Lucky

Is Boytoy More Popular Now?

• Members

Could it be that Oz was right all along? The new boytoy name doesn't seem to have hurt this site at all. In fact, it seems more popular than ever. And a certain other site is losing posts, if my casual observations are correct.

Right now we have 31 people online, the other site has 24. For us, it's 14 members and 17 guests. For them, 7 members and 17 guests.. Lucky us, huh?

(A fellow poster has been Lookin at the numbers and sharing them with me, thus I know more on this than I normally would.)

• Members

Doesn't that fellow poster spell his name with a lower case (l)? ^_^

Probably neither site is going to go gang busters on Saturday night but this one is doing vere well in my estimation.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest FourAces

I don't think there ever was a question that the new name and design with the awesome owner attitude would attract more visits. That appears to also have carried over to the forums. I believe people feel more comfortable expressing themselves here .... that their views will not be treated with disrespect even if there is disagreement.

Of course only those who have access to the stats know what impact the updates have made from the previous incarnation. But Lucky and your friend I agree it appears BoyToy has been a bit busier lately :D

• Members

Doesn't that fellow poster spell his name with a lower case (l)? :smile:

Probably neither site is going to go gang busters on Saturday night but this one is doing vere well in my estimation.

Best regards,

RA1

You know, I have taken to spelling"looking" like that just to be funny. But capitalizing it makes sure that it isn't lookin being referred to.

• Members

As a relative newbie to this site, having moved over from the other site for various reasons since the beginning of this year, I can say from my own perspective that I find this forum to be more friendly and with many less posters who are very touchy or looking for confrontation. It does take a bit of time to get used to the different format and ways to navigate but once that is done then it is fairly user friendly.

I personally hope this site continues to gain more and more people who participate as that does make things more interesting with a diverse population. The challenge as it grows is to keep the tone of discussion as it currently is. I do feel this forum is a gentleman's club and I hope it continues to be that way.

Just my two cents from a newbie here.

• Members

There was a time when bitching about the other site caused many hits here, but everyone wants this site to flourish on its own, and that is kooking good. So, let's talk bout the good things happening here, and not feed on complaints abut the other site. We're self sufficient now, we don't need t talk about the other site

Guest rimchair

I have no idea but I did not like the tone of the accusation et al.

Best regards,

RA1

"""Jessep furiously declares, "You can't handle the truth!""" ~~~A Few Good Men~~~

If you didn't like the tone, check out the truth!

(BTW, I am not bitching about the other site, just pointing out the differences.)

• Members

There was a time when bitching about the other site caused many hits here, but everyone wants this site to flourish on its own, and that is kooking good. So, let's talk bout the good things happening here, and not feed on complaints abut the other site. We're self sufficient now, we don't need t talk about the other site

Good point Lucky. I know in my case it's an expression of how fond I was previously of the other site and how disappointed I am now with its management. Even so, I agree its not worth beating a dead horse. Will try to refrain in the future.

• Members

Well many of us have complaints. In my case, the owner posted something under my screen name. When I complained, he banned me for life with ho hearing, no right to defend myself, and no gratitude for`my 13000 posts! He asked for donations due to car problems, then flew off to DC for several days of fun and games, and now is planning to come to the Palm Springs weekend no doubt without the car.

But, in banning me, he did me a favor. I feel liberated from that site. I don't miss it at all. as for the Weekend, which I founded, I won't even be going.

But the facts show that we at boytoy are on the rise, so rather than giggle about him, let's focus on this place, which I like.