nynakedtop

Jomtien Accommodation Search!

Hey all...

I have been a loyal customer of Tui's Place for many years but for some reason I cannot use their on-line booking system and they do not answer my direct inquiries.... (I am still in the USA and this is for mid-August)

So maybe it's time to "move on"!

Could anyone recommend a place to stay in the Jomtien area? My needs are simple - perhaps - something nice-ish, but not TOO noisy.... 

Really appreciate it....

Guest samebb

Agate Resort & Spa. Cheap this time of year. Avoid the Zing. Its a shit hole. You need to be a special kind of strange to want to stay there.

Agree with samebb - Agate is a top choice.  It takes some tour groups, I mention that as groups can be a drawback.  

I also recommend the Poseidon, slightly pricer than Agate, but incredibly helpful staff.  Poseidon's restaurant is a headliner for international cuisine.  

thanks for this guys - really impressed by Agate and it seems to have a better location in that it is more walkable to the beach  - true??

must say that i miss tui's location and am quite concerned about their failure to respond to me... knowing tui himself rather well, i hope it is not a sign that they are in trouble!

Guest samebb

thanks for this guys - really impressed by Agate and it seems to have a better location in that it is more walkable to the beach - true??

must say that i miss tui's location and am quite concerned about their failure to respond to me... knowing tui himself rather well, i hope it is not a sign that they are in trouble!

It's a 1 minute walk from the agate to the Poisden. There is little difference.

Samebb

Can you elaborate your statement that you "have to be a special kind of strange to want to stay there" and "it's a shit hole". I'm contemplating staying there during my next trip and all the reports seem positive and that it is gay friendly.

Earlier this year I stayed at the Posiedon which was fine but rather more expensive than Zing.

Guest samebb

Samebb

Can you elaborate your statement that you "have to be a special kind of strange to want to stay there" and "it's a shit hole". I'm contemplating staying there during my next trip and all the reports seem positive and that it is gay friendly.

Earlier this year I stayed at the Posiedon which was fine but rather more expensive than Zing.

I booked 3 nights there. Left after 1. Where to start. Was a building site. Huge industrial compressor outside my door in a hallway full of dust. And yeah. It was on. And loud.

The room door didn't lock securly. The room safety box didnt work. The beds are horrible. The sheets where dirty and the best part? Bugs were dropping out of the aircon unit in the night onto the bed, and me! I moved to the agate. Will never look back. The loud russians all over the zing are another big downer. The Agate is peaceful and relaxing.

The Zing is punishment.

Guest samebb

Samebb

OH. There is little gay friendly that I saw. Russian family and screaming kids friendly, sure. Agate is a few bucks more but most other people there are gay couples or guys with their younger companions. The pools can be very fun. The staff are mostly gay. Many of the day staff work the jomtien bars at night. The pool barman works at your bar.

You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

Guest samebb

I might be mistaken, in that case I'm sorry. I thought you had mentioned that you visit HCMC to get a new Thai tourist visa there.

Yup. A number of people here who I have met in Bangkok have gone to Vietnam for visas. It was why I went as I was told it's an amazing place. It really is and you should go if you haven't been. Hanoi is amazing also. 

In Pattaya, I am tourist, just like anyone else.

Just an FYI to all interested...

Several days after my issues with Tui's website and unanswered emails, I received today some extremely apologetic and helpful emails - as I have always enjoyed my stay at Tui's I will return there and share my experience with my fellow board-persons, as I understand the status of Tui's has been the subject of some discussion.

Thanks, again, to everyone!

attachicon.gif tui.gif

call them

by the way: there are nice, BB House villas just in 50 meters from Tui. No breakfast, but have pool. Also they have sea view rooms. Prices are just around 1000 bahts.

post-10479-0-63403400-1485777505.jpg

Moses,

This place near Tui's looks nice, but when I search for it, it shows up as several sois down the beach (maybe 0.5 km away).  Could you please check the name? Thanks.

Agate Resort & Spa. Cheap this time of year. Avoid the Zing. Its a shit hole. You need to be a special kind of strange to want to stay there.

I stayed in the Zing last month, and was satisfied: certainly it is a low cost room, so don't expect great luxury, but it was clean. It is cvery close to the gay bars and massage places, and I could go to my room with a joiner without going through the reception.

For dinner, I recommend the Poseidon, which has really great food for an affordable price (paid 444 bath for a 3 course menu) made by a chef from The Netherlands who came to my table to say hello in my mother tongue. 

A year ago, I  stayed at BB House in a double room on the 2nd floor overlooking the beach (the overhead wires block some of the view).  Pleasant stay.  Convenient to the Sandbar restaurant.  When I was there a year ago, the pool area was being renovated which was a disappointment.  Checked it out last month, pool open and the rooms in that area while having no view and quite nice.  Not sure what the beach area is like now as the "improvement" project was just beginning...