kjun12

Bangkok has Changed a Lot (and not for the good)

• Members

Unfortunately, the bars with dancing boys now charge an outrageous 3 to 5 dollars to take one of the boys out of the place.  To add insult to the injury they charge $3.50 to $4.00 for a beer.  There are no longer real sex shows and the shows they do have are silly & campy.  This is especially true of the bars in the Soi Twilight area.  Sadly, I cannot recommend any bars I used to go to because they are all like this.  More people now use Grindr, Hornet or another of the phone apps to meet guys who are available and there are many.  Planet Romeo is another place to find boys.

Good hunting!

Soi Twilight had a full house last night, so some people enjoy it, myself included.    Prices are creeping up but  isn't that part of life in general. Not much gets cheaper. FreshBoys, X-Sise,  X-Boys still have full fuck shows.  Hot Male just did a bit of renovation and are doing some different shows.  When I take a boy home tonight it will still cost 25% of what it would cost in most US cities.    While I don't totally disagree with you that there has been some changes, there is still lots of fun to be had.   I was surprised to see how many Americans are in town this week.  The most I have noticed in a couple of years.   

Guest bobbalino

To me, it comes down to an available:discount ratio. If what I like, away from the exorbitant costs my home base where one pays a lot for relatively little, is accessible where I travel then I don't fret so much about how much of a good bargain price it is. Calculating an acceptable fee using local benchmark wage indices is exhausting. 

Guest lurkerspeaks

I am making my first ever trip to Bangkok in just over two months (Nov 8-16). I am excited to experience the sights, sounds and decadence of the city. I have read much about it, here and more extensively at gaythailand.com.

One of the main reasons why I chose to go to Thailand instead of a repeat trip to Brazil is, in good part, due to the truth behind what KJun12 said. The world is changing.. The gay for hire boy scene is going away in person and moving to the internet more and more every day. NYC's The Gaiety is long gone. (I never made it there). Amsterdam and the Whynot Club/Blueboy club is gone (Never made it there either). Montreal's Gay Village and the stripclub scene there is definitely a ghost of its old self (Luckily I did make it to here on many occasions). Brazil is still going, but Rio is down to just three saunas now, as opposed to the six or so at one time. (I LOVE Rio). Prague is a sad reminder of what it used to be (Never made it here either). 

So my advice is that if anyone wants to experience the sights of the gay sex vacation places, you better do it quickly before all the boys for hire will be behind their smartphone app instead of right in front of you for the real live sample before you purchase. 

• Members
2 hours ago, lurkerspeaks said:

I am making my first ever trip to Bangkok in just over two months (Nov 8-16). I am excited to experience the sights, sounds and decadence of the city. I have read much about it, here and more extensively at gaythailand.com.

One of the main reasons why I chose to go to Thailand instead of a repeat trip to Brazil is, in good part, due to the truth behind what KJun12 said. The world is changing.. The gay for hire boy scene is going away in person and moving to the internet more and more every day. NYC's The Gaiety is long gone. (I never made it there). Amsterdam and the Whynot Club/Blueboy club is gone (Never made it there either). Montreal's Gay Village and the stripclub scene there is definitely a ghost of its old self (Luckily I did make it to here on many occasions). Brazil is still going, but Rio is down to just three saunas now, as opposed to the six or so at one time. (I LOVE Rio). Prague is a sad reminder of what it used to be (Never made it here either). 

So my advice is that if anyone wants to experience the sights of the gay sex vacation places, you better do it quickly before all the boys for hire will be behind their smartphone app instead of right in front of you for the real live sample before you purchase. 

...nicely written, Lurker. ...immensely enjoyed reading and reflecting.

...have managed to have visited Thailand on three occasions and have experienced its offerings differently each time.  The first time was an eye-opener, for I went with approximately 12 gay men and a guide.  We enjoyed the essence of Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai [at a gay resort of sort which is now defunct], Chiang Ri and the Golden Triangle.  

My mind vividly remember lots that I'd love to renew and re-experience.  Go and make the most of this new adventure!  [I,too, truly love Brazil and truly look forward to returning one of these days after my previous 11 visits.] 

Guest bobbalino

I leapt up the e-learning curve this week, finally figuring out how to fiddle with Grindr on iPhone here in Montreal with a view to trying it out in Mexico and Brazil this year. I think I have finessed how to wordsmith the hire agenda innuendo. Hope I can translate it well enough. So far, no wannabe cash-seekers lighting up my screen. Just daddy-seekers who don't match my search parameters.

I fully hold all you converts to the hype that has been previously posted for south of the "wall". Grindr: ready, set, invade!

I also set up Facebook and made my very very first Instant Messenger contact with a Brazilian hunkaroo by reaching out thru extant networking, ie, the Rio sauna Facebook pages' endless listings of Friends. I now have a bundle of photos of this fella to drool over prior to meeting him in the flesh. And it Is clear these Facebook/Instagram pics are the real deel ... the videos the reel deal. 

With everyone's advice and forecasting, assisting and urging me to break the digital soashmead barrier, I hope to be getting laid irrespective of the brothel mortality rate.

• Members

KJUN has not posted a single price that is right .  In fact it is closer to $12 or more to take a boy ( known as the off fee) On Soi Twilight in BKK the drink prices at GoGo Bars range from $8-14 or more on Chinese Holidays . The shows will still be interesting to a newbie even if not as sexual as they once were.  Bottom Line for all the changes it is one of the few places in the world with a street full of Boys with little on and you can take home for anywhere from 1/3- 1/6 of the price in the USA.

The apps can be very useful in Pattaya, but not so much in BKK because of the enormity of the city and travel times.

Guest bobbalino

When stating prices, though, I and several others here try not to be Country-centric ( eg, Canada loonie-centric), unless I specifically qualify CDN. Usually trying to remember to reference the currency, as we are many nations and each xchng is a different multiplier or multiplicand. 

My evening is just winding down.   I had a boy over for a couple of hours. A couple of taxis, little to eat, a couple of drinks.  $75.us for the night.  I know some here will find that the end of the world and others look at it as a bargain.  I'm happy.   If you want to use the Aps you can have a $30 dollar a session. So much of it comes down to what your needs are. 

For those who follow the Latin forum, Florida Rob is in Bangkok now. We went to one gogo tonight and he negotiated the prices down..  Using all his experiences from Mexico.

Guest bobbalino

At the risk of sounding kooky, picky, and crude, what is the general state of dental self-care with boys there? Any unpleasant surprises? Brazilians tend to be obsessed about the state of their teeth, and seem to have good access to treatment, so at least I am spared one of my pet peeve cages being rattled there. 

6 hours ago, paulsf said:

For those who follow the Latin forum, Florida Rob is in Bangkok now. We went to one gogo tonight and he negotiated the prices down..  Using all his experiences from Mexico.

Even though I didn't off somewhere because the wouldn't lower the price.....my night ended awesome, I met someone that works at one of the bars outside of DJ Station.

Things happen for a reason ;-)

Guest bobbalino

I was not referring to diet or halitosis. It's OK ... I likely won't visit. I have local relatives with poor dental care, that is a turnoff. It is not nation-specific. However, I was curious whether there is a relationship between financial resources and the state of Thai boys' choppers. I have intersected with many Asian and southeast Asian newcomers with evidence of that unfortunate reality. 

9 hours ago, KevinC said:

Many Asians have bad breath that's often with the smell of garlic, curry, pepper etc, and they don't seem to care.

Having had sex with well over 1,000 of those Asians, I have never once found one to have worst breath that Americans (unless they are smokers and then no matter where they are from it is disgusting). 

Thais take care of their body and are the cleanest people I have met. They don't take care of their teeth as often as most don't know to go to the dentist every year. But, they still have pretty teeth.

• Members
22 hours ago, bobbalino said:

When stating prices, though, I and several others here try not to be Country-centric ( eg, Canada loonie-centric), unless I specifically qualify CDN. Usually trying to remember to reference the currency, as we are many nations and each xchng is a different multiplier or multiplicand. 

Some truth to that but he would be farther off if it was Canadian or even Australian. $ sign can only fit a few places.

Guest bobbalino
23 hours ago, floridarob said:

So you've never been and likely not to go....but somehow you think the Thai's have poor teeth and dental hygiene..........weird assumption, no?

I asked a question ... YOU made an assumption, reading too much into my inquiry. I cannot help but think your xenophobe detection meter is set at a hairtrigger threshold. I asked because, true, I have not been. I am referring to sex trade, where globally the more financially disadvantaged have poor access to health care. I am happy to hear that your experiences do not bear that out. 

Kentucky fried kryst! Posters here have cast aspersions on certain aspects of Brazilian rentmen, eg their money-grabbing 'tude. I myself have not felt inclined to kick into defense attorney mode in relation to those types of testimonials. Similarly, I have not felt the need to dig a trench when posters here disparage mesomorphic builds. 

I won't plan to visit BKK because I have not seen much evidence here of the type of profile of rentmen to be found in Thailand. It is a long way to go in blind. And I, admittedly, have a constricted bandwidth of preferred body type, a reflection of my own psychosexual developmental immaturity. In contrast, I have tried to combine both verbal and visual aspects of Brazilian rentmen in my posts. 

This said, you likely have a personal investment, naturally and appropriately, to your peeps in southeast Asia. I accept that, but I think all that was required here was a straightforward response disabusing me of the notion that, in your travels there, poverty = driven to sex work + frenching mouths less than optimally appealing. In Brazil, that kind of phenomenon is not seen in the brothels. 

21 hours ago, bobbalino said:

I asked a question ... YOU made an assumption, reading too much into my inquiry.

I did?

I read your reply 2 times....don't really get it, but maybe because of the time zone changes. However,the last paragraph describes kind of what you complain about, no?

And as far as Brasil.... I know a thing or two about that place I'd say...maybe I'm wrong.

And this question........" poverty = driven to sex work + frenching mouths less than optimally appealing."  Not sure if I even understand this statement, but I do know MANY people that are well of that have horrible teeth, breath....so poor hygiene can cover all class of people it would seem.

FULL DISCLOSURE: no personal interest in Brasil or SE Asia ;-)

• Members

I started in Thailand in 1987, Of course it has changed, there are a lot more  people who live there now. That means changes across the board. It used to be only Thai sex workers, but as their economy improved and thy didn't so much need that work, other counties sent their handsome cuties.