Wynter11

Trip Advice

Currently looking at possibilities for travel this year and options are either mid July or Dec/Jan. Wondering what Bangkok/Pattaya (haven’t decided which) are like in July (this is low season?) and in Dec around Xmas and New Years. My only experience so far has been in mid Jan.

Thanks in advance :)

Check out my trip report which is basically through christmas and new year. Id try to avoid the time if i have a choice, but didnt regret going there either way lol just expect much more people, much more boys, higher demand in tips, reluctant to long time, popular guys get snatched early. As long as the lists mentioned wont take out the fun, its actually a great time to be there.

I agree with hank75 and would opt for July rather than the Christmas/New Year's period.  July is a more leisurely time to visit.  Fewer wait times for things.  

Whichever time works best for you have a great time. I'd encourage you to have a few days in Pattaya as part of your trip.  Last few visits, I've made a point on staying in both Pattaya and in Bangkok.

For me, Bangkok is too hot in July. Pattaya seems to have a little microclimate of its own and I find it more congenial at that time of year.

December time - haven't been in either place for Christmas/New Year in a long time. The last time I was in Pattaya on New Year's Eve, it was literally impossible even to get into the Boyztown soi it was so crowded. I think those days may be gone though.

On 2/21/2019 at 1:35 AM, hank75 said:

For Bangkok, I would go in July. The hotel prices are much better, it is low season but not rainy season, and the gay scene is still alive and well...not dull in the slightest. Plus plenty of boys available. I made a short trip last December and would not repeat that, hordes of tourists everywhere, boys are getting Lined non stop by Asian customers on their annual visit so they inflate their asking prices. On the plus side though it feels very festive and you have a good chance of meeting cute fellow tourists on apps and in clubs. 

The hordes do sound a bit irritating but I also hate being the only one in the bar which happened a couple of times in my visit in mid Jan, though I was there for the midweek rather than the weekend so that may have influenced things too. 

On 2/21/2019 at 10:30 AM, ggobkk said:

I agree with hank75 and would opt for July rather than the Christmas/New Year's period.  July is a more leisurely time to visit.  Fewer wait times for things.  

Whichever time works best for you have a great time. I'd encourage you to have a few days in Pattaya as part of your trip.  Last few visits, I've made a point on staying in both Pattaya and in Bangkok.

I think I’d like to try Pattaya but I’ll likely only be there for 4 nights on the end of some other travel so I’m not sure if the extra travel down there is worth it. I do also like that Bkk is so central so I can pick a hotel in the middle and walk everywhere easily. 

On 2/20/2019 at 8:18 PM, spoon said:

Check out my trip report which is basically through christmas and new year. Id try to avoid the time if i have a choice, but didnt regret going there either way lol just expect much more people, much more boys, higher demand in tips, reluctant to long time, popular guys get snatched early. As long as the lists mentioned wont take out the fun, its actually a great time to be there.

Oh I’d already read your report, but hadn’t taken a lot of note of the dates. I don’t mind a bit of competition as long as it’s not like a plague of locusts and there’s nothing left and no seat left in the bar. Jupiter during my visit was one of my favs because the mamasan was busy and didn’t try to bother me very much. 

26 minutes ago, Wynter11 said:

Oh I’d already read your report, but hadn’t taken a lot of note of the dates. I don’t mind a bit of competition as long as it’s not like a plague of locusts and there’s nothing left and no seat left in the bar. Jupiter during my visit was one of my favs because the mamasan was busy and didn’t try to bother me very much. 

But that is easily what happens during high season, particularly the major holidays. Jupiter and Dream Boys will be full to bursting, you will be lucky to get a seat (a rickety high stool shunted behind some pillar) and zero boys available to you, unless you already have a game strategy or regulars to call upon. Low season weekends are the best, to me. I’d far rather risk being the only one in a bar occasionally but have lion’s share of boy choices in almost any venue I choose to wander into. And in the bigger bars, they will be anywhere between a third to two-thirds full - a comfortable ratio. With the exception of Jupiter which was full house even during August low season Friday and Saturday.

2 minutes ago, hank75 said:

But that is easily what happens during high season, particularly the major holidays. Jupiter and Dream Boys will be full to bursting, you will be lucky to get a seat (a rickety high stool shunted behind some pillar) and zero boys available to you, unless you already have a game strategy or regulars to call upon. Low season weekends are the best, to me. I’d far rather risk being the only one in a bar occasionally but have lion’s share of boy choices in almost any venue I choose to wander into. And in the bigger bars, they will be anywhere between a third to two-thirds full - a comfortable ratio. 

Thanks Hank, that answers my concerns perfectly. I’d already decided to try for a weekend but it’s good to know things pick up a bit. I found a huge difference between the Monday and the Thursday of my last trip and was hoping that would be the case. I’m also hoping shows will be more regular as places like screw boys didn’t seem to bother putting them on, not that it stopped them claiming there’s be one soon.

Yes, screwboys was so packed on their christmas party night, i was seated, after waiting for a while, at the very back, on uncomfortable stool, near the bar, where mamasan and waiter keep passing by to take drinks etc. Still manage to get a boy, so all is fine. But once i get the boy, i dont want to stay in the bar any longer, partly due to smoke but its the uncomfortable seat is what i dont like. Same things with BBB in pattaya, that bar actually had full sign up the few days i was there, so u need to be early and get your seat. And there wont be room if u want to have a boy seating next to you unless u grab the boy earlier too. Still manage to get one boy, albeit for short time only. 

21 hours ago, spoon said:

Yes, screwboys was so packed on their christmas party night, i was seated, after waiting for a while, at the very back, on uncomfortable stool, near the bar, where mamasan and waiter keep passing by to take drinks etc. Still manage to get a boy, so all is fine. But once i get the boy, i dont want to stay in the bar any longer, partly due to smoke but its the uncomfortable seat is what i dont like. Same things with BBB in pattaya, that bar actually had full sign up the few days i was there, so u need to be early and get your seat. And there wont be room if u want to have a boy seating next to you unless u grab the boy earlier too. Still manage to get one boy, albeit for short time only. 

That’s probably a few more than I’d like! I think I’ll try to avoid that option then and go for a date either in the mid year or around mid Jan again.