TotallyOz

Ash Kickers Briskets & Bourbon

I ate at a new place this week called Ash Kickers. They have great dinners but they are also serving breakfast on weekends. I had the sausage and biscuits with brisket. It was delicious. The food was excellent and the location was easy to find. It is down the same soi as Bourbon Street, Soi 63, Ekkamai BTS (not an easy walk but possible).

The owners are lovely and from the USA and they have spent a great deal of time renovating this place and getting things just right. Tasty food and it will become a regular for me!

https://www.ashkickersfoods.com

From their FB Page:

100% Wood Smoked BBQ

The culinary tradition of cooking meat low and slow over indirect flame is the true definition of barbecue and has been rooted in American culture for hundreds of years. At Ash Kickers we take pride in keeping with traditional cooking methods. Our signature smoked meats are 100% wood smoked only, over low heat for 6 - 16 hours using a proprietary blend of orchard woods as the sole fuel source. The low and slow method produces succulent, delicate meats with intense flavors. All sauces, condiments, breads, pastries, pickling are prepared in-house made with love, no short cuts! We bring serious American style barbecue with bold flavors spanning multiple regions from Hawaii to California to the Holy Grail of BBQ - the South aka “barbecue belt” and done with an Ash Kickin’ uniqueness!

The Ash Kickers menu is made for sharing as a group, family style or to be enjoyed alone. The “Up In Smoke” platters highlight our signature smoked meats like Beef Brisket, Beef Short Ribs, AK Pork Ribs, BBQ Pork Ribs Rack, AK Baby Chickens, Smoked Veggies and includes jalapeno cornbread, tangy slaw and choice of one signature side dish. If looking for a meat sampler go for our best seller, the Ash Kickers Combo. With a selection of signature side dishes to satisfy and an a la carte menu with favorites like Da OG Brisket Sandwich, Pig Floyd BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, Chickira Smoked Chicken Sandwich, hand cut French Fries, Nachos Grande, Mac & Cheesyness, Cheesy Grits, Roasted Shrooms, a sizeable Footlong Firecracker Dog and a vegan 3 Sisters Salad. For heavenly desserts indulge in our “Nice Dreams” menu featuring a decadent chocolate Mud Pie, AK Candied Bacon Cheesecake, Apple Fig Crumble and more.

We’re Bangkok’s first dedicated Bourbon Bar with a cocktail menu dedicated to the iconic American Whiskey. A selection of Craft Beers, Wines and other Spirits round out the bar. Or go easy with one of our non-alcoholic Mocktails, Nitro Cold Brew Coffee and refreshing Nitro Lemon Tea.

Ash Kickers provides delivery and catering. Our in-house dining covers 2 floors with a bar lounge and a covered outdoor garden terrace. We have the capacity to host private functions, parties and networking events. Located at Ekkamai 12 we’re your neighborhood BBQ joint and we look forward to welcoming you.

Contact us: 065-120-2018 or 02-120-4088
howsit@ashkickersfoods.com

82314818_665390630997334_8529255844493941968_o.jpg

103827408_659913711545026_522008745979958020_o.jpg

105526864_660025481533849_8549801870339520138_o.jpg

106021026_665653304304400_760322826921509474_o.jpg

106142982_665653037637760_5689013529976299100_o.jpg

Thank you Michael.  I would like to see more such posts when people find good, reasonably priced restaurants, no matter where in Thailand.  There are never enough of these posts.  Sometimes I wonder, even in Pattaya where I live, how many good "undiscovered" restaurants there are still to be found.

I would never have heard of Ash Kickers if you hadn't posted about it, but now it's definitely on my list for next time I'm in Bangkok.  Especially now, with the absence of farang tourists, letting people know about these places certainly helps to attract customers.  These days, the venues need all the customers they can get.

9 hours ago, Gaybutton said:

Thank you Michael.  I would like to see more such posts when people find good, reasonably priced restaurants, no matter where in Thailand.  There are never enough of these posts.  Sometimes I wonder, even in Pattaya where I live, how many good "undiscovered" restaurants there are still to be found.

I would never have heard of Ash Kickers if you hadn't posted about it, but now it's definitely on my list for next time I'm in Bangkok.  Especially now, with the absence of farang tourists, letting people know about these places certainly helps to attract customers.  These days, the venues need all the customers they can get.

It was a fluke for me. I was meeting friends at Bourbon Street for their Breakfast. I love that place!  And, they suggested we try a new place that had been delivering to them during Covid19. I went and tried it and was not only impressed with the food but the work they put into making this a beautiful place to eat. The prices were reasonable but I had leftovers for 3 meals. All were excellent. I wanted to try the Bacon Cheesecake but I was full! Next time.

21 minutes ago, Gaybutton said:

That's another restaurant I've never heard of . . .

I guess I didn't write much of it in the past few years which is a shame. I have been there over 300 times. It is one of my favorite places. I have Thanksgiving there each year. They have it done up buffet style just like in the USA. It is a hard ticket to get as you have to arrive early. It is the best American Thanksgiving in Bangkok. I have also ordered the entire feast from them several years. They prepare a whole turkey with all the fixings.

I lived across from the place for one  year and went there at least weekly. Tuesday nights, they have a Mexican buffet (all you can eat). Check the site for details. But, their food is excellent and the place has great staff. I have probably eaten there more than any other place in Bangkok.

When I get invited to a party, I order a whole pecan pie. It is 1,000 baht but always the rave of the party! They deliver to me. They delivered the entire Thanksgiving meal last year and I enjoyed it for a week.