bucknaway

Just put the tip in

I'm open and waiting for you to give me your tip for buying domestic air tickets in Thailand.

Should I go directly to Thai Airways website to book a ticket to Phuket?  Or is there a better way?  

Which airline offers the better luggage allowances?

And tip would help.  A tiny tip or a big throbbing tip?  :shok:

www.skyscanner.net

If you're in Bankok, remember to select the box to consider both airports.    If in Pattaya, I think there are still flights from Utapao to Phuket.

Although just be aware that Skyscanner whilst great of course doesn't always show all of the internal carriers options in Thailand, I'm thinking the likes of Nok air and so on and a few others I've come across over the years, mind you some of them you'd have to pay ME to fly with them their safety and punctuality was that bad.

I'm open and waiting for you to give me your tip for buying domestic air tickets in Thailand.

Should I go directly to Thai Airways website to book a ticket to Phuket?  Or is there a better way?  

Which airline offers the better luggage allowances?

And tip would help.  A tiny tip or a big throbbing tip?  :shok:

Most recent experience couple weeks ago for flight at end of September to Phuket from Bkk, all checked online direct with carrier's website.

Outward time 10.30am/return time 1pm. On the day I checked and booked the comparisons were- Airasia and Nok Air from Don Muang Airport. Return flights on airasia with 20kg luggage Bt2700, and Nokair with 15kg luggage Bt3200. Best choice for me was Thaismileair (Thai Air subsidiary) flying from Suvarnabhumi which is handy as I will be coming from Jomtien at Bt2400 return with 20kg luggage allowance, that was a promo so not sure if still on. Airasia had promos for certain flight times but I think the Bt2700 was for cheapest inc luggage upgrade to 20kg.

With Airasia and Nok Air you have to be careful of add-ons, the basic flights appear cheap/reasonable until you add luggage cost, then you have to check out of paying for seat choice and insurance. The Airasia basic cost has no hold luggage inc, you have to buy that later in booking, they have packages starting 15kg and up. Nokair is 15kg standard, not sure if you can upgrade luggage package. Thaismileair standard is 20kg for economy inc promos.   

Of course all this said....it really depends on your travel dates and preferred flight times on those dates. I would have probably picked Thaismaileair even if more expensive as flying from Suvarnabhumi is more convenient for me, but was surprised to find it was also the best priced. 

Although just be aware that Skyscanner whilst great of course doesn't always show all of the internal carriers options in Thailand, I'm thinking the likes of Nok air and so on.

Thanks for that  !  

Now you come to mention it, it's been a few years since I flew with NOK and the lack of coverage by Skyscanner could be a factor.

A google search came up with Kiwi, which does include at least Thai, Air Asia, Bangkok Airlines & NOK.    There may be more.

http://www.kiwi.com

I have also used sites like Kayak & Opodo previously.

Airasia used to be excluded by skyscanner but now they have included the airline, though sometimes the price tend to be a bit different. And if u book during their sales, it can be rather cheap. My recent booking was around 1200 bath return kl-dmk without luggage, and if u need luggage, u can take the offer for 20kg, free seat choice and 1 meal for only 500+ baht before payment. And their sales dont always include all routes, so it really depends on your luck too