martinsen

MORE GOOD NEWS FOR EXPATS

5 hours ago, Patanawet said:

Interesting to see that they are not doing this for the convenience of passengers but because they have to have a huge warehouse to  (spellcheck tried to change this to 'whorehouse' ) to store the 100 million of forms each year which hardly anyone looks at.

Yes the immigration is doing that because they about to lost control not because they want to change their policy. It's redicilous that expact still  has to report every time he leaves his residence more than 24 hours, the next step is that he will have to ask a permission for that from the authorities !

It'll take a while.  I had to fill out a TM6 card two nights ago when flying into Chiangmai from Seoul.  That's actually easy as hell and shouldn't be a bother to anybody (what the heck else do you have to do while on a long flight?).  The new fingerprinting deal is a minor bit of hassle....and, frankly, one would think that they'd wipe off the scanners every time somebody slaps their four right fingers, four left fingers, and then their two thumbs on the glass scanner. I'm not a germaphobe but I can't help but think that it's a bit unsanitary.

As for the TM30, I suppose it depends on where you live in Thailand as to how much of a hassle it is.  Plus some people don't understand the difference between filing an original TM30 and updating it.  Here in Chiangmai, they do require the original filing for your residence and it's actually relatively easy to do once you have the correct documents (in a landlord situation, one needs a copy of the landlord's Thai ID and either a copy of the landlord's deed and/or tabien baan).  As for updating here in Chiangmai, it is currently required only upon re-entering the country (travelling and staying within country doesn't require any updating) and it's extremely easy as you simply present your passport.  And it's fast (I updated yesterday morning and was in and out in about 4 minutes).