forrestreid

Cafe Royale versus the Ambience - much difference?

Just wanted to ask people's  opinion on this question.

I have been looking at the two places for a stay and they seem very similar, but as the Cafe Royale is a bit more expensive though so I was leaning towards the on Ambience, but then somebody told me that the rooms in the Ambience  are not quite as as nice as the Cafe Royale.

Also I believe the food is better in the Cafe Royale.

Anybody able to offer an informed opinion on this?

Or even an uninformed prejudicial one?

The suite room at Cafe Royal is the best deal in BT including very good breakfast, the restaurant at Cafe Royal is better than Ambience. If you are not willing to pay extra for the suite in Cafe Royal the standard room at Copa is the best option very nice room but with no breakfast.

While I'm  not connoisseur  of fine accommodation of 5 star type you may consider my opinion informed because  on my last 3 trips I stay in  all three hotels in that fabulous , gate to heaven , soi.

Jun -2016 - Ambiance,

Dec -2016 -Copa and

Sept -2017-New Cafe Royal as former Le Cafe Royale is now called.

In all cases in the room step or two above the cheapest one ,Standard or  whatever they call it . Never stay in most expensive Penthouse or Suite or whatever the name for top floor rooms they use.

As for food staying one one doesn't stop you from having breakfast or other meal in another one unless breakfast is included in the room rate. In fact in December at Copa which is not providing breakfast,  one could order breakfast in the room prepared at Ambiance at the same cost it'd cost in their restaurant /170-190  if I recall correctly /.

Speaking about rooms I found them similarly furnished and appointed , A/C and safety boxes working perfectly and maintained daily, with coffee / tea making facilities.

I did not have any issues with noise but it may depend on the room more than on hotel as all of them are sitting on top of the show bar and also have masseurs on duty / yes , that's new at Cafe Royal /. 

Only faults I can name:

at  Ambiance , maze like corridors

at Copa , no breakfast on the site

at  Cafe , sliding door to the toilet, not as good for privacy as regular ones

all three - whole soi, including boy you offed last night , will see who is your  companion for tonight but I doubt it causes more sensation than another car passing by on 2nd road.

but those are minor issues , easily overlooked.

My advice for myself for next trip everybody can utilize : compare prizes and go for the best deal like breakfast for 2 included or toss the coin if can't decide, you will not go wrong

I have not visited recently but I do recall Copa was the only place I ever had an issue with them accepting the visitor's ID.  They had more specific requirements.  I found the other two fairly equal in most respects and was always treated well at both Ambiance and Café Royal.

Sorry to hear about Boat Bakery as that was a great breakfast value.

I'm a regular- three times a year- at Ambiance so I declare my bias. But I did inspect both Copa and Le Cafe for a friend. I used to stay at the latter when Robbie was there, The place has been up-graded since those days.

There is a lot of difference in the the rooms at Ambiance. The cheapest are small and, facing the back, have little natural light. The better ones are fine but I always take a Penthouse room; I like the open-ness of them, their size and the views of the soi, the sea and the chedi. But you have to pay for these privileges, naturally.

I like  the reception staff-indeed all the staff- and  this brings me onto Copa. If anything, the rooms are better. Newer of course and brighter. But the reception is not as professional as Ambiance and  it is more of an apartment block than a hotel.  My friend chose Copa and was happy there but this one issue led him to Ambiance for his second visit. He felt more secure (particularly with visitors) as a newbie than at Copa.

The rooms at Le Cafe are fine but there are  no penthouse ones .Good restaurant, too. Copa has none.  

The other factor is noise. Copa and Cafe Royal sit on top  of noisy  show-bars. Ambiance is affected by this too but has the advantage of its show bar being enclosed. Even there noise from across the soi is sometimes a problem. The 0300 karaoke at Cafe Royal is unbearable.  Of course, these are not considerations for night-owls. 

Of course when discussing the BT hotels the big issue is the noise factor. As has been mentioned the culprit is the karioki from the Le Cafe which goes on until ridiculously late hour. At the Ambiance it’s better to have a high room for this reason. I’ve eventually got used to the layout and I find that sitting outside gives an opportunity to meet other guests and talk about the Pattaya gay scene.

Thanks for all the comments guys. As the two establishments seem to be more or less the same I think I'll go for the on Ambience (a room one step up from the cheapest room) as it's a bit cheaper . Obviously, as I was considering BT options, I understood I would not get a very early night anywhere on the Soi, but if the karaoke in the Cafe Royal goes on until 3am it might be that is another point that in favour of the on Ambience.

Also the prices for the Cafe Royal all include breakfast, where as you can get a slightly cheaper price breakfast-free option in the on Ambience, so I think I am happy enough with that as I am happy to have a bit more flexibility where I breakfast.

I have not visited recently but I do recall Copa was the only place I ever had an issue with them accepting the visitor's ID.  They had more specific requirements.  I found the other two fairly equal in most respects and was always treated well at both Ambiance and Café Royal.

Sorry to hear about Boat Bakery as that was a great breakfast value.

Never had issues with visitor's ID at COPA. But I always check boys' IDs before leaving gogo/host bar premises to ensure IDs are legible and boys are of legal age.

Ambiance suites are of funny shapes and the bedroom is quite small (I suspect they have different sizes). Thought they need to buy new bed sheets, pillows, towels etc.

Liked Executive suite at Copa (~2000 b). Could laze on the comfortable sofa to do some reading if not feeling like going out during hot early afternoons. Liked the fans as well (ambiance also fitted with fans). Aircon throughout the night will be too cold; fans are just nice.

The show bars in BT aren't operating at the moment (the funeral? or the low season?) and the soi is quiet, even at 2300. I found last time that the show bars were just about tolerable and it's only the karaoke nights that, like Macbeth "murder sleep." And , to be fair, they don't happen often.

Street parties, when they do occur, are equally disruptive....but I've often posted about this problem so shall say no more.

By the way, Up2U, The Boat Bakery has been closed for some months now. The site is being re-developed. I remember it from back in 1996....a long time for a business like that to survive in Pattaya. 

You have a good point there a447a. I would not like to be in the Ambience if there was a fire. It’s rather a maze without one. I remember contacting a boy from GR and on arrival the lobby telephoned me so I told them to send him up. After 5 minutes he had not appeared at my room so I went in search of him and when I found him I got a little lost guiding him.