DutchDork

CUBA Gay Hookup Tips and Contacts

I hardly check this site much anymore..... But (remember, this is my opinion).... Cuba sucks now.... I was there before, during and after the death of Fidel.....Like Tom Said, been going FAITHFULLY for about 15-17 yrs.

I've dealt with all the shit that goes on there that doesn't happen any other place in the world.....but think I had my last trip.

I understand not every guy will be my type....but recognize when someone is cute, handsome or attractive in some other way....they have mostly left to Spain, s. America, etc... since Cuba did away with the Carta Blanca (the exit permit) a few years back.

Even walking the streets during the day, I am hard pressed to find someone that I think is cute.

Sex use to be a guaranteed success....now you're lucky if they can get hard and boy are they full of excuses.

Granted $20 is still cheap, but by the time they empty out your fridge and have ideas of going shopping through your closet for what they like.....just gets tiring and old.

Plus the police crack downs WHENEVER they feel like it. 

If anyone has been on this board or the old Hoo Boy site will know I was always praising Cuba.....those days are gone.

I'm pretty well known around town, to waiters, bartenders (don't pay for drinks at the Hotel Nacional), taxi drivers, police....the boys come and go....many have died (HIV is more rampant than they would let on)

For price, availability, variety and horniness, there are many places in Mexico I prefer....Brasil is just so damn expensive, getting there, taxis, sauna entrances, restaurants,apartments or hotels.....I LOVE Brasil but the per diem is too high for me.

Thailand is fun too, but it is on the other side of the world, boys charge more than Brasil or Mexico....is a big world, a friend was just in Santiago, DR and has been raving about it. 

• Members
8 hours ago, floridarob said:

I hardly check this site much anymore..... But (remember, this is my opinion).... Cuba sucks now.... I was there before, during and after the death of Fidel.....Like Tom Said, been going FAITHFULLY for about 15-17 yrs.

I've dealt with all the shit that goes on there that doesn't happen any other place in the world.....but think I had my last trip.

I understand not every guy will be my type....but recognize when someone is cute, handsome or attractive in some other way....they have mostly left to Spain, s. America, etc... since Cuba did away with the Carta Blanca (the exit permit) a few years back.

Even walking the streets during the day, I am hard pressed to find someone that I think is cute.

Sex use to be a guaranteed success....now you're lucky if they can get hard and boy are they full of excuses.

Granted $20 is still cheap, but by the time they empty out your fridge and have ideas of going shopping through your closet for what they like.....just gets tiring and old.

Plus the police crack downs WHENEVER they feel like it. 

If anyone has been on this board or the old Hoo Boy site will know I was always praising Cuba.....those days are gone.

I'm pretty well known around town, to waiters, bartenders (don't pay for drinks at the Hotel Nacional), taxi drivers, police....the boys come and go....many have died (HIV is more rampant than they would let on)

For price, availability, variety and horniness, there are many places in Mexico I prefer....Brasil is just so damn expensive, getting there, taxis, sauna entrances, restaurants,apartments or hotels.....I LOVE Brasil but the per diem is too high for me.

Thailand is fun too, but it is on the other side of the world, boys charge more than Brasil or Mexico....is a big world, a friend was just in Santiago, DR and has been raving about it. 

Comments about the attractiveness of boys are practically useless unless you provide the readers with what your opinion of attractiveness is. Unless we know you personally, we have no way of knowing what your tastes are, and there are many posters here whose tastes I strong disagree with (and who probably would not agree with mine).

For example, I find nothing attractive about twinks or guys that look underage, and I'd rather remove my own spleen with a blunted, rusty icepick than have sex with one. Many guys at this site apparently do cartwheels for them, though. So, someone who finds that look attractive and is primarily seeking that would probably not like what I like and look for what I like, no matter what country or island it may be on.

• Members

I found Floridarob's observations very interesting. They accord very closely to what  3 other men have told me. 

About 4 years ago, I met (separately) two extremely goodlooking Cubans in Barcelona, Spain. One had left Cuba with his mother and now has a successful career as a male model. The other had his exit sponsored by an older Spanish businessman and, after living with him for 2 years in Barcelona, had left him as he felt he'd "repaid" the man's generosity and was established in Spain. Both Cubans have returned on vacation to Cuba in the last 12 months.

A year ago, I mentioned to both Cubans and to a good and very well-travelled friend that I was thinking of making a trip to Havana for rest and recreation. (To meet SolaceSoul's point above, I'm a fit old man who is a top only and I enjoy spending time with handsome younger men with ripped, muscled bodies who like to please). All 3 warned me that I would have a celibate and unhappy vacation. All 3 said that no-one there would match my 'usual standard' as all the attractive and fit-bodied young men who used to be found in Havana, marketing themselves to visiting foreigners, had relocated to Europe in most cases and to the US in a few cases.

On 12/23/2016 at 10:47 AM, SolaceSoul said:

Comments about the attractiveness of boys are practically useless unless you provide the readers with what your opinion of attractiveness is. Unless we know you personally, we have no way of knowing what your tastes are, and there are many posters here whose tastes I strong disagree with (and who probably would not agree with mine).

For example, I find nothing attractive about twinks or guys that look underage, and I'd rather remove my own spleen with a blunted, rusty icepick than have sex with one. Many guys at this site apparently do cartwheels for them, though. So, someone who finds that look attractive and is primarily seeking that would probably not like what I like and look for what I like, no matter what country or island it may be on.

Then go......and be disappointed first hand,lol

I'm talking poor teeth, bad breath, poor hygiene.....rude manners, thieves, liars.....not all in one of course.

Then there's the police harassment, constant feeling of being ripped off, etc.... 

There was a time where I LOVED Cuba..... not anymore. Is a cool place to visit with a lover or family member to see but for sex, while not impossible, the success rate for something good is prob about 15% whereas years ago was 90%.

As I said in my opening line...Is My opinion

• Members

i was visiting last year (january 2016) columbia. to find something good and better then brazil. it was good, very good, but not better than brasil, which has unlimited offer of natural buties. a large chunk of that is available......

so i am actually sorry to hear that cuba is not good (any more). i actually planned to go in 2018, but with reviews like that i will probably finish in brazil, again.

we all try to broad our buyers market, actually.....

• Members
4 hours ago, trzinko said:

i was visiting last year (january 2016) columbia. to find something good and better then brazil. it was good, very good, but not better than brasil, which has unlimited offer of natural buties. a large chunk of that is available......

so i am actually sorry to hear that cuba is not good (any more). i actually planned to go in 2018, but with reviews like that i will probably finish in brazil, again.

we all try to broad our buyers market, actually.....

I think one would be hard pressed to find something "better than Brazil". Seriously.

On 12/23/2016 at 3:40 PM, floridarob said:

Thailand is further than Brazil, but from U.S. west coast, airfares to Thailand are cheaper than to Brazil.

The boys in Thailand are more expensive than Brazil, but hotels and restaurants are cheaper and MUCH nicer than Brazil, not to mention the quality of service.

I enjoy both, and spent about the same amount of time in both countries each year.

• Members
16 hours ago, DutchDork said:

Anyone made a recent trip to Cuba? Your reviews or tips would be greatly appreciated!

I hope to be in Cuba next month for almost a month.  ...am going for the culture but am also seeking out male-to-male play!  If it happens, I'll report back.  ...will be staying in casa particulares, but when I am in Habana for four days, I've rented an apartment via www.airbnb.com.  The cost was (already paid when booked) $38 per night.  ...good reviews and few "House Rules."  But, if you happen to rent this particular property, don't plan to have a party or any orgies or group gang bangs.

• Members
On 2/13/2017 at 5:43 AM, KevinC said:

Thailand is further than Brazil, but from U.S. west coast, airfares to Thailand are cheaper than to Brazil.

The boys in Thailand are more expensive than Brazil, but hotels and restaurants are cheaper and MUCH nicer than Brazil, not to mention the quality of service.

I enjoy both, and spent about the same amount of time in both countries each year.

I agree with most of what you said except cost of boys in Pattaya are not that dissimilar when you factor in all the costs and there is a much better App Boys where the cost is again similar to what you will pay in Brazil after you factor in Sauna fees, room fees etc etc etc.