On 9/26/2016 at 5:02 PM, Tomcal said:

I am going back to Mexico in November after i get back from Brazil. I was there in February and really enjoyed myself! My good friend Floridarob lives there!(he got the name because he lived in Fla at the time and he was one of two Robs that we started hanging with in Rio in 2002).  I am renting a entire house with pool new and updated for 100./day. I actually could have rented something even nicer and 20% cheaper but i like the location of this place, close to the bar restaurant/bar we like and the cruising park where i met actually a nice guy in the first 2 minutes in the park!  It's a main square well lit and safe! It seems all the guys we met were either gay or really gay friendly!  It's not Brazil but its also a lot shorter flight!

i have been to resort areas in Mexico quite a bit over the years, Cabo, Porto Vallarta, Cancun, but this was the first time i went "HOing" in Mexico and it was great!  I don't want to start another adnaseum discusion on pricing! But $20.U.S.  Will get you a overnight, thats all i am saying! :-)   Best cruing time seem to be from 5:00 to 10:00 pm but that is based on limited observaton on my part.

IMG_1891.JPG

What an international HOE....Joking...

I don't like Mexico City but love Cancun....Had an amazing time there and met the HOTTEST guy with the phattest, nicest ass I've ever seen on a Mexican...In Mexico or the states....

Well a first for me!! I am flying a Brazilian guy into Mexico to meet me for the week!  Brazilians do not need a Visa to travel to Mexico.  I got a entire house with pool for $79.00/ month.  If we find someone(s) to join us at the hacienda all the better but if not we will be happy!  He was at the apartment last week with the 3 other guys and is very easy to get along with, the other guys all liked him, and I had a great time with him.  Probably one of the reasons I picked him was when I saw the Fireman's Calendar he just got photographed for and the pics were amazing!

Someone asked me where in mexico? It is Merida, the capital of the state of Yucatan!  It is not a resort city like Cancun or Porto Vallarta or Cabo! It is more laid back and traditional Mexico.  

I would not pick this over Brazil Or other cities we have discussed but if you have been to them several times then this is a fun diversion.  

Some of the guys in one of the local gay bars

IMG_1876.JPG

IMG_1907.JPG

IMG_1913.JPG

My last night here tonight! Spent part of the day here with a realtor am seriously considering buying a place here!  The Sao Paulo guy and i have had a amaxing time together and when i come back down in a few moths he is coming with me again! But i will be back in Brazil in January!  The cost of living here is amazingly low!

IMG_1796.JPG

Summary of my week in Mexico.  While I was monogamous with the guy from S.P.  it didn't keep us from flirting and admiring what the city had to offer.  On any night there are guys that can be picked up in the main square park in the center of town! and there were many that were eyeing up my Brazilian friend!  Gay is accepted there, to the point that he was always holding my hand as we walked around town and I really didn't notice anyone bothering to stare(except at his great ass/body!) we felt as comfortable there as I do when I go out in Weho or Wilton Manors or Hell's Kitchen/Chelsea!    We went to 3 gay club/bars, one was a really big club with Drag Queen Shows,  one had anyone who wanted to earn tips to walk around the top of the oval bar, and about 16 guys did!  there is a large outdoor patio where these guys go and you can talk and buy them a beer for a $1.00

• Members

Very interesting report. Thank you, Tom. 

I have a few questions. How safe would you say Merida is, especially late at night? Did you have to be sure to take only certain taxis, use a safe in the house for valuables etc? Are there areas of the city to avoid?

And one last question. You wrote "anyone who wanted to earn tips to walk around the top of the oval bar, and about 16 guys did!" - did you mean to add something about their being fully clothed, in brief underwear or totally naked?

Msclelvr:  They start out around the bar clothed and depending on the guy end up in various degrees of undress after 4 or 5 trips around the bar!  

Yes it is very safe! extremely safe! No problem walking around. But Uber is very popular there and extremely cheap!  

We left our money credit cards etc in the house!

Well i am heading back to Mexico the 12th of December!  I am going back with the sole purpose of looking for a home to buy there!  I won't live there full time but will be there frequently from October to April.  The incredibally low cost of living, low crime rate, International Airport with frequent flights to the U.S., less then 2 hours away, and not but not least...a active gay life and a thriving expat American and Canadian community!

1 hour ago, Tomcal said:

Well i am heading back to Mexico the 12th of December!  I am going back with the sole purpose of looking for a home to buy there!  I won't live there full time but will be there frequently from October to April.  The incredibally low cost of living, low crime rate, International Airport with frequent flights to the U.S., less then 2 hours away, and not but not least...a active gay life and a thriving expat American and Canadian community!

Buying in Mexico City or another part of the country....

Maybe I should give Mexicans another try...I like one guy in particular in Cancun and that is IT...haven't really ever been interested in them outside of him....

That is what is so nice about Merida! Low crime rate! Because it is on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula it is a long way from the drug growing and shipping routes!  All the expats i talked to said it is one of the major reasons they picked this city to live in! You can walk all around town at midnight and not feel nervous about your personal safety!

Oh and the 2nd reason was the higher then normal % of gay guys! Lol 

Guest bobbalino

And Westjet Toronto-Merida direct return late Fall thru early Spring for as little as $300USD equivalency.

How are the public beaches a little bit directly north up to the coast? I think they are probably OK.

Westjet has an appealing destination blurb but does not mention the coastal beaches.

The beaches are very nice about 20 mins from town.  Homes on the beach can be had for $350,000.+.  I am not really a beach person so i am looking at the downtown/centro area where most of the colonials are located for $100,000. Less and bigger sq ft.  The beach is great for a few days/week but for me get pretty boring i prefer all the activity in town plus can walk to markets/restaurants!  

Bobbalino, since my mothers side were french canadians i spent summers from the time i was born until i was 18 in Kenora, Ont. at a fishing camp!( no running water, no electricity, outhouses!) so i like all the comforts of city living! :-)

Guest bobbalino

Much of my youth spent "roughing it" in northern Ontario as well ... like you, have little patience for lack of amenities. I am also partial to the shaded colonial plazas of the many Mexican cities and towns I have visited.