs must be allowed on planes and I have no problem with that. Like other airlines your pet will go in the cargo hold.

http://www.evaair.com/en-us/managing-your-trip/baggage-information/travelling-with-pets/

I have seen a guide dog on an EVA once, never any pets.

Do you bother to read the posts. There were 3 links posted about airlines that allow pets in the cabin under certain restrictions . ( weight , carrier etc). So you can complain until the cows come home and those animals will still be on the plane whether you like it or not.

But since it does not happen that often , luckily you may never be told that your complaints are worthless.

Do you bother to read the posts. There were 3 links posted about airlines that allow pets in the cabin under certain restrictions . ( weight , carrier etc). So you can complain until the cows come home and those animals will still be on the plane whether you like it or not.But since it does not happen that often , luckily you may never be told that your complaints are worthless.

Excuse me I was replying specifically to Michael's friend who booked on EVA, not the domestic airlines, Lufthansa, or other airlines in the links. The point being Michael's friend seems to think it is Eva's policy to allow dogs in the cabin, they do not, read the link. Have a wonderful day!

Excuse me I was replying specifically to Michael's friend who booked on EVA, not the domestic airlines, Lufthansa, or other airlines in the links. The point being Michael's friend seems to think it is Eva's policy to allow dogs in the cabin, they do not, read the link. Have a wonderful day!

My friend contacted Eva directly. They are allowed in the cabin. You must have a certificate from a psychiatrist stating that you need this for emotional reasons. You must know that no Thai doctor would do such a thing if not justified.