ggobkk

Suggestions sought = BKK to Pattaya transfer

Just got back last month from trip to Pattaya and used the public non-stop airport bus to get to Pattaya.  Takes about two hours and stops several places in Pattaya ending up at its station on Thappraya Rd next to Food Mart and the Thep Prasit intersection. If you are staying in Jomtien at Poseidon or Agate, Zing etc. it is only a short walk.  Runs hourly on the hour from 7am to 10pm.  The last two buses in the evening terminate in the north Pattaya bus station.

You can find the ticket counter on Level 1 Gate 8 of Suvarnabhumi Airport.  Cost 120 Baht. Roong Reuang Coach. 

Comfortable enough A/C coach.  Buy ticket at the counter and you have to wait for next available bus - 30 to 50 minutes,.  But after over 20 hours in a plane, it feels good to walk around and stretch and get a snack. 

For more detail go to: http://airportpattayabus.com

Just got back last month from trip to Pattaya and used the public non-stop airport bus to get to Pattaya.  Takes about two hours and stops several places in Pattaya ending up at its station on Thappraya Rd next to Food Mart and the Thep Prasit intersection. If you are staying in Jomtien at Poseidon or Agate, Zing etc. it is only a short walk.  Runs hourly on the hour from 7am to 10pm.  The last two buses in the evening terminate in the north Pattaya bus station.

You can find the ticket counter on Level 1 Gate 8 of Suvarnabhumi Airport.  Cost 120 Baht. Roong Reuang Coach. 

Comfortable enough A/C coach.  Buy ticket at the counter and you have to wait for next available bus - 30 to 50 minutes,.  But after over 20 hours in a plane, it feels good to walk around and stretch and get a snack. 

For more detail go to: http://airportpattayabus.com

Thank god my flight is only 8hrs. But I still prefer a private car to Pattaya 1200B all up. Pattaya 4 Leisure. I've been using them for the last 5 years with no problems

http://www.pattaya4leisure.com/

Does the airport Pattaya direct bus for 180 Baht or whatever not run at night too ??  ( I'm not saying it does I'm asking the question as it's nearly as handy as any I find - although granted maybe not at midnight I guess ?)

http://airportpattayabus.com/v1/pattaya-to-airport/

Pattaya to airport every hour 7-21, airport to Pattaya every hour 7-22.

There is a general lack of public transport at night. I arrived 2 am yesterday in Suvarnabhumi and had to take a taxi (it has been years that I took a taxi from airport). On the other hand, there were only few people, so running public transport at that time might not be viable. But with about 12,000 7-Eleven shops open throughout, it should be possible to run the BTS/MRT/ART at night, maybe at lower frequency, like every 30 minutes?

As the OP, I appreciate the information on the public transport from the airport...but, my flight from the USA via Tokyo doesn't land until 2230.  

Probably go with ryanasia's suggestions to contact the hotel or use PTTaxi.

This picture was on facebook after the recent (a few months ago) crash of a van with another car, killing 25 (!) passengers. My translation: whenever I see this (van), I think of this (coffin).

post-9763-0-07634700-1494734314_thumb.jpg

Van is my last option of public transport, but more for lack of space than for safety reasons. When getting on early and asking nicely, I often can get the front seat which has more space and a view. From the back, I can't even see where we are because my head is under the roof.