DivineMadman

Dual Pricing

I have only visited Sansuk one first and last time about one year ago. It was 230 baht entry for both me and same for my 20 year old thai friend. I think they who write other prices here are misinformed.

Before I visited I had looked their webpage of how good it looked with several saunas and steam sauna on different floors. When we came there only one single small sauna in function. Most parts of the building closed. It was crap imho. So never returned.

Yes Sansuk is now 230 Baht, for everybody. And yes it is often deserted nowadays.

By & large, we don't go to Pattaya to go chasing other middle aged guys around a sauna. What they need is some younger lads to act as the "bait" (to quote one Carry On film).

One tier pricing will not encourage that. Two tier pricing might, although there are no guarantees.

If young, fit Thai guys don’t fancy middle aged semi fat white men, I don’t think discounts or even free entry to the sauna will entice them.

The only reason to go would be to earn income, for service provision, same as their reason for going to the bars in the evening.

In the era of phone app dating, there's no guarantee that even free entry would get them to the sauna. However, as a promotional tactic, I think it's worth a punt.

I cant count how many times I talked to guys online telling them I was going to sansuk only to be asked if they could go with me and I pay for their entry.

A few times I gave guys on the beach some money and they used it to enter sansuk hoping to find a generous vacationer.

Around ten years ago I often picked up boys from Dongtan Beach and invited them to go with me to the Sansuck, where we would experience the delights of the dark maze, followed by a meal,in the restaurant. The last time I visited was last September when I went alone and found no action and a distinct lack of customers. Certainly allowing free entry to younger Thais is an obvious way to revive the place.

Guest Hutchison

Just be happy, that we can afford to fly to a foreign country and be able to afford to taste it's pleasure..

Nit-picking just diminishes the opportunities and delights.   

We are very fortunate!

:good: 

Around ten years ago I often picked up boys from Dongtan Beach and invited them to go with me to the Sansuck, where we would experience the delights of the dark maze, followed by a meal,in the restaurant. The last time I visited was last September when I went alone and found no action and a distinct lack of customers. Certainly allowing free entry to younger Thais is an obvious way to revive the place.

I agree, Punya also made a poor business decision although apparently some here might feel otherwise. When I was a tourist travelling here, I came for the young Thai guys not to visit a geriatric sauna or see young Russians (no matter how hot some think they might be).

We all abhor discrimination of all types but some confuse race, nationality, ethnicity in discussions regarding dual pricing. Citizenship is the key word and citizenship whether it's Thailand or our home countries has its perks. The farang husband with his Thai wife and family pays full price at Nong Nooch Park but his wife and family pay the Thai price because they are citizens of Thailand. The young Thai bar worker can't afford 235 baht at Sansuk, that's the economic reality, so now we all lose if you want to have fun at Sansuk. The economics are a new Thai college graduate gets a salary of around 16,000 baht and here I am a pensioner from America that gets 10 times that. That's why I want to be generous when tipping (by Thai standards).

When I was a tourist travelling here, I came for the young Thai guys not to visit a geriatric sauna or see young Russians

We all abhor discrimination of all types

obviously - except those based on age or nationality!

Citizenship is the key word and citizenship whether it's Thailand or our home countries has its perks. The farang husband with his Thai wife and family pays full price at Nong Nooch Park but his wife and family pay the Thai price because they are citizens of Thailand.

governments arguably may be justified in looking to citizenship for major expensive items like university tuition fees for overseas students but operators of commercial tourist attractions or other businesses have no such valid claim - I would support their offer of discounts to locals (show a local address, not show you are a citizen) but not this bullshit example you are quoting here. National parks that depend on tax funding should be happy to offer the local rate to foreign residents with a tax card or even long term resident expats who probably contribute more to the tax base in VAT payments than most Thai citizens do

The economics are a new Thai college graduate gets a salary of around 16,000 baht and here I am a pensioner from America that gets 10 times that. That's why I want to be generous when tipping (by Thai standards).

I don't seem to be tipping many Thai college graduates when selecting from the apps or the bars these days and some of the top sex workers are probably earning significantly more than a pensioner from Australia so how much should I be tipping?

bkkguy

Guest abang1961

Honestly who (amongst us) want to look at depressing old bodies of our peers?

I may NOT be a regular of many gay establishments and I detest dual pricing for locals and foreigners but I think it is, in fact, a good business strategy to offer those cute, slim and young men below 25 FREE admissions to entice all older men to patronise the place.

I do NOT accept xenophobia at large but giving FREE admissions to citizens is a NICE gesture.  How many of us (hands up) visit your local art gallery.museum much even if it is FREE.  Not me...anyway, the difference in admission charges at Gardens by the Bay, Singapore is ...fairly small.  a measly 10% ...and I have yet to qualify for Senior Citizens discount ..sigh

http://www.gardensbythebay.com.sg/en/whats-on/offers-and-promotions/attractions.html#!terms-conditions1

Just be happy, that we can afford to fly to a foreign country and be able to afford to taste it's pleasure..

Nit-picking just diminishes the opportunities and delights.

We are very fortunate!

:good:

Agreed, we are very fortunate to live in this era & enjoy the opportunities.

However nit picking is one of the things people do on forums & I'm not stressed about any topic in here. Some things could be improved, but I still prefer a holiday in SE Asia above all else.