manuelmendez

Do you satisfy with the boy you off overnight?

I don't understand the reluctance of some boys to do over night (as expressed in several posts), wife, kids, roommates, that all can be arranged and would well be worth the extra money. But if the OP wants LT for the same price as ST (do I read that right?), then I understand the boys.

I do, quite easily.  Whether the extra money from not being with our wives, kids and friends is worth it boils down to how we value our family and friends.  Each person is different and perhaps projecting our own values on them to explain their decisions may not be helpful.

What would you do if you were in their shoes?

.  Whether the extra money from not being with our wives, kids and friends is worth it boils down to how we value our family and friends. 

all true but if they committed themselves to time frame and agreed on compensation they should keep their side of bargain.

Anything less than that smells dishonesty and only excuse could be if client made some  grossly unreasonable requests like golden or brown showers.

Guest myskipper

i never been to pattaya before, the price there this cheap? only half of the price in bkk?

i do came across with boys who not willing to saty over night, even i pay more, they still prefer ST, which i also don't understand why....

I do, quite easily.  Whether the extra money from not being with our wives, kids and friends is worth it boils down to how we value our family and friends.  Each person is different and perhaps projecting our own values on them to explain their decisions may not be helpful.

When chatting with Thai or overhearing Thais chatting, "mai mi tang ไม่มีตัง" (tang is slang for money, short for satang) often comes up. The one thing that is most missing everywhere, everyone, is money. They can stay with their wife, kids, friends tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, and the entire next week and get a financial bonus for long time today.

Go stay with your wife, kids, friends tonight, but don't ask me for money for food or whatever!

When chatting with Thai or overhearing Thais chatting, "mai mi tang ไม่มีตัง" (tang is slang for money, short for satang) often comes up. The one thing that is most missing everywhere, everyone, is money. They can stay with their wife, kids, friends tomorrow, the day after tomorrow, and the entire next week and get a financial bonus for long time today.

Go stay with your wife, kids, friends tonight, but don't ask me for money for food or whatever!

But does this "ไม่มีตัง" move Thai mind to do something actively? Or just go with the flow passively bitching/chatting about "ไม่มีตัง"? Especially with all these sabai and sanuk mindset? I understand, it is a generalization, but anyway...

Wrong country!

That is why I help them on the path to honesty by specifying the penalties for cutting me down to short time (at least on the nights when I really want long time).

Then to be fair, I think the honesty of Thai money boys is above that of money boys in most other countries.  

Guest ryanasia

my theory might have been wrong lol

Looking back to my first visits to Pattaya starting in 2001 I would say there has been a gradual change in the attitude of money boys. This thread focuses on tactics to prevent them from making an early exit from our bed having been engaged for a LT. I recall that in those days the difficulty was getting them to leave in the morning. They often tried to stake a claim by leaving clothes and in particular a tooth brush which staked a claim. To have a daddy was the objective.

Thais I believe we're much poorer than now so young ones flocked to Pattaya from Isaan where money was available from farangs to increase their standard of living hugely. Now they have other options to achieve this and if they enter the commercial sex industry they try to engage on their terms rather than ours.

Thais I believe we're much poorer than now so young ones flocked to Pattaya from Isaan where money was available from farangs to increase their standard of living hugely. Now they have other options to achieve this and if they enter the commercial sex industry they try to engage on their terms rather than ours.

Definitely, a lot has changed since back then, and that's an important factor. A Thai friend of mine who came to Bangkok from Isaan in 2001 could easily find work, but wasn't paid very well. When his younger brother made the same move 10 years later, he had many more options - also because his older brother helped him get a college education. I've seen that time and again. They built their parents a new house back home, own cars and have a pretty good life - all without sex work or sugar daddies.

Although I rarely do LT I make exceptions if I really enjoy his company (attitude, mostly) and if he's the one to suggest it. I agree that most Bangkok guys don't for a variety of reasons.  That they can pass on the extra cash says something about the overall rise in their income that allows them to make decisions based on opportunity costs.  If they stay overnight with me they can't meet friends for some after work sanuk. Or they simply prefer their own place for the night, whether it's a shared room, space above their bar or home with the wife. I have to remind myself that this is often a second job and they need the sleep--something very high on any Thai's punch list.

Watched this recent report about the rising fortunes of Thailand's northeast region from where many of the guys who populate the bars and massage shops come. It suggests to me that job opportunities at home may slow the migration to Bangkok and Pattaya.

From NHK Newsline

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/editors/1/brighterfutureonthehorizon/

thanks for the opinions, friends. i just went back from my 4 days business trip at bangkok. i just offed 2 boys during my trip. both keen for ST only, reason they have early morning routine works. one of my boys almost to LT because both us feel drunk and drowzy, at 12 midnight... both of us fall asleep side by side for while, and awake half hour later. i think we both comfortable to sleep together... haha :)