Guest jones

Entering LOS with E cigarettes

There has been a big push in the UK news regarding e-cigs warning travellers that we could get a 10 year prison sentence if caught. I was also fined twice this year but had no issues at all at the airport. I was even asked to put my e-cig in my hand luggage! I last travelled to Thailand in July with my e-cig and had no issues at the airport.

My question is, do you think that I would get into issues at the airport when arriving or leaving Thailand if they see my e-cig. My concern comes from the sudden push in the news this past week despite e-cigs being illegal since 2014.

Has anyone else recently arrived or departed from Thailand with a e-cig?

I was not aware of the prohibition of e-cigs in so many places.  Now I read that its use can be fined with up to 5 years in prison in Thailand... because they are not properly taxed!

There should be better motivations to quit this nasty habit of smoking.  It is worth the effort, believe me.

Guest samebb

Asking this question is stupid and dangerous. It is illegal here. Don't break the law. If you don't like it go to.another country. There are many to choose from.

Asking this question is stupid and dangerous. It is illegal here. Don't break the law.

but thousands of threads on multiple discussion forums and blogs asking about prostitution - which is also illegal in Thailand - are not "stupid and dangerous"?

and what about all those other threads about the risk of carrying a photocopy rather than your original passport to satisfy that other commonly discussed legal requirement in Thailand? "stupid and dangerous" as well?

or are you just being sanctimonious on issues like vaping/smoking you don't agree with?

bkkguy

Guest samebb

but thousands of threads on multiple discussion forums and blogs asking about prostitution - which is also illegal in Thailand - are not "stupid and dangerous"?

and what about all those other threads about the risk of carrying a photocopy rather than your original passport to satisfy that other commonly discussed legal requirement in Thailand? "stupid and dangerous" as well?

or are you just being sanctimonious on issues like vaping/smoking you don't agree with?

bkkguy

I am a smoker. And i vaped for 2 years prior to coming to thailand. The thai goverment have recently said that a 20000 baht fine and possible prison time can happen if these goods are bough in at airports. I follow other forums too. I just think it's better if people leave their device at home rather than talk about breaking a law which is often enforced with harsh penalties.

I have nothing against smoking or vaping.

Asking this question is stupid and dangerous. It is illegal here. Don't break the law.

I just think it's better if people leave their device at home rather than talk about breaking a law which is often enforced with harsh penalties.

I just think it is better not to tell people it is "stupid and dangerous" to ask a question when it is neither

and as for "often enforced with harsh penalties" I don't know what "other forums" you have been reading but the many news reports and forum discussions I have seen over the past two years on this have been fairly typically clickbait, scaremongering, vague, inconsistent, and anecdotal with little reliable evidence of consistent enforcement or even consistent harshness of penalties - loathe as I am to quote from a source such as reddit a recent post on the topic there made the scurrilous comment that "enforcement will depend on location, who you are, and if cop is looking to make some cash"

it is illegal to import or sell such products in Thailand, possession for private use is no defense and the issue is recently attracting increased attention from authorities, but I just think people need to make their own informed decision and a critical evaluation of Google results is more your friend then the likes of samebb

bkkguy

Guest samebb

I just think it is better not to tell people it is "stupid and dangerous" to ask a question when it is neither

and as for "often enforced with harsh penalties" I don't know what "other forums" you have been reading but the many news reports and forum discussions I have seen over the past two years on this have been fairly typically clickbait, scaremongering, vague, inconsistent, and anecdotal with little reliable evidence of consistent enforcement or even consistent harshness of penalties - loathe as I am to quote from a source such as reddit a recent post on the topic there made the scurrilous comment that "enforcement will depend on location, who you are, and if cop is looking to make some cash"

it is illegal to import or sell such products in Thailand, possession for private use is no defense and the issue is recently attracting increased attention from authorities, but I just think people need to make their own informed decision and a critical evaluation of Google results is more your friend then the likes of samebb

bkkguy

really? Fuck off. Asswipe. No time for you.

I am with samebb I suppose.

The key point I guess is whether one wants to take unnecessary risk. I never tried e-cig myself but I assume one could live with normal cigerrettes for a few weeks?

I know someone else will say prostitution is also illegal. But offing boys of legal ages present an acceptable risk in my books. And I/we can't help it; as we do not have other choices (well, almost anyway).

The key point I guess is whether one wants to take unnecessary risk. I never tried e-cig myself but I assume one could live with normal cigerrettes for a few weeks?

And even a little longer, depending on your health, before succumbing to lung cancer.

Asking this question is stupid and dangerous. It is illegal here. Don't break the law. If you don't like it go to.another country. There are many to choose from.

Being in this forum is stupid and dangerous. Prostitution is illegal here. Don't break the law. If you don't like it go to.another country. There are many to choose from.